Campus Protests

44,775 Views | 1107 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by nein51
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13363943/Pro-Palestine-group-Columbia-University-protests-funding-linked-Hamas.html

-Report obtained by DailyMail.com reveals campus group with 250 chapters got millions from charities with alleged links to Palestinian terrorist organization

-Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) is one of the main organizers of the protest that brought Columbia University to a standstill

-The 73-page report by the Institute for the Study of Global Antisemitism and Policy points out explicit pro-Hamas statements, chants and signs by protestors
sombear
Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

Of course it is a top priority.

If one group of citizens can be targeted like this with impunity, and
no retribution for blatant antisemitism, then any group of citizens
can be targeted in a similar way.

GOP leadership is weak,

They have been pretty strong on being against anti-semitism

The question is where were they during the anti-White pogroms during BLM?

Mitt Romney was out there marching in the street with the DC BLM

Has any top GOP leader been out marching in the street with the pro-Palestinian protestors? of course not

Rarely do I defend BLM for anything, but there were different kinds of BLM marches and protests. Yea, it's become a punch line, but fact is, a majority were peaceful and reasonable. There were, in fact, multiple marches where police forces joined. There were prayer sessions involving all kinds. If any of those would have been near me, I may well have attended. As for those that were violent/radical, there were plenty of conservative politicians and influencers calling it out and saying more should be done.
Based on the fact that the BLM marches were predicated on the lie that police are hunting down innocent black people NONE of the BLM marches were "reasonable."

Some were but others were about Floyd and other specific cases.
Wangchung
sombear said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Has any top GOP leader been out marching in the street with the pro-Palestinian protestors? of course not

Rarely do I defend BLM for anything, but there were different kinds of BLM marches and protests. Yea, it's become a punch line, but fact is, a majority were peaceful and reasonable. There were, in fact, multiple marches where police forces joined. There were prayer sessions involving all kinds. If any of those would have been near me, I may well have attended. As for those that were violent/radical, there were plenty of conservative politicians and influencers calling it out and saying more should be done.
Based on the fact that the BLM marches were predicated on the lie that police are hunting down innocent black people NONE of the BLM marches were "reasonable."

Like I said, none were reasonable.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
The_barBEARian
sombear said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Do you really still believe Derrick Chauvin killed George Floyd?!?

Chauvin was a white police officer sacrificed to appease the violent (mostly black) mob. He did not receive justice. He was the victim. Now the guy is getting stabbed within an inch of his life in prison.

And sadly, unlike the Jan 6 political prisoners, I don't even know if Trump will pardon the guy... maybe at the stroke of midnight at the end of his second term.
BusyTarpDuster2017
sombear said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

What was it about Floyd's case that makes you think any kind of protest, march, or prayer session was called for? I sincerely ask out of curiosity. The exact same thing happened to a white man in Dallas the year prior, and there was absolutely nothing, i mean, complete zilch.
GrowlTowel
The_barBEARian said:

sombear said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Chauvin was a white police officer sacrificed to appease the violent (mostly black) mob. He did not receive justice. He was the victim. Now the guy is getting stabbed within an inch of his life in prison.

And sadly, unlike the Jan 6 political prisoners, I don't even know if Trump will pardon the guy... maybe at the stroke of midnight at the end of his second term.
I believe Chauvin was convicted under state law so Trump cannot pardon him.
Redbrickbear
GrowlTowel said:

The_barBEARian said:

sombear said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

I believe Chauvin was convicted under state law so Trump cannot pardon him.

He got Federal (and State) charges.

A wild case of over charging were every single government agency that could come after him did so...

• Federal sentence: 21 years imprisonment
  • State sentence: 22 years, +12 years imprisonment

He is currently being held/incarcerated at FCI, Tucson and that is a Federal facility.

