Campus Protests

44,631 Views | 1107 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by nein51
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer
boognish_bear said:

Look at these protests in the 1960s of black citizens waiving AMERICAN flags. They didn't want the US to become Africa, they wanted to be first class American citizens

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
The_barBEARian
boognish_bear said:

Meanwhile at the border///

I guess I'm somewhat confused why the response to some larping losers protesting on Ivy league campuses was so quick and decisive while the border was dismantled and 40 million illegal invaders were allowed unfettered entry?

Porteroso
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

Of course it is a top priority.

If one group of citizens can be targeted like this with impunity, and
no retribution for blatant antisemitism, then any group of citizens
can be targeted in a similar way.

GOP leadership is weak,

They have been pretty strong on being against anti-semitism

The question is where were they during the anti-White pogroms during BLM?

Mitt Romney was out there marching in the street with the DC BLM

Has any top GOP leader been out marching in the street with the pro-Palestinian protestors? of course not

Rarely do I defend BLM for anything, but there were different kinds of BLM marches and protests. Yea, it's become a punch line, but fact is, a majority were peaceful and reasonable. There were, in fact, multiple marches where police forces joined. There were prayer sessions involving all kinds. If any of those would have been near me, I may well have attended. As for those that were violent/radical, there were plenty of conservative politicians and influencers calling it out and saying more should be done.
Based on the fact that the BLM marches were predicated on the lie that police are hunting down innocent black people NONE of the BLM marches were "reasonable."

Whether police always do the right thing or not, it is always reasonable to ask them to do the right thing.

The vast majority of BLM protesters were asking that police who kill innocent blacks be held accountable, and that they seek to treat everyone fairly.

It could be argued that in the past decade or 2 police themselves have become much more diverse, better representing the demographics of the U.S., and that for every mistreatment of a black American, there are probably 3 of a white American. However, the centuries before that created a narrative very different, and when such injustice has been perpetrated for so long, it just takes more than 1 or 2 decades of fair policecwork to change the societal narrative.

The peaceful BLM protests were exactly reasonable, and anyone making use of their right to peacefully protest, I applaud, even if I disagree with the cause.
I'm glad that you also agree that the blm riots were about feelings and narrative rather than facts and reality.

Centuries of police brutality is a fact. Yes people care. I do think recent police brutality was vastly overstated by mainstream media, but I am glad that people protested this perception. If you thought it was real, you'd have to be a real monster to not support such protests.
In an earlier forum, you called me a racist for thinking that BLM was pushing a false narrative: https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/111918/replies/2849864

Here's your quote: "I love that phrase, false BLM narrative. You might as well just lead with "I'm racist.""

You were rightfully lambasted for that opinion. Anyway, I'm just wondering if you've learned anything since then, and if you still think it's racist for believing it's a false narrative.

Their narrative is that black lives matter. BLM was a movement about more than police brutality. Specific to police brutality, police still brutalize black men, just at the same rate as everyone else. There is little evidence that blacks are treated differently by police. However that is different from trying to paint the whole BLM narrative as false. Just think of what you are saying, when you say "the black lives matter narrative is false." Racist as hell dude.
Wangchung
Porteroso said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Has any top GOP leader been out marching in the street with the pro-Palestinian protestors? of course not

Rarely do I defend BLM for anything, but there were different kinds of BLM marches and protests. Yea, it's become a punch line, but fact is, a majority were peaceful and reasonable. There were, in fact, multiple marches where police forces joined. There were prayer sessions involving all kinds. If any of those would have been near me, I may well have attended. As for those that were violent/radical, there were plenty of conservative politicians and influencers calling it out and saying more should be done.
Based on the fact that the BLM marches were predicated on the lie that police are hunting down innocent black people NONE of the BLM marches were "reasonable."

Whether police always do the right thing or not, it is always reasonable to ask them to do the right thing.

The vast majority of BLM protesters were asking that police who kill innocent blacks be held accountable, and that they seek to treat everyone fairly.

