House Republicans Elect Mike Johnson Speaker, Ending Weeks of Uncertainty

19,101 Views | 504 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by whiterock
KaiBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

"Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watches. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest … he strikes".
Most Americans might not be able to pick Mike Johnson out of a lineup, but in reality he's far from benign. Johnson is a true Trump believer. He was an architect in the House of Trump's attempt to overturn the 2020 election, and served as one of the former president's impeachment lawyers. He is opposed to any form of abortion access. He once supported criminalizing gay sex. MSNBC
gonna need you to stop posting stuff from sites that have been known misinformation on them..
I don't watch MSNBC, but I think all of the above is true (not sure about the gay sex thing).
The gay sex issue is well documented by many sources

Trump had an openly gay cabinet member..
When his supporters say he could shoot a man in the street and still maintain their support I wonder if that includes "loving" a man in the street.
Well you haven't been shot yet .
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

When McCarthy was Speaker you guys hollered about "regular order" primarily for the individual budget bills. You wanted Freedom Caucus members on the Rules Committee.
McCarthy gave you what you wanted and the Freedom Caucus members on the Rules Committee blocked the individual budget bills. An omnibus bill is passed to keep government open and you vacate the chair - McCarthy is out.
Now you want regular order for budget. Freedom Caucus again blocks bills…

If the people's representatives are blocking bills maybe there is something wrong with them.

I know you dislike Democracy but if you can't write a bill out of committee then the problem lies with the bills.

Omnibus bills written by the leadership and dropped in the middle of the night is rule by oligarchy

Fire Johnson
That will solve your problems Why not Boebert?

I didn't make any recommendation to fire anyone

You seem to be the one who is sure of what the Congress should do…
Redbrickbear
KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

"Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watches. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest … he strikes".
Most Americans might not be able to pick Mike Johnson out of a lineup, but in reality he's far from benign. Johnson is a true Trump believer. He was an architect in the House of Trump's attempt to overturn the 2020 election, and served as one of the former president's impeachment lawyers. He is opposed to any form of abortion access. He once supported criminalizing gay sex. MSNBC
gonna need you to stop posting stuff from sites that have been known misinformation on them..
I don't watch MSNBC, but I think all of the above is true (not sure about the gay sex thing).

When his supporters say he could shoot a man in the street and still maintain their support I wonder if that includes "loving" a man in the street.

Sadly…..
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

When McCarthy was Speaker you guys hollered about "regular order" primarily for the individual budget bills. You wanted Freedom Caucus members on the Rules Committee.
McCarthy gave you what you wanted and the Freedom Caucus members on the Rules Committee blocked the individual budget bills. An omnibus bill is passed to keep government open and you vacate the chair - McCarthy is out.

If the people's representatives are blocking bills maybe there is something wrong with them.

I know you dislike Democracy but if you can't write a bill out of committee then the problem lies with the bills.

Omnibus bills written by the leadership and dropped in the middle of the night is rule by oligarchy

Fire Johnson

Mealey mouth leftist. Just take a stand
4th and Inches
J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

took a once in 100 years pandemic, last minute, non-legislative election rule changes, and Biden still only one by about 76,000 votes..

Trump gonna win the popular vote in 24
I'm not sure why you feel the need to keep bringing up how Trump will win. He might, but I don't think so and doesn't help your case for people to get out and vote.
its fun to watch yall cry about him..

If the vote was Today, he wins convincingly. Things can change..

I just want Trump to win so I can see JR and Ron cry
got $1K says the Criminal does not win. You in?
you are gonna have to be way more specific..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Fire Johnson

I thought I was a freedom caucus right winger?

You can Ron can't make up your minds what my politics are…which is strange considering how obvious I am with my views
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Fire Johnson

You can Ron can't make up your minds what my politics are…which is strange considering how obvious I am with my views

You guys just say ****, no matter how nonsensical

You're really a Soros Freedom Caucus
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Fire Johnson

I'd say "Soros freedom caucus" is the most nonsensical thing I have heard….
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Fire Johnson

I'd say "Soros freedom caucus" is the most nonsensical thing I have heard….

Read Reality posts above
Redbrickbear
Bestweekeverr
Redbrickbear said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

Sadly…..
Come on, we're all Baylor fans here
Redbrickbear
Bestweekeverr said:

Redbrickbear said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

4th and Inches said:

ron.reagan said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

Sadly…..
Come on, we're all Baylor fans here

The face I put on that post should tell you it was a joke…
boognish_bear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Not really
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
boognish_bear
Redbrickbear
boognish_bear said:

You gotta wonder why keeping the Ukraine money flow and lobbyist Buffett going is so important to people in the leadership?

If I was Speaker I might just sit back and agree to follow what I promised my caucus and not try to cram through another "aid" package of taxpayer cash through against what my members wanted….
Mitch Blood Green
My bet is the movement will not get 60 votes. Democrats decide if he stays or goes.
4th and Inches
Our congress is a mess..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
boognish_bear
drahthaar
Ol' Majorie would do the nation and the Congress the highest good by proving up Wilde's observation that her "absence is good company". Both political parties are complicit in the dissolution of the Republic: the Dems by despicable policy; the GOP by acquiescence.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Realitybites
boognish_bear said:

Instead of continually shooting the messenger in your defense of a Ukrainian regime that has banned its largest Christian denomination, tossed clergy in prison, and cancelled elections in the name of "democracy", perhaps you could point out where she is objectively wrong.
boognish_bear
Frank Galvin
boognish_bear said:

Like she doesn't live for chaos.
Whiskey Pete
Frank Galvin said:

boognish_bear said:

Like she doesn't live for chaos.
MTG is an embarrassment. An attention ***** that can't help but find every available camera within 1,000 feet of her.
Osodecentx
boognish_bear said:

War on Christianity?
boognish_bear
Bestweekeverr
boognish_bear said:

Pretty obvious who that is
Whiskey Pete
boognish_bear said:

With Kevin McCarthy leaving congress early and hurting the already slim majority that the GOP has, shows that he put his ego above that of the party he pretended to represent and "values" of conservatives he pretended to fight for.

Guy should've never been speaker in the first place.

McCarthy is a slime ball. But then again, so is 99% of Washington DC.
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Are people allowed to change their minds when compelling arguments are made?
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Are people allowed to change their minds when compelling arguments are made?

Sure,

But Congress critters only seem to get more swampy on foreign policy/intelligence complex issues….never less

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.