House Republicans Elect Mike Johnson Speaker, Ending Weeks of Uncertainty

19,113 Views | 504 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by whiterock
The_barBEARian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mitch Blood Green said:

boognish_bear said:

Standing up to the bullies will make him an effective Speaker.

Spending more on foreigners and deflating your savings will make you a slave.

Maybe you are content being a slave.

Some of us are not.

And Putin is not a bully. He is tough because he has to be. He trying to run a civilized, Christian country surrounded by violent, uncompromising Islamofacists requires brutality.

Weak men have allowed evil men to take over America and Europe and it's hard times ahead for the future generations.
Redbrickbear
Mitch Blood Green said:

boognish_bear said:

Who are the bullies? The national security state, MIC lobbyists, and Big Corporate Media interests that want us to spend billions of taxpayer dollars we don't have on a proxy war in eastern Europe?

Or the Peoples Representatives who are voicing their concern with how foolish this all is?
BearFan33
Sadly, Johnson is following the typical RINO pattern in DC. Talk a good game but when the chips are down capitulate to the Democrats.

Some people are claiming he has been blackmailed. I have no idea if that is true or he was a closeted RINO who just recently came out of the closet. In any case he is continuing our path towards financial ruin.
Doc Holliday
Bestweekeverr said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Well, I guess Johnson is a Neo-Con, UniParty, Liberal...

This line sounds familiar, McCarthy, Ryan, Boehner and now Johnson. All Neo-Cons? All UniParty Dems?

He's completely flipped on his positions.

He was once heavily against FISA abuses, now he's pro FISA. That means something transpired and made him turn his back on his constituents.
Could it be knowledge that he did not have before?
Considering that FISA abuses were outrageous, unconstitutional and allow the FBI and alphabet groups to meddle in elections and falsely target people and he's still on board with it leads me to believe he was either hoodwinked into a supporting it because they scared him about national security or they threatened him.

Either way FISA abuses will only increase with feds knowing there's no real punishment for lying.

IG Horowitz: 3.4mm backdoor searches in 2021. Error rate of 30%. the exact number of times the FBI abused FISA in 2021: 278,000 times or the equivalent of 8 times per FBI employee.

FISA is a workaround for the FBI when they don't have enough evidence to get a warrant. It's blatantly unconstitutional and has been abused for political purposes. It's not something to scoff at.

Johnson says no reform table in the face of all these abuses…so what the hell is really going on?
FLBear5630
Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

This line sounds familiar, McCarthy, Ryan, Boehner and now Johnson. All Neo-Cons? All UniParty Dems?

He was once heavily against FISA abuses, now he's pro FISA. That means something transpired and made him turn his back on his constituents.
It couldn't possibly that he understands the realities of what he can get done and what he has to give.

There are realities to a political society that the far right and far left fail to realize. You have give, to get.

Unless you think after 2024 you will have a majority in the House, Senate and Presidency that will be able to force a platform through no matter what the Dems think. If that is the position, you stalemate the system and wait...

Right now, the Wall St Journal is predicting

Biden
GOP Senate 57-50
GOP House 243-233

More deadlock
Doc Holliday
FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

It couldn't possibly that he understands the realities of what he can get done and what he has to give.

There are realities to a political society that the far right and far left fail to realize. You have give, to get.

Unless you think after 2024 you will have a majority in the House, Senate and Presidency that will be able to force a platform through no matter what the Dems think. If that is the position, you stalemate the system and wait...

Biden
GOP Senate 57-50
GOP House 243-233

More deadlock
I think Trump can win, but I don't think he will be POTUS. They will go to any measure necessary to prevent him from taking office. GOP will also purposefully push anti abortion so they don't win.

I believe the future is a super majority for democrats. We're absolutely going off the deep end. We're going to get what we deserve: it's going to get VERY expensive to live here and society will increasingly have to walk on woke eggshells. I hope you're ready for it.
FLBear5630
Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Biden
GOP Senate 57-50
GOP House 243-233

More deadlock
I think Trump can win, but I don't think he will be POTUS. They will go to any measure necessary to prevent him from taking office. GOP will also purposefully push anti abortion so they don't win.