It could be argued that in the past decade or 2 police themselves have become much more diverse, better representing the demographics of the U.S., and that for every mistreatment of a black American, there are probably 3 of a white American. However, the centuries before that created a narrative very different, and when such injustice has been perpetrated for so long, it just takes more than 1 or 2 decades of fair policecwork to change the societal narrative.

The peaceful BLM protests were exactly reasonable, and anyone making use of their right to peacefully protest, I applaud, even if I disagree with the cause.
I'm glad that you also agree that the blm riots were about feelings and narrative rather than facts and reality.

Centuries of police brutality is a fact. Yes people care. I do think recent police brutality was vastly overstated by mainstream media, but I am glad that people protested this perception. If you thought it was real, you'd have to be a real monster to not support such protests.
In an earlier forum, you called me a racist for thinking that BLM was pushing a false narrative: https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/111918/replies/2849864

Here's your quote: "I love that phrase, false BLM narrative. You might as well just lead with "I'm racist.""

You were rightfully lambasted for that opinion. Anyway, I'm just wondering if you've learned anything since then, and if you still think it's racist for believing it's a false narrative.

Their narrative is that black lives matter. BLM was a movement about more than police brutality. Specific to police brutality, police still brutalize black men, just at the same rate as everyone else. There is little evidence that blacks are treated differently by police. However that is different from trying to paint the whole BLM narrative as false. Just think of what you are saying, when you say "the black lives matter narrative is false." Racist as hell dude.
And there it is. If you don't support the violent grift BLM then you are racist. Pitiful.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Porteroso said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

**** BLM and the subway cars they rode in on. Them and their followers are slimy, smelly, fecal matter. If you support them, you are too. Take a shower, dude.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
The_barBEARian
Harrison Bergeron
Porteroso said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Incorrect as usual.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
BusyTarpDuster2017
Porteroso said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

No, the narrative was not simply that black lives mattered. Maybe if you had the ability to think past the mere slogan you'd understand the whole narrative being pushed a lot better.

Saying "the Black Lives Matter narrative is false" is, quite simply, saying that this narrative BLM pushes is not true. How someone can derive racism from that is a real mystery to sane, rational, and intelligent people. So, in your mind, if one disagrees with BLM, it can't just be that they're wrong, it invariably means that they are racist against blacks? If this were true, then you're calling a LOT of black people racist against their own race!

But I guess such a ridiculous take is on par with your other takes, like believing that "soy boy" was a racist term against asians, blaming parents but not drag queens for story hour, etc. Clueless as usual, "dude".
KaiBear
boognish_bear said:

As taxpayers we should all feel honored to pay for this man's student loans.

In fact we should provide free tuition and room and board for anyone who wishes to remain in college.

It's the only progressive attitude to take.
boognish_bear
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

All Lives Matter.

Guess, I'm a racist too since I think everyone matters the same.
ShooterTX
This is funny... but those kids need to be aware that Jabba is coming for them!

ShooterTX
ShooterTX
This is just too good!

ShooterTX
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Porteroso said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Burn
Loot
Murder
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Forest Bueller_bf
boognish_bear said:

Sana is trying to warn these foolish girls here. This is not about what these poor misguided gullible brainwashed kids think it is about.

Why do you think these people keep taking down the American flag and putting up the "Palestinian" flag.

These protest are organized by some outside group who knows exactly what they are advocating. They have gone to the place where the least mature, most gullible, most easily brainwashed adults are, away from the guidance of their parents and under the guidance of extreme leftist thought.

These riots/protest/takeovers are about the elimination of the State of Israel #1, they believe and their state taught Islam teaches them that Israel is occupied Palestine and they will never stop with their Infitada/Jihad until the State of Israel is eliminated. In debate after debate, when these people pull back the curtain, they make it clear Israel has no place, and must be eliminated. From the River to the Sea, means what it means. Eliminating Israel.

