House Republicans Elect Mike Johnson Speaker, Ending Weeks of Uncertainty

19,111 Views | 504 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by whiterock
Mitch Blood Green
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

boognish_bear said:

This is a good outcome. Can't let 8-10 people derail the country.

Tells me Mr Johnson cut a deal with the Dems. Far Right has just lost its juice...

American people just lost its juice.

Please let your children and grandchildren know you supported all this so they know where to direct their hate in the near future.

I do support this. I support loyalty to our values and our friends.

I'd prefer Ukraine and Russia and Israel and the Palestinians were at peace and glazed donuts were healthy. But sometimes it's not that way.
Redbrickbear
boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

Though of course they frame it as "bipartisan" instead of Uniparty consensus

But the point is the same.

The neo-con Republicans joined with the liberal interventionist Democrats to beat the America first Conservatives who did not want to fund this war.

DC gets paid....the America tax payers lose...business as usual.
Mitch Blood Green
Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

The neo-con Republicans joined with the liberal interventionist Democrats to beat the America first Conservatives who did not want to fund this war.

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is they overplayed their hand.
The_barBEARian
Mitch Blood Green said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

boognish_bear said:

Tells me Mr Johnson cut a deal with the Dems. Far Right has just lost its juice...

American people just lost its juice.

Please let your children and grandchildren know you supported all this so they know where to direct their hate in the near future.

I do support this. I support loyalty to our values and our friends.

I'd prefer Ukraine and Russia and Israel and the Palestinians were at peace and glazed donuts were healthy. But sometimes it's not that way.

I dont support this and I paid six figures in federal tax last week!

We did the taxation part, when does the representation part kick in?

Or does the mob of invalids and vagrants who live off of our charity have more say over our government than the folks paying the bills?
Redbrickbear
Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is they overplayed their hand.

They did not have much a hand to play.

They did not want to fund a proxy war...and their voters demanded they not do it.

But they are not a majority in the House.

Neo-con Republicans and Democrats have them outnumbered.

Thus another boondoggle bill was passed.

J.R.
The_barBEARian said:

J.R. said:

J.R. said:

The_barBEARian said:

J.R. said:

I applaud the speaker for doing the right thing and risking his gig. About time the R's have someone with balls and principles. Screw the hard right crazies, like some on this board!

Hard right crazies = People with IQs above room temperature.

This is precisely why we need a national divorce.

Guys like you are dragging down the rest of us into the 3rd world, totalitarian abyss when we are just trying to preserve the quality of life and freedoms we got to experience for our children and grandchildren.

Quality of life is what u make of it. Quit withe woe is me crap. Nut up

Quality of life is what you make of it, quit the woe is me and Do something

I hope you hold that same level of disdain for people who whine about historical events that happened 80 years ago, 150 years ago, or 250 years ago.

I think whining about the future is more productive than whining about the past.
I am speaking specific to you and your "woe is me" attitude . I hold NO disdain for anyone, btw. You sound like a lefty Dem.
KaiBear
Waco1947 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Spending more on foreigners and deflating your savings will make you a slave.

Maybe you are content being a slave.

Some of us are not.

And Putin is not a bully. He is tough because he has to be. He trying to run a civilized, Christian country surrounded by violent, uncompromising Islamofacists requires brutality.

Weak men have allowed evil men to take over America and Europe and it's hard times ahead for the future generations.

The Native Americans called and said they built this country way before you arrived

Native Americans were stuck in a Stone Age culture for almost a millennium.

Most lived a brutal existence that tended to be very short.

4th and Inches
FLBear5630 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

boognish_bear said:

he got the dems to agree to investigate pizza palor basements starting in 2025.. seems like a win right?
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Redbrickbear
KaiBear said:

Waco1947 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Spending more on foreigners and deflating your savings will make you a slave.

Maybe you are content being a slave.

Some of us are not.

And Putin is not a bully. He is tough because he has to be. He trying to run a civilized, Christian country surrounded by violent, uncompromising Islamofacists requires brutality.

Weak men have allowed evil men to take over America and Europe and it's hard times ahead for the future generations.

The Native Americans called and said they built this country way before you arrived

Native Americans were stuck in a Stone Age culture for almost a millennium.

Most lived a brutal existence that tended to be very short.

Stuck in the stone age forever.

The Incas and the Aztecs did develop some serious civilizations but never even got into the bronze age.

[there were no Bronze Age civilizations in North America or Australia. The Bronze Age is generally defined as the period between the Neolithic Age and the Iron Age, which in Europe and the Middle East occurred between approximately 3000 BCE and 1000 BCE]
FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

They did not want to fund a proxy war...and their voters demanded they not do it.

It is a numbers game. You guys keep calling anyone that understands how the game is played a Neo-Con. You are not looking for someone that can live Conservative agenda forward. The numbers dnt work, you take what you can get and you give on what you know you will lose. You want someone that will die on their sword. That is not productive for anyone.

Johnson, Ryan, Boeshnor, McCarthy were all Conservatives until they got in that position. Then they magically shed their skin and revealed a Dem in GOP clothes? It is the position and how you get things done. Not the person.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

Johnson, Ryan, Boeshnor, McCarthy were all Conservatives until they got in that position. Then they magically shed their skin and revealed a Dem in GOP clothes? It is the position and how you get things done. Not the person.

I never said those guys are Democrats

I don't know who has

There are multiple factions inside the GOP

Those guys are just not on the populist Right.