I believe the future is a super majority for democrats. We're absolutely going off the deep end. We're going to get what we deserve: it's going to get VERY expensive to live here and society will increasingly have to walk on woke eggshells. I hope you're ready for it.
I am not as pessimistic, if Trump loses he will lose on his merits. Not because some "black ops" steal.

Just like Biden, if he loses it is on his merits. No need to go over the top on either, there are enough negatives for both to make this a crap shoot. The one thing I am confident of is that the National election will not be fixed or stolen. Neither side is competent enough to pull that off.
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Biden
GOP Senate 57-50
GOP House 243-233

More deadlock

I am not as pessimistic, if Trump loses he will lose on his merits. Not because some "black ops" steal.

Just like Biden, if he loses it is on his merits.
Really?

[There was a conspiracy unfolding behind the scenes, one that both curtailed the protests and coordinated the resistance from CEOs. Both surprises were the result of an informal alliance between left-wing activists and business titans. The pact was formalized in a terse, little-noticed joint statement of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and AFL-CIO published on Election Day. Both sides would come to see it as a sort of implicit bargaininspired by the summer's massive, sometimes destructive racial-justice protestsin which the forces of labor came together with the forces of capital to keep the peace and oppose Trump's assault on democracy.

The handshake between business and labor was just one component of a vast, cross-partisan campaign to protect the electionan extraordinary shadow effort dedicated not to winning the vote but to ensuring it would be free and fair, credible and uncorrupted. For more than a year, a loosely organized coalition of operatives scrambled to shore up America's institutions as they came under simultaneous attack from a remorseless pandemic and an autocratically inclined President. Though much of this activity took place on the left, it was separate from the Biden campaign and crossed ideological lines, with crucial contributions by nonpartisan and conservative actors. The scenario the shadow campaigners were desperate to stop was not a Trump victory. It was an election so calamitous that no result could be discerned at all, a failure of the central act of democratic self-governance that has been a hallmark of America since its founding.

Their work touched every aspect of the election. They got states to change voting systems and laws and helped secure hundreds of millions in public and private funding. They fended off voter-suppression lawsuits, recruited armies of poll workers and got millions of people to vote by mail for the first time. They successfully pressured social media companies to take a harder line against disinformation and used data-driven strategies to fight viral smears. They executed national public-awareness campaigns that helped Americans understand how the vote count would unfold over days or weeks, preventing Trump's conspiracy theories and false claims of victory from getting more traction. After Election Day, they monitored every pressure point to ensure that Trump could not overturn the result. "The untold story of the election is the thousands of people of both parties who accomplished the triumph of American democracy at its very foundation," says Norm Eisen, a prominent lawyer and former Obama Administration official who recruited Republicans and Democrats to the board of the Voter Protection Program.]

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/
Mitch Blood Green
The_barBEARian said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

boognish_bear said:

Some of us are not.

And Putin is not a bully. He is tough because he has to be. He trying to run a civilized, Christian country surrounded by violent, uncompromising Islamofacists requires brutality.

Weak men have allowed evil men to take over America and Europe and it's hard times ahead for the future generations.

Are you gonna move your family to Russia to be free?
Redbrickbear
Mitch Blood Green said:

The_barBEARian said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

boognish_bear said:

Some of us are not.

Interesting enough some White South African farmers moved there because it is more safe and free than the ANC leftist ruled South Africa.

https://www.riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/modern-day-censorship/russias-african-village-a-beacon-of-hope-for-south-african-boers-amid-growing-tensions/

[A rural community situated between Moscow and St. Petersburg is on track to become the home of a pioneering "African village," an initiative spearheaded by the African International Congress in Russia.
The venture forms part of a five-year pilot program aiming to resettle thousands of South African migrants in Russia....
With African diplomats and local officials from the Tver Region in attendance, the project's symbolic cornerstone near the hamlet of Porechye was unveiled last week.
The ongoing pilot project in Moscow and Tver regions aims to settle around 3,000 Boer families, with hopes to extend to other parts of Russia if successful.
However, the backdrop to this initiative is somber.
For years, white farmers in South Africa have endured discrimination, dispossession, and a troubling series of violent assaults and murders.]
Mitch Blood Green
Redbrickbear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

The_barBEARian said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

boognish_bear said:

Some of us are not.