#2 Jihad demands that Islam overcomes all Infidels, that includes America, they are getting a strong foothold in America in acedemia and now students who attend these far leftist Universities. Make no doubt the overall goal is to overcome all people with their glorious Islamic rule. That will never happen, but they will sure make a run at it.

Just as satan will never overcome Christ, but he sure has a hold on this world, these people beneath the surface, want to be in control. They have found the perfect dupes, in these far Leftist Campuses to help their cause along.
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
ShooterTX said:

She needs to focus less on Hamas and more on Jenny Craig....sheeesh.
GrowlTowel
Jack Bauer said:

ShooterTX said:

She needs to focus less on Hamas and more on Jenny Craig....sheeesh.
Its hard to eat Jenny Craig when Mary Kay is on your face.
cowboycwr
boognish_bear said:

And it clearly was not a covid thing as they were trying to hide their face
cowboycwr
sombear said:

cowboycwr said:

sombear said:

cowboycwr said:

sombear said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Centuries?????

Police were not even a common thing until very recently (in terms of human history).

I'm about as pro-cop as anyone, and it drives some of my libertarian and black friends crazy. I moved hard that way after going on some police ride alongs with some black friends and doing more research. We all developed a healthy respect for the jobs cops have to do.

That said, it's foolish to deny the history of law enforcement abuse against blacks. It's not just police of recent history. Think about how the U.S. slave trade itself started and was administered and who was involved. Think about how slavery was enforced and the "justice system" in effect. Think about law enforcement in post slavery, Jim Crow south. Think about law enforcement's role in fighting (literally) the civil rights movement. And even late into the 20th Century, it will take you 2 minutes on google to find rampant systematic racial abuse among certain major police departments.

Again, thankfully, we are far beyond that. And we don't have to beat ourselves up for it. But it's wrong to deny it and wrong to say it's just "emotional" for blacks.
OK and none of that proves anything about it being centuries of abuse by police. Most of what you listed in your rant had NOTHING to do with police.

And the little you do is within the last 100 years which makes it a century, singular.

Seriously. You base your argument on the distinction between actual police and law enforcement? I don't think people care the title of the person arresting, incarcerating, harassing, beating, or killing them.

And the slave patrol certainly were police. And actual public police departments started expanding rapidly in the early to mid 19th Century.

And Actual police and police departments frequently committed heinous acts against blacks throughout the 19th and much of the 20th Century, all the way through and even after the civil rights movement.

Once again, from the late 20th Century to present, I'll defend cops and fight the false BLM narrative with the best of them. But I can't deny or dismiss a brutal history.
No that is not my argument. My argument is on the fact you said CENTURIES. As in over 200 years.

And all the evidence you provide is from the last 160 years. Which is not over two centuries and thus not plural.

And as with the current police it isn't a brutal history by all police. Just certain police officers or departments.
Then you've changed your argument, because you specifically said "NOTHING to do with police," and even on your strange centuries argument, you said in your prior post I was referring mostly to things "in the last 100 years."

Regardless, it is irrelevant. The Slave Patrol started early 1700s.
I have NOT changed my argument.

The original statement I replied to said there was CENTURIES of police brutality.

I pointed out that is untrue because police are not that old.

You then jumped in and started talking about groups that were not law enforcement, often times not even legal groups given any sort of authority by a government and within the last 160 years when again I was pointing out there is not a history that spans CENTURIES for police brutality.

But yes I did say "nothing to do with police" because you talked about the slave trade- which had no police involved.

Yes what you talked about was in the last 160 years... which is not CENTURIES.

It is not irrelevant when I was replying to a post about CENTURIES of police brutality.

The slave patrol was not police.

Try to keep up

sombear
cowboycwr said:

sombear said:

cowboycwr said:

sombear said:

cowboycwr said:

sombear said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Centuries?????

Police were not even a common thing until very recently (in terms of human history).

