Drew a candidate for the UK job??

111,720 Views | 998 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by wongobear
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ashley Hodge said:

Mitch Henessey said:

I am hoping against all hope that CSD stays in Waco. That said, trusting the owners of this site to have the inside scoop is a great way to end up with egg on your face.

Ashley Hodge was the guy that posted that the BOR would be giving Briles a second chance in 2016. Etheridge (or maybe it was Hodge) posted that the HC hire in 2017 would be Chad Morris. All of them got scooped by ESPN that Aranda was coming back for (at least) one more year this year.

Look, I appreciate this site as a forum to discuss Baylor sports, a gathering place to interact with other Baylor fans, and all the resources they provide (Smoaky foremost amongst them). But if you're coming here for inside info, there are no true "insiders" to be found here. It's just speculation, much like what most of the UK crap that's been posted on this thread has been.
we should probably shut the free boards down.

First of all, we lose money on them every month. All of the ad money goes to Jason, which is fair because he brought the community to us. We actually subsidize that by 15% as well.

Second, we have mostly "free" users ripping us every chance they get. We mostly ignore it but I know I worked hard on this story. It's a "side hustle" for me and I was fielding calls after midnight to talk to people about what was going on.

Third, I was telling fans on premium that Aranda was getting another year when it was a very unpopular opinion so that is inaccurate.

If you owned this business and most of your "free" customers just *****ed and complained about the premium product that they aren't even paying for and you were losing money on the "free" product, what would you do? Might be time to shut it down.

Sorry for the rant, just a beating to read all the negativity on the free boards. It would be one thing if we actually made any money on it!
You ate Baylorfans.com to grow your brand and business. You can't really complain now about the lack of fealty you get from the serfdom you conquered. I mean, you can, but it doesn't look very good.

Most of the free posters here would have been perfectly content to stay at Baylorfans. It wasn't our decision for that site to die. This is now the only active online Baylor community by the design of this site's owners.

I'm glad this site has had the success it has because it does a number of things well. Taking valid criticism without getting defensive isn't always one of them.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
historian said:

Ashley's venting was a form of joking. It's a two way street.

OK, my joking meter must be off. Sounds like after killing a great free board, he's upset about not getting his due respect from a bunch of freeloaders.
Fre3dombear
IowaBear said:

I will say I did get a chuckle out of "corn boy" for some reason I find that hilarious

Cornhub?
EvilTroyAndAbed
cowboycwr said:

historian said:

boognish_bear said:

Sidenote… As many times as I have seen this play I don't remember seeing this bird's eye angle

Whomever wrote that response needs to get a life!
How can he? His life his ruined, ruined I say, over a coach not taking a job......

That response was tongue in cheek.
EvilTroyAndAbed
boognish_bear said:

Jim Rome still has a show?

He still has a show and it's a show that gets the coach coming off back to back national championships to appear and talk about the Kentucky job.
Porteroso
Ashley Hodge said:

Mitch Henessey said:

I am hoping against all hope that CSD stays in Waco. That said, trusting the owners of this site to have the inside scoop is a great way to end up with egg on your face.

Ashley Hodge was the guy that posted that the BOR would be giving Briles a second chance in 2016. Etheridge (or maybe it was Hodge) posted that the HC hire in 2017 would be Chad Morris. All of them got scooped by ESPN that Aranda was coming back for (at least) one more year this year.

Look, I appreciate this site as a forum to discuss Baylor sports, a gathering place to interact with other Baylor fans, and all the resources they provide (Smoaky foremost amongst them). But if you're coming here for inside info, there are no true "insiders" to be found here. It's just speculation, much like what most of the UK crap that's been posted on this thread has been.

First of all, we lose money on them every month. All of the ad money goes to Jason, which is fair because he brought the community to us. We actually subsidize that by 15% as well.

Second, we have mostly "free" users ripping us every chance they get. We mostly ignore it but I know I worked hard on this story. It's a "side hustle" for me and I was fielding calls after midnight to talk to people about what was going on.

Third, I was telling fans on premium that Aranda was getting another year when it was a very unpopular opinion so that is inaccurate.

If you owned this business and most of your "free" customers just *****ed and complained about the premium product that they aren't even paying for and you were losing money on the "free" product, what would you do? Might be time to shut it down.

Sorry for the rant, just a beating to read all the negativity on the free boards. It would be one thing if we actually made any money on it!

You do make money on it, it gives you a monopoly on Baylor sports discussion. Without that you would make less.

I think anything to do with the premium side really irks people here. Nobody wants to be called a "poor" or talked down to. Just how it is though, the paying users have their own section and when they deign to visit the poors, they expect praises and bows. Probably not a good look to lament about people posting their own opinions for free.
BaylorOkie
Mitch Henessey said:

trusting the owners of this site to have the inside scoop is a great way to end up with egg on your face.