Interesting enough some White South African farmers moved there because it is more safe and free than the ANC leftist ruled South Africa.

https://www.riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/modern-day-censorship/russias-african-village-a-beacon-of-hope-for-south-african-boers-amid-growing-tensions/

[A rural community situated between Moscow and St. Petersburg is on track to become the home of a pioneering "African village," an initiative spearheaded by the African International Congress in Russia.
The venture forms part of a five-year pilot program aiming to resettle thousands of South African migrants in Russia....
With African diplomats and local officials from the Tver Region in attendance, the project's symbolic cornerstone near the hamlet of Porechye was unveiled last week.
The ongoing pilot project in Moscow and Tver regions aims to settle around 3,000 Boer families, with hopes to extend to other parts of Russia if successful.
However, the backdrop to this initiative is somber.
For years, white farmers in South Africa have endured discrimination, dispossession, and a troubling series of violent assaults and murders.]

https://newrepublic.com/post/172710/russia-build-safe-space-conservative-americans-move
Doc Holliday
FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Biden
GOP Senate 57-50
GOP House 243-233

More deadlock

Just like Biden, if he loses it is on his merits. No need to go over the top on either, there are enough negatives for both to make this a crap shoot. The one thing I am confident of is that the National election will not be fixed or stolen. Neither side is competent enough to pull that off.
I think he wins, but a Jeffries House won't certify the Election citing Section 3 of the 14th Amendment.
KaiBear
Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Biden
GOP Senate 57-50
GOP House 243-233

More deadlock

I think he wins, but a Jeffries House won't certify the Election citing Section 3 of the 14th Amendment.

Not a chance.

Jeffries is too smart to pull such a reckless stunt.
The_barBEARian
Mitch Blood Green said:

The_barBEARian said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

boognish_bear said:

Some of us are not.

My family has been here since the colonies.

We created this country.

We've never been rich or in the political class.

We fought in this country's wars, built the infrastructure, fed its growing population and we never asked for a thing except liberty and dignity...

But even liberty and dignity is too much to ask for these days.

These roaches who took our country away from us took advantage of our good nature and naivety to stab us in the back.

Now the very people who founded the country and enemy no. 1 for our federal police and intelligence agencies. Not the cartels seizing our southern border, not the criminals here came here illegally to colonize our cities, not the crony capitalist international corporations who wipe their ass with our bill of rights, and not the corrupt politicians who have stolen our tax dollars to line their own pockets.

For you to be suggesting that America is anymore free than Russia in 2024 is comical!
Doc Holliday
KaiBear said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Biden
GOP Senate 57-50
GOP House 243-233

More deadlock

Not a chance.

Media would love it and do their best to convince everyone that its "democracy at work".

Anyone who thinks its tyrannical would be labeled extremists and persecuted like J6'ers if they actually did anything in retaliation.

Its not reckless at all for democrats to pull that off. We're not dealing with an equal playing field here and there are trillions of dollars at stake if Trump wins that lots of entities would miss out on: their financial masters would demand it.
The_barBEARian
Doc Holliday said:

KaiBear said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Biden
GOP Senate 57-50
GOP House 243-233

More deadlock

Not a chance.

Media would love it and do their best to convince everyone that its "democracy at work".

Anyone who thinks its tyrannical would be labeled extremists and persecuted like J6'ers if they actually did anything in retaliation.

Its not reckless at all for democrats to pull that off. We're not dealing with an equal playing field here and there are trillions of dollars at stake if Trump wins that lots of entities would miss out on: their financial masters would demand it.

Trump could blindside them by saying he would cut off foreign aid the Israel.

If he did that, he could turn their own hellhounds against them.
Osodecentx
The_barBEARian said:

Doc Holliday said:

KaiBear said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Biden
GOP Senate 57-50
GOP House 243-233

More deadlock

Not a chance.

No way Trump can win. I've already seen the final state by state results
Redbrickbear
KaiBear
Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

Doc Holliday said:

KaiBear said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Biden
GOP Senate 57-50
GOP House 243-233

More deadlock

Not a chance.

Trump is not going to win.

He never has had the slightest chance .

