Drew a candidate for the UK job??

116,116 Views | 1003 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by wongobear
GoodOleBaylorLine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:

or just a Texan
El Oso
Who woulda thunk the reviews on Mi Casita would be breaking the conclusion to this story?
cowboycwr
Big12Fan2024 said:

Why would people think he'd be in Lexington. That is what his agent does. This isn't Morehead State where you fly him in and 15 people are there cheering and he signs a contract in front of 2 local media guys. When Kentucky names a coach it will be a high dollar event with the entire states' media outlets there including radio, TV and electronic.

Wouldn't you imagine his agent has provided Kentucky the list of things Drew requires to accept the job. That's where the negotiations begin. And I'm sure Drew's agent knows where he is willing to bend. If Kentucky doesn't meet them, Drew is in Waco with his Baylor shirt on and no harm done. If they are met, then he's on the first jet out tonight with a huge reception in Lexington tomorrow.
Because of the flight from Waco to Lexington.

Which I would think his agent would not be on. Unless his agent also lives in Waco?

Makes me think it is just a private jet and maybe a distraction while UK talks to their real target/next head coach who came in from a different spot while everyone is watching this plane.
Big12Fan2024
There is no way Fran Fraschilla or Jeff Goodman would have both said it was Drew's decision to make if he had not been UK's real target and had an offer. Those are the two guys he goes to first with everything he wants released to the rest of the media. I don't believe he would be a decoy.
gobears20
Staff
Chip lol

Big12Fan2024
IowaBear said:

We have to assume it was. I understand via a few posters it rained today (also via PartyBear that it rained yesterday)
But Drew's no dummy he's well aware of what's going on and probably of the flight tracker stuff.
Again I may be naive but I feel like this was CSDs way of telling everyone thanks but no thanks

I don't believe the shirt means anything. He was in a Baylor shirt 90% of the time I saw him on campus. But I agree with you that there is no way he has it in him to be deceptive and post a photo he took days ago or whatever. He was at that place today and that is when the photo was taken.
whitetrash
If anyone needs further evidence, Eric is in a jacket. Temps were in the low 60s this morning before the first rain arrived at 10:45-11, and the latest wave of rain that arrived about 12:30 or so brought north winds and temps dropping into the 50s for the first time in a couple of weeks around here.
MarcelloSwisher
Someone needs to see if that Family Feud episode in the background matches to what played today
gobears20
Staff
OkieBear12
If I remove my fandom out of it, which is nearly impossible, this coaching search has been absolutely wild. Checking the UK boards is really entertaining. They already have a dedicated thread and 4 pages of posts about the Drew tweet. Guess that's part of the craziness that the UK fanbase is.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/drew-tweet.412311/page-4
Big12Fan2024

Rocco is known as one of the foremost USBW writers on mid-majors
Ryan is Kentucky beat writer.
Stefano DiMera
Chamberman said:

Stefano DiMera said:

I've seen multiple sites say the plane traveled from Waco McGregor Airport to Lexington this morning is owned by Joe Craft.. Kentucky alum and one of richest men in the country.
He's worth about $1.7 billion, hardly one of the richest men in the country. He doesn't even make the top 400.

LOL...Well...there 51.84 million males in USA..if he's even in top 4000 he's still one of the richest men in country.
Bleed Green
just knowing a coach's allotment for gear, and the expectation Nike has that he be seen in their gear, he probably does not own many shirts outside of dress shirts that don't have Baylor and Nike on them.
possible12
DR0941 said:

LOL
Could have at least beeen at George's.
IvanBear
Chip Gaines trash talking randos on twitter is all I need to know about if Scott is staying.
BearlyBeloved
Truth behind CSD's photo tweet:

He is taking the vacant job at Universidad de Ciudad de Mexico.

OkieBear12
Can we get some of that Chip swagger on the football team?? A lot to ask for, I know.
Big12Fan2024
$10,000 to whoever had Mi Casita trending on social media today. Or any time for that matter.
GoodOleBaylorLine
whitetrash said:

If anyone needs further evidence, Eric is in a jacket. Temps were in the low 60s this morning before the first rain arrived at 10:45-11, and the latest wave of rain that arrived about 12:30 or so brought north winds and temps dropping into the 50s for the first time in a couple of weeks around here.

Good work Encyclopedia Brown.
GoodOleBaylorLine
IvanBear said:

Chip Gaines trash talking randos on twitter is all I need to know about if Scott is staying.
Lot of truth in this post
boognish_bear
OkieBear12 said:

If I remove my fandom out of it, which is nearly impossible, this coaching search has been absolutely wild. Checking the UK boards is really entertaining. They already have a dedicated thread and 4 pages of posts about the Drew tweet. Guess that's part of the craziness that the UK fanbase is.

Thanks for sharing this. Looks like Drew could actually make both fan bases happy by staying put.

Side note.... man they've got some pompous entitled fans. I had to double check to make sure I had not accidentally clicked on orange bloods.
boognish_bear
whitetrash said:

I bet they don't even get this level of detective work on the premium side. Well done WT. Two claps.
bear2be2
DR0941 said:

LOL
This is the most interesting development of the day IMO. I've been on the "he's gone" side of the fence, but this gives me pause. It would be pretty tone deaf to tweet this out when you know Baylor fans are on pins and needles over this decision. I don't think Scott Drew would intentionally do that to people who have supported him for two decades.
contrario
boognish_bear said:

OkieBear12 said:

Thanks for sharing this. Looks like Drew could actually make both fan bases happy by staying put.

Side note.... man they've got some pompous entitled fans. I had to double check to make sure I had not accidentally clicked on orange bloods.
I didn't read all 4 pages, but in skimming, most of the fans seem pretty reasonable and are trying to make light of the situation just as we are. It's comical how this has been portrayed by the "experts".
whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

OkieBear12 said:

Duke fans are arrogant and KU fans think they are God's gift to basketball, but UK fans are a bunch of a-holes who take it to a whole other level of obnoxiousness.
boognish_bear
Dick don't know dick

boognish_bear
This is all becoming pretty comical

Big12Fan2024
boognish_bear
Sportscaster for KWTX in Waco

boognish_bear
whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

Sportscaster for KWTX in Waco

Props to Darby the sports chick, whose roughest previous assignment was being live on the sidelines during the 2022 Armed Forces Bowl.
hodedofome
Over/under on the number of texts and phone calls Eric at Alliance Bank received today?
BearlyBeloved
I found a website saying Lexington has 116 Mexican restaurants.

No doubt UK fans will use that number in their effort to entice CSD.
contrario
BearlyBeloved said:

But are any of them TexMex?
GoodOleBaylorLine
contrario said:

BearlyBeloved said:

But are any of them TexMex?
Better question, how many of them aren't Taco Bells?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.