House Republicans Elect Mike Johnson Speaker, Ending Weeks of Uncertainty

19,126 Views | 504 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by whiterock
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Are people allowed to change their minds when compelling arguments are made?

Sure,

But Congress critters only seem to get more swampy on foreign policy/intelligence complex issues….never less

Let's get rid of Leftist Johnson
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Sure,

But Congress critters only seem to get more swampy on foreign policy/intelligence complex issues….never less

Do only leftists like the security state?

That's a bipartisan issue
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Sure,

Time for him to go
MTG says so
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Sure,

Time for him to go
MTG says so

Maybe not go…but people can be disappointed

Even MTG who you seem to hate

Redbrickbear
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

Next he'll be mean to terrorists
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

plumb goofy for a Republican leader to agree to expand FISA court in an election year, given what we know about FISA court abuse directed at Republican politicians over the last 8 years.

And I am a supporter of a FISA court process, mind you....
william
meet the new speaker .....

- el kkm

... la misma que orladora pasado.

{ tomando cafe }

desarrollando!
POE.
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

plumb goofy for a Republican leader to agree to expand FISA court in an election year, given what we know about FISA court abuse directed at Republican politicians over the last 8 years.

"As I look back over my career in law enforcement, I would be hard-pressed to think of a time where so many threats to our public safety and national security were so elevated all at once," Mr. Wray told lawmakers. "But that is the case as I sit here today."
william
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

"As I look back over my career in law enforcement, I would be hard-pressed to think of a time where so many threats to our public safety and national security were so elevated all at once," Mr. Wray told lawmakers. "But that is the case as I sit here today."
hegelian, no????

- kkm

POE.
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

I do not at all disagree with what he said.

Rather, I'm pointing to a larger and far more important point: The most direct threat to MY life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness (and yours.....) is deep-state abuse office directed at Republicans and political conservatives. Fix that, and I'm good with FISA.

Like I said, we NEED a FISA court process. I more than most understand what it does. I also more than most understand how it can be abused, and has been abused. We've got dozens of people walking free today drawing a pension who should be in prison for abuse of FISA court processes. No way I'm going to let that happen again. I'm going to require reform and accountability FIRST.
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

So you oppose the bill as passed by the House?
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

Rather, I'm pointing to a larger and far more important point: The most direct threat to MY life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness (and yours.....) is deep-state abuse office directed at Republicans and political conservatives. Fix that, and I'm good with FISA.

Like I said, we NEED a FISA court process. I more than most understand what it does. I also more than most understand how it can be abused, and has been abused. We've got dozens of people walking free today drawing a pension who should be in prison for abuse of FISA court processes. No way I'm going to let that happen again. I'm going to require reform and accountability FIRST.

Do you support the bill as passed?
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

Do you support the bill as passed by the House?
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

Does it protect American citizens from being spied on by their government?
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

I don't understand why you you refuse to answer the question
I'm asking your opinion
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

I'm asking your opinion

And I'm asking you a simple question about specifics of the House bill

Did it protect Americans from warrantless surveillance or not.

That fact will determine my support or opposition to the House bill

Why won't you answer that?
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

I'm asking your opinion

Yes

Now it's your turn. Do you support the bill as passed by the House
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

I'm asking your opinion

Yes

Well that's an interesting take

But I suspect you never cared about defending the American people from security state excess in the first place.

I don't support any House bill that does not have robust provisions for protecting American people from warrantless surveillance
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

I'm asking your opinion

Yes

But I suspect you never cared about defending the American people from security state excess in the first place.

I don't support any House bill that does not have robust provisions for protecting American people from warrantless surveillance

I understand your position but respectfully disagree

I'm supporting a bill that protects Americans from terrorists who hate us & want to kill us.
IMO, the bill has been watered down. It's better than nothing
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

I'm asking your opinion

Yes

I'm supporting a bill that protects Americans from terrorists who hate us & want to kill us.

We have heard that excuse for 20 years.

It's long past time to roll back some of these war on terror measures.

We saw a lot of government overreach post 9/11
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

I'm asking your opinion

Yes

I disagree
There are a lot of people who hate us & want to do us harm. I'd rather miss on the caution side
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

I'm asking your opinion

Yes

I disagree
There are a lot of people who hate us & want to do us harm. I'd rather miss on the caution side

I would rather have Constitutional protections than live in fear…and trust unelected government bureaucrats

Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

I'm asking your opinion

Yes

I disagree

I would rather have Constitutional protections than live in fear…and trust unelected government bureaucrats

There is a Constitutional right to life. I don't live in fear because of Sec 702
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

I'm asking your opinion

Yes

I disagree

There is a Constitutional right to life. I don't live in fear because of Sec 702

There are just parts of the Constitution you want to do anyway with or ignore.

And you do live in fear…fear of "terrorists"

When of course there will also be terrorist types but we should never let them warp or infringe our Constitutional liberties

Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

I'm asking your opinion

Yes

I disagree

When of course there will also be terrorist types but we should never let them warp or infringe our Constitutional liberties

You're living in fear
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

I'm asking your opinion

Yes

I disagree

You're living in fear

More like concerned with protecting our civil liberties.

You're afraid of terrorists under the bed and willing to give up freedom for the promise of security
Whiskey Pete
Quote:

Quote:

You're living in fear

You're afraid of terrorists under the bed and willing to give up freedom for the promise of security
Sometimes I wonder if he's willing to give up freedoms for convenience.
Osodecentx
Whiskey Pete said:

Quote:

Quote:

You're living in fear

Sometimes I wonder if he's willing to give up freedoms for convenience.

What freedoms am I giving up?

Non-Americans outside the United States do not have Fourth Amendment protection; Americans who contact non-Americans outside the United States where American law does not control, and where foreign officials could be monitoring communications have no reasonable expectation of privacy.
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Time for Johnson to go?

I haven't read it.

I want people fired, first.
boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.