Dems have been playing utterly ruthless power politics while the Republicans have been gutlessly puttering around.

As a result we will have an additional 5-15 million illegals within the next 4 years and our cities will have to reduce essential services to find the funds to provide for them.

Supreme Court will alter its judicial makeup into a more 'progressive' one. Resulting in property rights being 'reformed ' the 2nd amendment to be curtailed, freedom of speech to be 'elevated' and freedom of Religion to be assaulted.

Watch for a significant percentage of upper class Americans to bail out.

Anyone with eye to world history will realize it's the smart move .

Doc Holliday
ITS ALWAYS ABOUT MONEY. ALWAYS

Osodecentx
KaiBear said:

Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

Doc Holliday said:

KaiBear said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Biden
GOP Senate 57-50
GOP House 243-233

More deadlock

Not a chance.

Dems have been playing utterly ruthless power politics while the Republicans have been gutlessly puttering around.

As a result we will have an additional 5-15 million illegals within the next 4 years and our cities will have to reduce essential services to find the funds to provide for them.

Supreme Court will alter its judicial makeup into a more 'progressive' one. Resulting in property rights being 'reformed ' the 2nd amendment to be curtailed, freedom of speech to be 'elevated' and freedom of Religion to be assaulted.

Soros & Illuminati
Doc Holliday
KaiBear said:

Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

Doc Holliday said:

KaiBear said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Biden
GOP Senate 57-50
GOP House 243-233

More deadlock

Not a chance.

I know how the election is going to go down. Power outages.

Imagine there are "power outages" on Election Day which hammers Republican voters three times worse as they vote in person. What can the courts do? Nothing.

Quote:

Director Wray:

"Chinese government-linked hackers have burrowed into U.S. critical infrastructure and are waiting for just the right moment to deal a devastating blow.

An ongoing Chinese hacking campaign, known as Volt Typhoon, has successfully accessed numerous American companies in telecommunications, energy, and water, with 23 pipeline operators being targeted.

They are developing the ability to physically wreak havoc on our critical infrastructure at a time of its choosing.

Its plan is to land low blows against civilian infrastructure to try to induce panic and harm to American citizens and communities."

Source: Reuters
Redbrickbear
Doc Holliday said:

KaiBear said:

Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

Doc Holliday said:

KaiBear said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Biden
GOP Senate 57-50
GOP House 243-233

More deadlock

Not a chance.

I know how the election is going to go down. Power outages.

Imagine there are "power outages" on Election Day which hammers Republican voters three times worse as they vote in person. What can the courts do? Nothing.

Quote:

Director Wray:

"Chinese government-linked hackers have burrowed into U.S. critical infrastructure and are waiting for just the right moment to deal a devastating blow.

An ongoing Chinese hacking campaign, known as Volt Typhoon, has successfully accessed numerous American companies in telecommunications, energy, and water, with 23 pipeline operators being targeted.

They are developing the ability to physically wreak havoc on our critical infrastructure at a time of its choosing.

Its plan is to land low blows against civilian infrastructure to try to induce panic and harm to American citizens and communities."

Source: Reuters

Certainly possible but not needed.

The Democrats just juice the vote in party controlled cities like Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Milwaukee.

These in turn swing wholes States like Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin and their electoral votes.

Last election all those States went by 20,000 to 70,000 vote margins….super slim counts that change the outcome of a national election.
Mitch Blood Green
The_barBEARian said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

The_barBEARian said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

boognish_bear said:

Some of us are not.

My family has been here since the colonies.

We created this country.

We've never been rich or in the political class.

We fought in this country's wars, built the infrastructure, fed its growing population and we never asked for a thing except liberty and dignity...

But even liberty and dignity is too much to ask for these days.

These roaches who took our country away from us took advantage of our good nature and naivety to stab us in the back.

Now the very people who founded the country and enemy no. 1 for our federal police and intelligence agencies. Not the cartels seizing our southern border, not the criminals here came here illegally to colonize our cities, not the crony capitalist international corporations who wipe their ass with our bill of rights, and not the corrupt politicians who have stolen our tax dollars to line their own pockets.

For you to be suggesting that America is anymore free than Russia in 2024 is comical!