I don't think you know how wrong this is. And how could you? You're not seeing all of the info that so many people pay to see. Of course it's not on the free forms.

It's especially amusing to me that you would single Ashley out. He gives so much great info on this site, and is by far the main reason my subscription money is an incredible value. I've told them they should increase the subscription rates.

You really have no idea the value Ashley brings to the premium side. All the staff does, but I'm talking about him specifically here. He talks to EVERYONE in the MBB program. He'll probably never admit it, but when he told us Thursday morning before any public announcement that Drew was staying, I'm certain he got that as a direct text message from Scott. He doesn't leave egg on anyone's face.
boatergal
Make all the boards premium subscription
Mitch Henessey
BaylorOkie said:

Mitch Henessey said:

trusting the owners of this site to have the inside scoop is a great way to end up with egg on your face.

I don't think you know how wrong this is. And how could you? You're not seeing all of the info that so many people pay to see. Of course it's not on the free forms.

It's especially amusing to me that you would single Ashley out. He gives so much great info on this site, and is by far the main reason my subscription money is an incredible value. I've told them they should increase the subscription rates.

You really have no idea the value Ashley brings to the premium side. All the staff does, but I'm talking about him specifically here. He talks to EVERYONE in the MBB program. He'll probably never admit it, but when he told us Thursday morning before any public announcement that Drew was staying, I'm certain he got that as a direct text message from Scott. He doesn't leave egg on anyone's face.
I'd really prefer not to go down this rabbit hole any further, because I'm not going to feel comfortable bashing any one person individually. Suffice it to say, there are numerous instances where they've gotten bad intel and reported it, and I couldn't be more glad that this one was dead-on correct. If the keep this type of track record up, I'm sure subscriptions will grow, which is what's important to them.
Rawyer Sobertson
They aren't God. Things change.
Mitch Henessey
boatergal said:

That'd be a very good way to dry up new subscriptions. The free board has to be among their top sources of new business, if not #1.
boatergal
Doubt it...
Mitch Henessey
Looks like they sent the bat signal up from the premium side to flood the free boards. Thanks for gracing us with your presence, guys.
Rawyer Sobertson
The bat signal for us to do what exactly?
Bear15
Mitch Henessey said:

Looks like they sent the bat signal up from the premium side to flood the free boards. Thanks for gracing us with your presence, guys.

You're not a Baylor fan. You bring nothing to the table other than to cry and whine like a little btch.

$12 a month is too much for this guy ladies (or gentlemen).

OurOurs
Mitch Henessey said:

boatergal said:

That'd be a very good way to dry up new subscriptions. The free board has to be among their top sources of new business, if not #1.

It's the only reason I'm here. Before Art got fired, I only looked at ODB. That site is a shell of itself, and then I discovered this one. I'm grateful it's here.

That said, I'm not here to call anyone out or the product. I've mulled buying a sub a few times, but I want to live a less digital life these days so I'm not trying to fuel it anymore. It's not hard to imagine that many people discover this site like me, and then decide to buy a sub.

Anyway, stay cool guys.
historian
No one has a monopoly on Baylor sports info. There are plenty of places one can go, with many links posted here daily. This is the best and most comprehensive site, however. And no, it's not perfect, but they do a great job keeping us informed.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
bear2be2
Mitch Henessey said:

The premium board on this site is a Stanford Prison Experiment caliber case study on in-group/out-group dynamics.

Some of these clowns legitimately think they're special/better because they spend the equivalent of a Whatameal here every month

It's kind of hilarious when you think about it.
Hotsauce
Ashley Hodge said:

As someone who's been on this message board loooong before you took it over, I find this response pretty disgusting.

I guess this site doesn't value all the people that originally built up an online community of Baylor fans...??
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
bear2be2 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

The premium board on this site is a Stanford Prison Experiment caliber case study on in-group/out-group dynamics.

Some of these clowns legitimately think they're special/better because they spend the equivalent of a Whatameal here every month

Hah, spot on. And the few guys like you here are some of the best posters around, I'll take the free crowd over guys that come over to the free side and b-tch about us not wanting to pay just to shoot the bull about college ball. Strange outlook really. I respect what they do here of course, just the majority of fans don't care about getting the insider news hours earlier than the public.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
disgusting? Ok
Bear15
Hotsauce said:

Ashley Hodge said:

As someone who's been on this message board loooong before you took it over, I find this response pretty disgusting.

I guess this site doesn't value all the people that originally built up an online community of Baylor fans...??

If it's disgusting, then fck off to somewhere else!
whitetrash
Bear15 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

You're not a Baylor fan. You bring nothing to the table other than to cry and whine like a little btch.

