How To Get To Heaven When You Die

104,049 Views | 2084 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Realitybites
Realitybites
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

Serious question, Realitybites:

Suppose someone wants to speak to someone who is dead. Following the template of the Hail Mary, this someone mentally and emotionally focuses on the person they want to contact, just as they would if they were praying to God, and asks for that person to hear them and respond, again just as happens in prayer.

If that someone is not praying to that person, what is the means of contact?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

The fundamental problem is you think that these people have died.

I'm not sure what you mean by "mentally and emotionally focus on the person they want to contact" as this in no way describes how you would talk to someone at the end of your pew. If you're asking if I can describe the scientific process by which this discussion is heard by someone in heaven, no I cannot. Neither can I describe the scientific process by which a man is raised from the dead.

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."
- 1st Corinthians 13:12

The Hail Mary is a Roman Catholic prayer, and is not used by the Orthodox (though I don't find anything particularly wrong in its theology). I ask the saints to pray to God for me. I do not ask for, or expect a call back from them.
Oldbear83
xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Cage match between BTD and Old Bear!
Not at all what is going on. Sad if you think that is the motive or focus.

It was a joke. Grow a sense of humor.
Telling that you think that time and place is opportune for what you consider humor.

Do you heckle Seminaries too?
Oldbear83
"The fundamental problem is you think that these people have died."

If they have not died, you could just call them on the phone or send them a text.

You would probably find them famous for having lived so long.
xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Telling that you think that time and place is opportune for what you consider humor.

If they are teaching false Doctrine? Or are they teaching what the Bible actually says?
Oldbear83
xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

If they are teaching false Doctrine? Or are they teaching what the Bible actually says?
I asked you before, and ask again.

Where is your fruit?

If you believe you are right and the other person is wrong, what is your fruit that shows you are producing a harvest for God?

Rancor and malice are not the tools of the Holy Spirit. You would do better to follow our Lord in deed and not just using a few verses from Paul to support your ego.

xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

I asked you before, and ask again.

Where is your fruit?

If you believe you are right and the other person is wrong, what is your fruit that shows you are producing a harvest for God?

Rancor and malice are not the tools of the Holy Spirit. You would do better to follow our Lord in deed and not just using a few verses from Paul to support your ego.

Rancor and malice? Yes I am allowed to believe that I am right and the other person is wrong. Jesus and the Disciples did too.

The evidence of fruit is that the Gospel is going out and people are coming to Salvation by Grace through Faith Alone in Jesus Christ and His Death, Burial and Resurrection.

The only one with an ego here is you. I have seen your arrogant interactions with many on here and you evade, accuse and refuse to answer or confront anything that proves you wrong. You are arrogant and you need to turn to the Lord and ask Him to forgive you. If your faith is in your Church, your Communion, your Baptism, Sacraments or anything other than Christ and His shed blood on the Cross and Resurrection to pay for your sins than you are as Paul says "Fallen from Grace ". Paul does also say that if you are seeking to be justified by Works, then. Christ shall profit you nothing.

Good Works do NOT save:

Galatians 5:2-4 NKJV

[2] "Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. [3] And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. [4] You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace."
Oldbear83
A predictable rant from Frodo. Too bad it

A) demonstrated the arrogance and bitterness I mentioned in my last post, and

B) completely failed to respond to my points, but instead went on an attack and exhibited - yet again - a character completely alien to the grace we receive from the Holy Spirit.
xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

A predictable rant from Frodo. Too bad it

A) demonstrated the arrogance and bitterness I mentioned in my last post, and

B) completely failed to respond to my points, but instead went on an attack and exhibited - yet again - a character completely alien to the grace we receive from the Holy Spirit.

Typical rant from Old Bear, anyone who tells you facts and truth, you call arrogance and bitterness, while you are being arrogant and bitter. Here is an idea for you, actually LOOK at the evidence that proves you wrong rather than falsely attacking the messenger and calling them bitter and arrogant.

I have seen the way that you have treated others on here. You are not interested in the truth, you are only interested in spreading what you wish were the truth, but is in fact false and unBiblical.