I'm about as pro-cop as anyone, and it drives some of my libertarian and black friends crazy. I moved hard that way after going on some police ride alongs with some black friends and doing more research. We all developed a healthy respect for the jobs cops have to do.

That said, it's foolish to deny the history of law enforcement abuse against blacks. It's not just police of recent history. Think about how the U.S. slave trade itself started and was administered and who was involved. Think about how slavery was enforced and the "justice system" in effect. Think about law enforcement in post slavery, Jim Crow south. Think about law enforcement's role in fighting (literally) the civil rights movement. And even late into the 20th Century, it will take you 2 minutes on google to find rampant systematic racial abuse among certain major police departments.

Again, thankfully, we are far beyond that. And we don't have to beat ourselves up for it. But it's wrong to deny it and wrong to say it's just "emotional" for blacks.
OK and none of that proves anything about it being centuries of abuse by police. Most of what you listed in your rant had NOTHING to do with police.

And the little you do is within the last 100 years which makes it a century, singular.

Seriously. You base your argument on the distinction between actual police and law enforcement? I don't think people care the title of the person arresting, incarcerating, harassing, beating, or killing them.

And the slave patrol certainly were police. And actual public police departments started expanding rapidly in the early to mid 19th Century.

And Actual police and police departments frequently committed heinous acts against blacks throughout the 19th and much of the 20th Century, all the way through and even after the civil rights movement.

Once again, from the late 20th Century to present, I'll defend cops and fight the false BLM narrative with the best of them. But I can't deny or dismiss a brutal history.
No that is not my argument. My argument is on the fact you said CENTURIES. As in over 200 years.

And all the evidence you provide is from the last 160 years. Which is not over two centuries and thus not plural.

And as with the current police it isn't a brutal history by all police. Just certain police officers or departments.
Then you've changed your argument, because you specifically said "NOTHING to do with police," and even on your strange centuries argument, you said in your prior post I was referring mostly to things "in the last 100 years."

Regardless, it is irrelevant. The Slave Patrol started early 1700s.
I have NOT changed my argument.

The original statement I replied to said there was CENTURIES of police brutality.

I pointed out that is untrue because police are not that old.

You then jumped in and started talking about groups that were not law enforcement, often times not even legal groups given any sort of authority by a government and within the last 160 years when again I was pointing out there is not a history that spans CENTURIES for police brutality.

But yes I did say "nothing to do with police" because you talked about the slave trade- which had no police involved.

Yes what you talked about was in the last 160 years... which is not CENTURIES.

It is not irrelevant when I was replying to a post about CENTURIES of police brutality.

The slave patrol was not police.

Try to keep up

Well, you're wrong technically as well. It would be 1.6 centuries, not 1.6 century, so . . . .

But, regardless, it's a long freaking time, and that is the most significant point, which you don't seem to challenge.
ScottS
Porteroso said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

GOP leadership is weak,

Ok now the race card has been played
EatMoreSalmon
boognish_bear said:

Forest Bueller_bf
EatMoreSalmon said:

boognish_bear said:

Love that Fetterman has not been fooled by this uprising.

Much respect to him.
BigGameBaylorBear
Fetterman has moved up many spaces on my list of favorite democrats. He has his issues like every other politician but I do like his blue collar/ america first attitude
The_barBEARian
Forest Bueller_bf said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

boognish_bear said:

Love that Fetterman has not been fooled by this uprising.

Much respect to him.

I mean he is just doing what his donors tell him to do... the guy is a complete puppet and we all know who his donors are.

He is certainly no hero.

There are very few heroes in congress but here are some....

Sen Rand Paul, Sen Mike Lee, Rep Thomas Massie, Rep Chip Roy, Rep Gaetz, Rep Donalds, Rep Gozar, Rep Greene, Rep Norman

And as much as I disagree with the man, at least Sen Bernie Sanders stands on his principles and is probably the only guy on the "left" who is worthy of some respect and not a complete sellout/uniparty globalist shill
boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.