You still might wanna go to Russia. People need a change.
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Biden
GOP Senate 57-50
GOP House 243-233

More deadlock

Really?

[There was a conspiracy unfolding behind the scenes, one that both curtailed the protests and coordinated the resistance from CEOs. Both surprises were the result of an informal alliance between left-wing activists and business titans. The pact was formalized in a terse, little-noticed joint statement of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and AFL-CIO published on Election Day. Both sides would come to see it as a sort of implicit bargaininspired by the summer's massive, sometimes destructive racial-justice protestsin which the forces of labor came together with the forces of capital to keep the peace and oppose Trump's assault on democracy.

The handshake between business and labor was just one component of a vast, cross-partisan campaign to protect the electionan extraordinary shadow effort dedicated not to winning the vote but to ensuring it would be free and fair, credible and uncorrupted. For more than a year, a loosely organized coalition of operatives scrambled to shore up America's institutions as they came under simultaneous attack from a remorseless pandemic and an autocratically inclined President. Though much of this activity took place on the left, it was separate from the Biden campaign and crossed ideological lines, with crucial contributions by nonpartisan and conservative actors. The scenario the shadow campaigners were desperate to stop was not a Trump victory. It was an election so calamitous that no result could be discerned at all, a failure of the central act of democratic self-governance that has been a hallmark of America since its founding.

Their work touched every aspect of the election. They got states to change voting systems and laws and helped secure hundreds of millions in public and private funding. They fended off voter-suppression lawsuits, recruited armies of poll workers and got millions of people to vote by mail for the first time. They successfully pressured social media companies to take a harder line against disinformation and used data-driven strategies to fight viral smears. They executed national public-awareness campaigns that helped Americans understand how the vote count would unfold over days or weeks, preventing Trump's conspiracy theories and false claims of victory from getting more traction. After Election Day, they monitored every pressure point to ensure that Trump could not overturn the result. "The untold story of the election is the thousands of people of both parties who accomplished the triumph of American democracy at its very foundation," says Norm Eisen, a prominent lawyer and former Obama Administration official who recruited Republicans and Democrats to the board of the Voter Protection Program.]

Nothing has stuck in that direction. Why keep rehashing it? An article here or there doesn't do a thing. But if it makes you feel better.
boognish_bear
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Biden
GOP Senate 57-50
GOP House 243-233

More deadlock

Really?

Nothing has stuck in that direction. Why keep rehashing it? An article here or there doesn't do a thing. But if it makes you feel better.

Nothing? They are admitting that invested interests in our ruling class from liberal NGOs, to large Media organizations, to large corporations worked to undermine Trump and cost him the election.

They even admit laws were changed to allow easier mail voting.

Yet this is all nothing to you…its just not a big deal…
boognish_bear
The_barBEARian
boognish_bear said:

My take on Tik Tok is either ban it completely so no one can use it, or leave it alone.

They want to divest Tik Tok from the Chinese so they can do the exact thing they are accusing the Chinese of doing. They will restrict free speech and use it to propagandize the youth.

X will be next. They can't abide any major tech platform where they are unable to control the messaging.

The issue that prompted all this in the first place was once again claims that Tik Tok was spreading anti-semitism.
The_barBEARian
boognish_bear said:

The nice thing about eye patch McCain is Texas is a mutual combat state and he would be stupid enough accept the challenge.
Redbrickbear
The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

My take on Tik Tok is either ban it completely so no one can use it, or leave it alone.

They want to divest Tik Tok from the Chinese so they can do the exact thing they are accusing the Chinese of doing..

Another problem with the way our crooked government works in DC is that they cram all kinds of things into these bills.

Want a raise for the troops? Well you have to change base names and destroy memorials in Arlington cemetery

Want money for a proxy war in Ukraine? You also have to ban a possible Chinese app

Each issue should stand on its own and get a up or down vote.

The omnibus spending bills are another abomination
Redbrickbear

Realitybites
Johnson, McCarthy, Ryan, Boehner, Hastert...

The names of the players may change, but the lousy GOP game plan remains.

Gingrich was the only GOP speaker in my memory that broke the mold for a time and so much as got a couple of first downs.
Redbrickbear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.