Somebody ate a big bowl of @sshole flakes for breakfast I see.
boognish_bear
Bear15 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

This is the kind of condescension that makes the premium side seem not very appealing. Kind of sucks to see Baylor fans taking shots at other Baylor fans.
bear2be2
Bear15 said:

Hotsauce said:

Ashley Hodge said:

You might follow that same advice. You're making a fool of yourself.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Bear15 said:

Hotsauce said:

Ashley Hodge said:

I mean he can think Ashley's attitude is disgusting while also enjoying the discussions on the free board.
I think Ashley's attitude is more butt hurt than anything else. Fortunately for him he can ignore us freeloaders more often than not,especially the jerks.
BaylorOkie
When BF first moved over here, I stayed on the free side for a good while. There were a few posters that wandered over from the premium side and acted like condescending jerks, and that made me want no part of the premium side. So I get it, and I still see that happening.

There are some (in my opinion) jokers on the premium side. But it is overwhelmingly a great community with all kinds of good discussion and info. And with all due respect, the info discussed over there plays out far more accurately than over here. I don't mean that in any other way than that's just my experience.

There are some strange and ridiculous responses to Ashley in this thread. Folks, he's losing money on this board, all while people talk shlt about him. I mean, who among us would want to keep paying for that kind if treatment? This isn't complicated. You guys are coming off as really entitled. JMO.
wongobear
Ashley Hodge said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Well, I had no beef at all in terms of free vs paid. I've never said anything bad about the premium content, and I appreciate the free board for what it is, but this post basically just told me to eff off. I thought we were talking about Scott Drew?

Not a good look.

I guess just shut it down if you can't afford it but keep this kind of thing to yourself.
Heisman25g
wongobear said:

Ashley Hodge said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Well, I had no beef at all in terms of free vs paid. I've never said anything bad about the premium content, and I appreciate the free board for what it is, but this post basically just told me to eff off. I thought we were talking about Scott Drew?

Not a good look.

I guess just shut it down if you can't afford it but keep this kind of thing to yourself.

Y'all don't crawfish now. If y'all are going to say the stuff you say, you can't expect for nothing to come back at you. Very LJ Cryer of you lol

Nothing wrong with Ashley said, don't cry victim now. And if you're going to ask Ashley to keep it to himself, how about you ask everyone to keep it to themselves so that it never starts. Just my opinion
ALLBEAR
bear2be2 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Exactly. So strange over there.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
BaylorOkie said:

When BF first moved over here, I stayed on the free side for a good while. There were a few posters that wandered over from the premium side and acted like condescending jerks, and that made me want no part of the premium side. So I get it, and I still see that happening.

There are some (in my opinion) jokers on the premium side. But it is overwhelmingly a great community with all kinds of good discussion and info. And with all due respect, the info discussed over there plays out far more accurately than over here. I don't mean that in any other way than that's just my experience.

There are some strange and ridiculous responses to Ashley in this thread. Folks, he's losing money on this board, all while people talk shlt about him. I mean, who among us would want to keep paying for that kind if treatment? This isn't complicated. You guys are coming off as really entitled. JMO.

Entitled? Lol, no, we know we're free loaders. I've never had any issue with Ashley or this site's management. But it's absolutely ridiculous for Ashley to threaten to shut the community down because some turd or two criticized him. It's butt hurt and childish.
IowaBear
Did he even really get criticized? Maybe I missed something but it appears a few posters just pointed out the obvious which is that sometimes the mods are wrong or pass along incorrect info. And that happens. Impossible to be right every time. Didn't feel like there was anything malicious said towards Ashley or any mods
Ashley Hodge
Staff
I try to live my life never taking offense. We read a lot of comments that trash the quality of info on the premium side and we've been discussing if it is worth keeping it going. It would be one thing if people complained about stuff outside of the one thing that actually allows us to have Craig, Paul, Smoaky, JJ Joe, Travis, Kendall, production guys, a studio, website that isn't bombarded with ads, etc….

Mitch's comments sparked a reaction. We are all for free speech but when premium subscriptions are the lifeblood of all that other stuff, it just doesn't make sense having posters working in opposition to the goals of the business.

Appreciate the feedback, we've been soliciting feedback on the premium side as well. We'll talk it over with Jason and go from there.
Heisman25g
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

BaylorOkie said:

Entitled? Lol, no, we know we're free loaders. I've never had any issue with Ashley or this site's management. But it's absolutely ridiculous for Ashley to threaten to shut the community down because some turd or two criticized him. It's butt hurt and childish.

If he did shut it down, and y'all didn't have a place to go cry and complain, would y'all still be considered cry babies? Very similar to a tree falling in the woods does it still make a sound type a thing

Really makes you think
bear2be2
Heisman25g said:

TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

BaylorOkie said:

If he did shut it down, and y'all didn't have a place to go cry and complain, would y'all still be considered cry babies? Very similar to a tree falling in the woods does it still make a sound type a thing

Really makes you think
If he shuts it down, someone will start a free board like Baylorfans, and everyone will have what they want.

This isn't charity. All major college teams have a free forum on which to discuss their teams. If the owners of this site decide they don't want to host one, someone else will fill that void.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.