House Republicans Elect Mike Johnson Speaker, Ending Weeks of Uncertainty

19,208 Views | 507 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Redbrickbear
ron.reagan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

"Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watches. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest … he strikes".
Most Americans might not be able to pick Mike Johnson out of a lineup, but in reality he's far from benign. Johnson is a true Trump believer. He was an architect in the House of Trump's attempt to overturn the 2020 election, and served as one of the former president's impeachment lawyers. He is opposed to any form of abortion access. He once supported criminalizing gay sex. MSNBC
gonna need you to stop posting stuff from sites that have been known misinformation on them..
I don't watch MSNBC, but I think all of the above is true (not sure about the gay sex thing).
The gay sex issue is well documented by many sources
4th and Inches
ron.reagan said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

"Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watches. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest … he strikes".
Most Americans might not be able to pick Mike Johnson out of a lineup, but in reality he's far from benign. Johnson is a true Trump believer. He was an architect in the House of Trump's attempt to overturn the 2020 election, and served as one of the former president's impeachment lawyers. He is opposed to any form of abortion access. He once supported criminalizing gay sex. MSNBC
gonna need you to stop posting stuff from sites that have been known misinformation on them..
I don't watch MSNBC, but I think all of the above is true (not sure about the gay sex thing).

Trump had an openly gay cabinet member..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
ron.reagan
4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

When his supporters say he could shoot a man in the street and still maintain their support I wonder if that includes "loving" a man in the street.
Redbrickbear
4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

And here the Media said Trump was gonna send gays to a concentration camp....
Redbrickbear
boognish_bear said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

It amazes me this horse-faced nutjob has the power she does.
I can't for the life of me explain or understand MTG...she seems like nothing more than a reckless fire starter.

Johnson is still pushing through large omnibus spending bills....something the America First congressmen in the GOP have been demanding stop.

Now I'm not sure this is the best way to go about it but calling for a the chair to be vacated is about the only thing these Congressmen/Congresswomen can do to get these kind of abusees of government to stop.
4th and Inches
ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

When his supporters say he could shoot a man in the street and still maintain their support I wonder if that includes "loving" a man in the street.
took a once in 100 years pandemic, last minute, non-legislative election rule changes, and Biden still only one by about 76,000 votes..

Trump gonna win the popular vote in 24
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Mitch Blood Green
Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I can't for the life of me explain or understand MTG...she seems like nothing more than a reckless fire starter.

Johnson is still pushing through large omnibus spending bills....something the America First congressmen in the GOP have been demanding stop.

Now I'm not sure this is the best way to go about it but calling for a the chair to be vacated is about the only thing these Congressmen/Congresswomen can do to get these kind of abusees of government to stop.
That's abuse of minority power. Keep vacating the chair if you don't get your way?

Clearly, even with the majority, House Reps are misaligned. My bet is Jeffries is giving Johnson the cover he needs. We need Johnson, we don't need to agree with him.

I doubt we see the chair vacated again.
ron.reagan
Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

Mar 22 2024. Time of death for government corruption
Redbrickbear
ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

Probably not unfortunately…but interesting that you think anyone trying to clean up DC's insider game of corruption is a joke…
Redbrickbear
Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

That's abuse of minority power. Keep vacating the chair if you don't get your way?

….

Well it's certainly a legitimate Congressional tactic open to House Conservatives.

Now it's a different question on if doing that constantly is going to get them anywhere…
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

And another one leaves

Representative Mike Gallagher Announces Early Resignation, Further Trimming GOP's Narrow House Majority
ron.reagan
4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

took a once in 100 years pandemic, last minute, non-legislative election rule changes, and Biden still only one by about 76,000 votes..

I'm not sure why you feel the need to keep bringing up how Trump will win. He might, but I don't think so and doesn't help your case for people to get out and vote.
ron.reagan
Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

Probably not unfortunately…but interesting that you think anyone trying to clean up DC's insider game of corruption is a joke…
Yeah, I'm strongly pro government corruption.
J.R.
That biatch be Bat **** cray. Sorry, folks , but the Republican Party is nothing but a clown show. It is FUBAR'd
beyond belief. Sad really.
Redbrickbear
J.R. said:

That biatch be Bat **** cray. Sorry, folks , but the Republican Party is nothing but a clown show. It is FUBAR'd

Totally….thank God there are no absolutely insane members of the Democratic Party in DC

Redbrickbear
ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I can tell

You're a big goof who likes government boondoggle proxy wars in Eastern Europe with all the corruption that comes with it

A real "small government conservative" over here…lol
ron.reagan
Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I can tell

You're a big goof who likes government boondoggle proxy wars in Eastern Europe with all the corruption that comes with it

I wouldn't expect a communist to understand the intricacies of internal US politics
Redbrickbear
ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I can tell

I wouldn't expect a communist to understand the intricacies of internal US politics

I've been called a lot of pejoratives in my time…but only your goofy butt would call me a Leftist

ron.reagan
Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I can tell

I've been called a lot of pejoratives in my time…but only your goofy butt would call me a Leftist

I called you a communist based on your ideologies.
Redbrickbear
ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I can tell

lol what's my "communist" ideology there smart guy?
ron.reagan
Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I can tell

One of the main issues with communism is most of them didn't understand it either
Redbrickbear
ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I can tell

One of the main issues with communism is most of them didn't understand it either

Again just name one "communist" belief I have ever stated…come on little guy you can surely do that can't you?
4th and Inches
ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

I'm not sure why you feel the need to keep bringing up how Trump will win. He might, but I don't think so and doesn't help your case for people to get out and vote.
its fun to watch yall cry about him..