They even went back and go him for tax stuff

[On July 22, 2020, after he was charged with murder, Chauvin and his wife, Kellie, were separately charged in Washington County, Minnesota, with nine counts of felony tax evasion related to allegedly fraudulent state income tax returns from 2014 to 2019. Prosecutors said the couple had under-reported their joint income...including more than $95,000 from Chauvin's security work. The complaint also alleges failure to pay proper sales tax on a $100,000 BMW purchased in Minnesota in 2018, failure to declare income from Chauvin's wife's business, and improper deductions for a rental home]
Redbrickbear
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

sombear said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

What was it about Floyd's case that makes you think any kind of protest, march, or prayer session was called for? I sincerely ask out of curiosity. The exact same thing happened to a white man in Dallas the year prior, and there was absolutely nothing, i mean, complete zilch.

Texan Daniel Shaver was also killed in Mesa Arizona execution style by a cop (for the crime of being drunk and hanging a pelt gun out of a hotel window)

And there were not mass protests because Shaver was White.

Wangchung
Redbrickbear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

sombear said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Texan Daniel Shaver was also killed in Mesa Arizona execution style by a cop (for the crime of being drunk and hanging a pelt gun out of a hotel window)

And there were not mass protests because Shaver was White.

Can't blame the protestors for not showing up for that, they weren't paid to show up. They were not bussed in en mass by their employer because protesting those wouldn't serve the democrat regime.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
muddybrazos
sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Sorry but you have selective memory. Mulitple cities were burned to the ground and many people lost their lives. I think 5 Dallas cops were murdered after a BLM protest turned into a riot with an active shooter situation. This campus tantrum thing is nothing in comparison to the summer of Floyd and all the dems in congress (including current VP) bailed rioters out of jail.
sombear
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

sombear said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

As I've posted elsewhere multiple times, the evidence does not support that cops murdering blacks is common.. Not even close. Despite millions of law enforcement contacts, really bad cases happen a few times a year. So we agree on that point.

But whites don't have the history with law enforcement that blacks do. A strong majority of blacks truly believe they are mistreated and always have been. So when a bad case or two hit the media, their response is understandable to a certain extent. They respond to the system more than to a particular case. Whites don't feel that way. At least very few do. I've volunteered in inter-cities for most of my professional life and was on the board of a large youth organization in one of the worst parts of one of the worst cities in America. Blacks feel this way, and it's sincere. Some of it is warranted, some, I argue, is not. The leftist media and politicos do not help. They inflame by aggressively pushing a false narrative.
Wangchung
sombear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

sombear said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

As I've posted elsewhere multiple times, the evidence does not support that cops murdering blacks is common.. Not even close. Despite millions of law enforcement contacts, really bad cases happen a few times a year. So we agree on that point.

But whites don't have the history with law enforcement that blacks do. A strong majority of blacks truly believe they are mistreated and always have been. So when a bad case or two hit the media, their response is understandable to a certain extent. They respond to the system more than to a particular case. Whites don't feel that way. At least very few do. I've volunteered in inter-cities for most of my professional life and was on the board of a large youth organization in one of the worst parts of one of the worst cities in America. Blacks feel this way, and it's sincere. Some of it is warranted, some, I argue, is not. The leftist media and politicos do not help. They inflame by aggressively pushing a false narrative.
You're absolutely correct that the blm riots were about feelings rather than facts.
Jack Bauer
at least no one was misgendered..

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jack Bauer said:

at least no one was misgendered..

Animals. They should all be taken to the animal shelter and euthanized.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Forest Bueller_bf
muddybrazos said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Sorry but you have selective memory. Mulitple cities were burned to the ground and many people lost their lives. I think 5 Dallas cops were murdered after a BLM protest turned into a riot with an active shooter situation. This campus tantrum thing is nothing in comparison to the summer of Floyd and all the dems in congress (including current VP) bailed rioters out of jail.
Shoot Jan 6th is absolutely nothing compared to the Summer of 2020.

It is still used for political fodder though.
Wangchung
Forest Bueller_bf said:

muddybrazos said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Shoot Jan 6th is absolutely nothing compared to the Summer of 2020.

It is still used for political fodder though.
I agree with your sentiment but the BLM riots went on for 8 months. Calling it the summer of blm diminishes just how long the media and democrats allowed the violence to continue.
boognish_bear
Porteroso
Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Whether police always do the right thing or not, it is always reasonable to ask them to do the right thing.