And they are far more connected to the Defense industry…and believe in a far more aggressive foreign policy
The real question is why does the modern Democratic Party not have real ideological factions? Why is it so ideological uniform? Seems cultish no?
FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

Appears this is the price to get Border reform going. Aiding Ukraine.

I have no issues with Taiwan, Israel we will continue aiding no matter who is in office.
FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

I don't know who has

And they are far more connected to the Defense industry…and believe in a far more aggressive foreign policy
The real question is why does the modern Democratic Party not have real ideological factions? Why is it so ideological uniform? Seems cultish no?
I don't know what you want them to do, the numbers reflect the Strategy. GOP wins a Super Majority in both Houses and the Presidency this is not an issue. The system from the beginning is set up to force compromise. What it will not tolerate is doing nothing and forever holdouts.

Johnson gave them Ukraine, now he needs to get the 5th Bill on the Border through. Let's see if he can do that.
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

I don't know who has

I don't know what you want them to do, the numbers reflect the Strategy. GOP wins a Super Majority in both Houses and the Presidency this is not an issue. The system from the beginning is set up to force compromise.

If the system was actually set up for compromise it would have a real multi-party system and the Senate would be elected by State legislatures

But I get your point.

The issue for me is that Johnson only got the Speakers position because of the America 1st Conservatives.

Instead of doing security first he joins the neo-con Republicans and the Democrats to push through a massive proxy war bill

A betrayal to say the least
Osodecentx
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

I don't know who has

I don't know what you want them to do, the numbers reflect the Strategy. GOP wins a Super Majority in both Houses and the Presidency this is not an issue. The system from the beginning is set up to force compromise. What it will not tolerate is doing nothing and forever holdouts.

Johnson gave them Ukraine, now he needs to get the 5th Bill on the Border through. Let's see if he can do that.

Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

I don't know who has

I don't know what you want them to do, the numbers reflect the Strategy. GOP wins a Super Majority in both Houses and the Presidency this is not an issue. The system from the beginning is set up to force compromise.

If the system was actually set up for compromise it would have a real multi-party system and the Senate would be elected by State legislatures

But I get your point.

The issue for me is that Johnson only got the Speakers position because of the America 1st Conservatives.

Instead of doing security first he joins the neo-con Republicans and the Democrats to push through a massive proxy war bill

Majority of Republicans voted for the bill.
What betrayal?
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

I don't know who has

Majority of Republicans voted for the bill

Again, there are multiple factions in the GOP.

(Its got more political diversity than the Democrats actually)

And many are not America 1st conservatives
The_barBEARian
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

I don't know who has

But I get your point.

What betrayal?

Actually Tucker just released a great video about this and how these uniparty Republicans keep getting elected and voting against the wishes of their base. Only 25% of Republicans actually turn out for Republican primaries. Republicans arent as tuned in to their local politics as most Democrats because they are busy working and producing the tax dollars we waste on the interests of foreign lobby groups.

boognish_bear
The_barBEARian
boognish_bear said:

It's better wait for someone to actually commit the crime before you charge them, but in this case I wish they had ousted the dude before he had the chance to add another $100 billion to the debt that serves no direct benefit to American tax payers.
Osodecentx
The_barBEARian said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

I don't know who has

But I get your point.

What betrayal?

Actually Tucker just released a great video about this and how these uniparty Republicans keep getting elected and voting against the wishes of their base. Only 25% of Republicans actually turn out for Republican primaries. Republicans arent as tuned in to their local politics as most Democrats because they are busy working and producing the tax dollars we waste on the interests of foreign lobby groups.

The majority of House Republicans voted for the bill
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

I don't know who has

But I get your point.

What betrayal?

How many times are you going to repeat that like a mental damaged parrot?

Are all Republicans the same ideologically? Do they all hold the same views on foreign policy?

Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

I don't know who has

But I get your point.

What betrayal?

Are all Republicans the same ideologically? Do they all hold the same views on foreign policy?

When are you going to understand you are in the minority. The votes were counted; you lost

Go win some elections. BTW by the end of next week you guys will have a 1 vote majority in one half of one of the 3 branches of government
Harrison Bergeron
I miss the days when we did not elect morons.

Social media will destroy the world.

I has destroyed our government.
FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

I don't know who has

But I get your point.

Only if he doesn't get the Border bill...

He gave, now it is Dems turn to give. Let's see what happens.
FLBear5630
Harrison Bergeron said:

I miss the days when we did not elect morons.

Social media will destroy the world.

I has destroyed our government.

Can't argue with you there.
boognish_bear
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

I don't know who has

But I get your point.

I don't think Trump is going to want any border deal happening before November. I'm not sure if they can work around that.
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

I don't know who has

But I get your point.

What betrayal?

When are you going to understand you are in the minority. The votes were counted; you lost

Did I say any differently?

The depth of your political analysis is breathtaking
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

I don't know who has

But I get your point.

What betrayal?

Did I say any differently?

The depth of your political analysis is breathtaking

You repeat the same arguments. You are in the minority but want to dictate policy

You lost. Maybe you win next year.
FLBear5630
boognish_bear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely,

I don't know who has

But I get your point.

I don't think Trump is going to want any border deal happening before November. I'm not sure if they can work around that.

Then they need to cut Johnson some slack.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
The_barBEARian
boognish_bear said:

Autocratic, Theocratic apologist?

Israel is a Autocratic Theocracy poorly disguised as a Democratic Republic.

In Israel a muslim man can not marry a jewish woman.

It is against the law.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.