The Bible is our source for truth, NOT the Catholic Church, The Pope, Traditions or Church writings. If anything or anyone contradicts God's Word, THEY are wrong, NOT the Holy Spirit Inspired Scriptures.
Oldbear83
Jesus told us you will know His followers by their fruit. Frodo drives people away with his attacks, which says all we need to know
Oldbear83
Frodo: "I have seen the way that you have treated others on here."

Yes, I have been open and cordial to those who do not use their beliefs as a weapon. See my interactions in this thread with Cokebear, CurtPenn, Wangchung and Lib Mr Bears as examples.

You only agree with those who share in your attacks on perceived apostates.

Christ said "whoever is not against us is for us" (Mark 9:40). If you spent half the time listening to Christ as you do looking for verses from Paul to support your opinion, you would already know this.
xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

Jesus told us you will know His followers by their fruit. Frodo drives people away with his attacks, which says all we need to know

The Pot calling the Kettle Black. YOU drive people away with YOUR attacks. I started this thread. All you have done is attack anyone who disagrees with you while accusing them of attacking. I bet you a million dollars that you vote Democrat too.
Oldbear83
xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

The Pot calling the Kettle Black. YOU drive people away with YOUR attacks. I started this thread. All you have done is attack anyone who disagrees with you while accusing them of attacking. I bet you a million dollars that you vote Democrat too.
Ah. More hate from Frodo.

Do keep in mind Frodo, that you post here as a de facto minister, although you have demonstrated no credentials to such a role. I have already pointed out to you that I have gotten along with Christians in this thread from Catholic background as well as a number of non-Christians, while you have only attacked them and refused to grant them any courtesy here.

Who do you think is more likely to get them to open their minds to the Gospel, or to consider their religion along Scriptural lines?

You have repeatedly ignored teachings from Christ Himself, in preference for Paul. I dare say Paul himself would chide you for such posts as you have left.

I get it, you are still so deep in denial that your go-to response is anger and bitterness. That is why I have reminded you over and over to test the fruit of your words.

I sincerely hope you will be open to the Holy Spirit and reconsider your words, especially as in the season of Advent.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

The accusation is the admission.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Ah. More hate from Frodo.

Do keep in mind Frodo, that you post here as a de facto minister, although you have demonstrated no credentials to such a role. I have already pointed out to you that I have gotten along with Christians in this thread from Catholic background as well as a number of non-Christians, while you have only attacked them and refused to grant them any courtesy here.

Who do you think is more likely to get them to open their minds to the Gospel, or to consider their religion along Scriptural lines?

You have repeatedly ignored teachings from Christ Himself, in preference for Paul. I dare say Paul himself would chide you for such posts as you have left.

I get it, you are still so deep in denial that your go-to response is anger and bitterness. That is why I have reminded you over and over to test the fruit of your words.

I sincerely hope you will be open to the Holy Spirit and reconsider your words, especially as in the season of Advent.

Well I haven't seen you get along with anyone here because you refuse to look at any evidence or verse that they post, you won't even answer direct questions. You just evade and deflect the blame back on others. YOU are the one who isn't being Christ like. Look in the mirror. It's not that I 'prefer Paul' it's that Jesus Christ Himself gave Paul his teachings for the Grace age and they are to be applied to those in Christ under Grace. Too bad if you didn't like it, but I do follow Jesus and His teachings, although they are actually directed to Israel, not the Church.

I hope you open your heart to the Holy Spirit when Bible verses are presented to you that prove you wrong, instead of ignoring and deflecting like you do.
Oldbear83
Frodo: "Well I haven't seen you get along with anyone here"

That would only happen because you ignore whatever posts you don't like. Read through the thread without your hatred.

I promise that is what Jesus wants you to do.
xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

Frodo: "Well I haven't seen you get along with anyone here"

That would only happen because you ignore whatever posts you don't like. Read through the thread without your hatred.

I promise that is what Jesus wants you to do.

I ignore long, ranting pointless posts of people who refuse to read and or respond to other's posts, posts like yours. I have seen you go back and forth, back and forth in your angry, accusations, blaming and accusing people of doing what you are actually guilty of. You can't even answer direct questions, even if repeated over and over again. That's not the mark of a Godly man. You are steeped in your Catholic Tradition and it seems that Catholic Teachings Trump the very Word of God for you. I reject that and it's not a Godly way to view the World. Where you place your faith matters. Mine is in Jesus Christ and His death and resurrection alone to pay for my sins. Can you say the same thing?
Oldbear83
If you served Christ, you would act more like Him and less like Caiaphas, Frodo.

xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

If you served Christ, you would act more like Him and less like Caiaphas, Frodo.