If the vote was Today, he wins convincingly. Things can change..

–Horace

Redbrickbear
4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

I just want Trump to win so I can see JR and Ron cry
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
J.R.
Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

Totally….thank God there are no absolutely insane members of the Democratic Party in DC

Whataboutism is your crutch. Thanks for being off topic.
J.R.
Redbrickbear said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

got $1K says the Criminal does not win. You in?
KaiBear
J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

Is Biden's election going to improve the lives of your children ?
Redbrickbear
J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

No way….i don't think this corrupt system will let him win.

I'm waiting for that late night ballot dump that magically erases a Trump lead.

Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

When McCarthy was Speaker you guys hollered about "regular order" primarily for the individual budget bills. You wanted Freedom Caucus members on the Rules Committee.
McCarthy gave you what you wanted and the Freedom Caucus members on the Rules Committee blocked the individual budget bills. An omnibus bill is passed to keep government open and you vacate the chair - McCarthy is out.
Now you want regular order for budget. Freedom Caucus again blocks bills, so Johnson passes an omnibus bill to prevent a government shutdown. Now you file a motion to vacate the chair.

You have a 2 vote margin in the House. You can't impeach Biden or Mayorkis and you can only cut up fellow Republicans. At least with a 2 vote margin you guys can block bad bills. Face it - you guys will never be happy until you're in the minority.

Send 'em a message; Kari Lake or Boebert for VP, maybe Gaetz
J.R.
KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

Is Biden's election going to improve the lives of your children ?
No, neither will Trump. It is my children's job to figure it out regardless who is in the WH, just like me.
J.R.
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

When McCarthy was Speaker you guys hollered about "regular order" primarily for the individual budget bills. You wanted Freedom Caucus members on the Rules Committee.
McCarthy gave you what you wanted and the Freedom Caucus members on the Rules Committee blocked the individual budget bills. An omnibus bill is passed to keep government open and you vacate the chair - McCarthy is out.
Now you want regular order for budget. Freedom Caucus again blocks bills, so Johnson passes an omnibus bill to prevent a government shutdown. Now you file a motion to vacate the chair.

You have a 2 vote margin in the House. You can't impeach Biden or Mayorkis and you can only cut up fellow Republicans. At least with a 2 vote margin you guys can block bad bills. Face it - you guys will never be happy until you're in the minority.

Send 'em a message; Kari Lake or Boebert for VP, maybe Gaetz
Gaetz would be awesome! Such a creeper and very pervy.
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Now you want regular order for budget. Freedom Caucus again blocks bills…

If the people's representatives are blocking bills maybe there is something wrong with them.

I know you dislike Democracy but if you can't write a bill out of committee then the problem lies with the bills.

Omnibus bills written by the leadership and dropped in the middle of the night is rule by oligarchy.

And those freedom caucus conservatives you dislike offered to hold a vote on each spending bill…they only objected to combining all 6 together

[members also knocked the legislation for moving as a package rather than holding votes on each of the six appropriations bills, arguing that it is one half of an omnibus spending bill the sprawling, typically end-of-year funding measures that Republicans abhor.

And they criticized leadership's decision to consider the package under suspension of the rules, a fast-track process that requires two-thirds support for passage and eliminates the need to first pass a procedural rule

"The House Freedom Caucus opposes the $1.65 trillion omnibus spending bill, which will be decided in two halves, the first being brought to the floor this week under suspension of the rules," the group wrote in a statement. "Even in the face of $34.4 trillion in national debt, the omnibus will bust the bipartisan spending caps signed into law less than a year ago and is loaded with hundreds of pages of earmarks worth billions."

"Despite giving Democrats higher spending levels, the omnibus text released so far punts on nearly every single Republican policy priority," it added. "Worst of all, the omnibus surrenders Republicans' leverage to force radical Democrats to the table to truly secure the southern border and end the purposeful, dangerous mass release of illegal aliens into the United States."]
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Now you want regular order for budget. Freedom Caucus again blocks bills…

If the people's representatives are blocking bills maybe there is something wrong with them.

I know you dislike Democracy but if you can't write a bill out of committee then the problem lies with the bills.

Omnibus bills written by the leadership and dropped in the middle of the night is rule by oligarchy

Fire Johnson
That will solve your problems Why not Boebert?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.