The vast majority of BLM protesters were asking that police who kill innocent blacks be held accountable, and that they seek to treat everyone fairly.

It could be argued that in the past decade or 2 police themselves have become much more diverse, better representing the demographics of the U.S., and that for every mistreatment of a black American, there are probably 3 of a white American. However, the centuries before that created a narrative very different, and when such injustice has been perpetrated for so long, it just takes more than 1 or 2 decades of fair policecwork to change the societal narrative.

The peaceful BLM protests were exactly reasonable, and anyone making use of their right to peacefully protest, I applaud, even if I disagree with the cause.
Wangchung
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Whether police always do the right thing or not, it is always reasonable to ask them to do the right thing.

The vast majority of BLM protesters were asking that police who kill innocent blacks be held accountable, and that they seek to treat everyone fairly.

It could be argued that in the past decade or 2 police themselves have become much more diverse, better representing the demographics of the U.S., and that for every mistreatment of a black American, there are probably 3 of a white American. However, the centuries before that created a narrative very different, and when such injustice has been perpetrated for so long, it just takes more than 1 or 2 decades of fair policecwork to change the societal narrative.

The peaceful BLM protests were exactly reasonable, and anyone making use of their right to peacefully protest, I applaud, even if I disagree with the cause.
I'm glad that you also agree that the blm riots were about feelings and narrative rather than facts and reality.
Porteroso
Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

I'm glad that you also agree that the blm riots were about feelings and narrative rather than facts and reality.

Centuries of police brutality is a fact. Yes people care. I do think recent police brutality was vastly overstated by mainstream media, but I am glad that people protested this perception. If you thought it was real, you'd have to be a real monster to not support such protests.
boognish_bear
So I guess "chanting/singing" and "not paying taxes" are what would come the closest to the center of a Republican and Democrat protest Venn diagram

Wangchung
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Centuries of police brutality is a fact. Yes people care. I do think recent police brutality was vastly overstated by mainstream media, but I am glad that people protested this perception. If you thought it was real, you'd have to be a real monster to not support such protests.
So exactly zero of the rioters experienced any of the "centuries of police brutality". It's become a narrative that is not based on facts in modern times. It's feelings. They FEEL like police are bad because their great great grandparents lived in a time when some police got away with brutality. Like I, and now you, have said, it's all about feelings and narrative and not facts.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

In an earlier forum, you called me a racist for thinking that BLM was pushing a false narrative: https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/111918/replies/2849864

Here's your quote: "I love that phrase, false BLM narrative. You might as well just lead with "I'm racist.""

You were rightfully lambasted for that opinion. Anyway, I'm just wondering if you've learned anything since then, and if you still think it's racist for believing it's a false narrative.
KaiBear
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Centuries of police brutality is a fact..

No, it is not remotely a 'fact'.

Jack Bauer
Redbrickbear
boognish_bear
Guess they found some common ground

Frank Galvin
Redbrickbear said:

First Amendment?
Redbrickbear
Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

First Amendment?

That amendment is not important if it upsets the wrong people…

boognish_bear
cowboycwr
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Centuries?????

Police were not even a common thing until very recently (in terms of human history).
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

The fact that the majority of people in these protests are still wearing masks show all one needs to know about their thought process.
cowboycwr
Redbrickbear said:

I don't know the whole context of this but is it because of the technical aspect of that it was the Romans who crucified him?
cowboycwr
boognish_bear said:

Should have burned it
Realitybites
I think that these campus protestors dont know what time it is. The leadership of the Fourth Reich needed them in 2020 for the Kristallnacht of the BLM riots. Having taken power four years ago, it is time for their Night of the Long Knives.

"On June 30, 1934, Hitler, accompanied by SS units, arrived at Bad Wiessee, where he personally placed Röhm and other high-ranking SA leaders under arrest. Over the next 48 hours, 200 other senior SA officers were arrested on the way to Wiessee. Some Germans were shocked by the executions, but many others perceived Hitler to have restored "order" to the country."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.