Christ told the truth, even when people didn't like it as I am doing for you. I don't see YOU being Christ like, but I do see you Judging everyone around you. You are kind of like the Pharisees.
Oldbear83
xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Christ told the truth, even when people didn't like it as I am doing for you. I don't see YOU being Christ like, but I do see you Judging everyone around you. You are kind of like the Pharisees.
Predictable false projection and aggression from you, Frodo.

Sad, especially in this season.
xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

The only aggression is coming from you. 'Tis the Season to be Jolly'
Oldbear83
xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Apparently, for Frodo 'tis the season for Denial.

Ho ho oh well ...

xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Ho ho oh well ...

Yes it surely is for you. I see you deflect and deny with everyone you talk to on here. Ho Ho Ho...
Oldbear83
xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Ho ho oh well ...

Yes it surely is for you. I see you deflect and deny with everyone you talk to on here. Ho Ho Ho...
You are continuing a failed effort Frodo.

You falsely accused me of not getting along with others, even though I named several here I have been able to speak with whom you have attacked.

You boast about being Christ-like when your words and behavior are alien to how Christ talked and acted, Frodo.

You boast about your alignment with Christ, but you have ignored Scripture presented to you which showed your error.

And finally, this is the season where we are called to share Goodwill and hope. Yet you continue to attack and defame people you know are fellow Christians..

Truly, you are in a sad condition, brother.
xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Ho ho oh well ...

You are continuing a failed effort Frodo.

You falsely accused me of not getting along with others, even though I named several here I have been able to speak with whom you have attacked.

You boast about being Christ-like when your words and behavior are alien to how Christ talked and acted, Frodo.

You boast about your alignment with Christ, but you have ignored Scripture presented to you which showed your error.

And finally, this is the season where we are called to share Goodwill and hope. Yet you continue to attack and defame people you know are fellow Christians..

Truly, you are in a sad condition, brother.

I know you are but what am I?

Uh huh, I only see you arguing with people and not being able to listen to their arguments and then turning everything around on them over and over again.

I am not the one boasting here, YOU are. I don't ignore Scripture, You do. YOU are the one in error.

I don't know if you are a fellow Christian or not. Do you place your faith in Jesus Christ and His Death and Resurrection ALONE to save you or do you add works to Salvation? The Bible says that if you add works, then Christ is of no effect unto you, so what is your position on what makes a person a true Believer in Christ?

I am not in a sad condition and I don't know whether we are brothers or not, but if we are, YOU need to grow up.
Oldbear83
Shaking the dust off my shoes. Don't say I did not warn you.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Oldbear83 said:

Your self-righteousness and condescension are insufferable. Everything he's said about you is correct. The sad thing is you are either too oblivious or self-congratulatory to see it. No doubt you'll respond with another "pharisee" comment, completely oblivious to how no one has been more pharisaical than you.
xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

Warn me about what?
xfrodobagginsx
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Your self-righteousness and condescension are insufferable. Everything he's said about you is correct. The sad thing is you are either too oblivious or self-congratulatory to see it. No doubt you'll respond with another "pharisee" comment, completely oblivious to how no one has been more pharisaical than you.

So true. He projects his own pharisaical ness on everyone else. I bet a million dollars that he is a Democrat. That's what they do best.
xfrodobagginsx
Christmas is near. Find a good Bible Believing Church and attend!
xfrodobagginsx
Merry Christmas

Jesus is the reason for the season
xfrodobagginsx
IT'S ALL FREE:

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Ro 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Ro 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
quash
xfrodobagginsx said:

Merry Christmas

That would be axial tilt.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
xfrodobagginsx
quash said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Merry Christmas

That would be axial tilt.

What does that mean?
xfrodobagginsx
Is it within the forum rules to post videos? I want to post a debate.
xfrodobagginsx
Historical Writings Affirming That Dinosaurs Lived With Men

http://historysevidenceofdinosaursandmen.weebly.com/written.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.