How To Get To Heaven When You Die

103,947 Views | 2082 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Oldbear83
Realitybites
How long do you want to ignore this user?
xfrodobagginsx said:

Is it within the forum rules to post videos? I want to post a debate.
If you look at the upper banner of the post editor, there is an icon you can click on to post a youtube video. Good link about the Dinosaurs btw. One of the more interesting features in human history is the congruity of flood/dragon stories in cultures that had no way at all of having contact with each other in a pre-modern age (the flying snakes described in Egypt and the Meso-American Quetzalcoatl for example, or the flood story of Genesis and native Australians). While crocodilians and large monitor lizards can explain some of these sightings, there are many such reports that they cannot account for such as the Mokele-mbembe in the Congo river basin.

xfrodobagginsx
Realitybites said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Is it within the forum rules to post videos? I want to post a debate.
If you look at the upper banner of the post editor, there is an icon you can click on to post a youtube video. Good link about the Dinosaurs btw. One of the more interesting features in human history is the congruity of flood/dragon stories in cultures that had no way at all of having contact with each other in a pre-modern age (the flying snakes described in Egypt and the Meso-American Quetzalcoatl for example, or the flood story of Genesis and native Australians). While crocodilians and large monitor lizards can explain some of these sightings, there are many such reports that they cannot account for such as the Mokele-mbembe in the Congo river basin.

Exactly. Good points.
quash
xfrodobagginsx said:

quash said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Merry Christmas

Jesus is the reason for the season

That would be axial tilt.

What does that mean?

Axial tilt is the reason for seasons. Were you homeschooled by chance?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
xfrodobagginsx
quash said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

quash said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Merry Christmas

What does that mean?

If I were, I would have likely been several grades ahead of the kids.in the Liberal ran Public Schools.

I didn't know what you were referring to. Be a bit nicer. I know that the axis tilt causes the seasons ...
xfrodobagginsx
What Church do you plan to visit tomorrow on Christmas Eve?
Realitybites
xfrodobagginsx said:

What Church do you plan to visit tomorrow on Christmas Eve?

The Church of Antioch.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Christ is Born!
joseywales
xfrodobagginsx said:

Historical Writings Affirming That Dinosaurs Lived With Men

http://historysevidenceofdinosaursandmen.weebly.com/written.html
Lol what idiots. 300 million years ago
joseywales
joseywales said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

There was none of these guys alive how can people be so gullible
xfrodobagginsx
joseywales said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

No, Evolutionary Scientists say dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago.
Oldbear83
joseywales said:

joseywales said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Think about that argument. If 'no one from today was there' discredits a theory, then all theories about ancient times could be dismissed.

I understand you are more about spleen than logic, Josey, but I'm sure you can do better for an argument.
xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

joseywales said:

joseywales said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Think about that argument. If 'no one from today was there' discredits a theory, then all theories about ancient times could be dismissed.

I understand you are more about spleen than logic, Josey, but I'm sure you can do better for an argument.

Exactly. Plus the evidence shows different than the Evolutionists want us to believe.
xfrodobagginsx
What are your New Year's plans?
xfrodobagginsx
Happy New Year Everyone!!!
xfrodobagginsx
Happy New Year Everyone!!!
xfrodobagginsx
joseywales said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

The Historical writings are only a few thousand years old, which proves that they saw dinosaurs.
Oldbear83
xfrodobagginsx said:

joseywales said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

The Historical writings are only a few thousand years old, which proves that they saw dinosaurs.
But not Elvis?
xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

joseywales said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

But not Elvis?

Lol. The point is that if you can prove that Dinosaurs Lived with me , as they did, you shred the entire evolutionary theory.
xfrodobagginsx
It's time to get back to Church and get your Life right with the Lord.
xfrodobagginsx
Romans 11:6 NLT
[6] "And since it is through God's kindness, then it is not by their good works. For in that case, God's grace would not be what it really isfree and undeserved."

Galatians 5:4 NLT
[4] "For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace."

Acts of the Apostles 15:11 NLT
[11] We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus."

Ephesians 2:8-9 NLT
[8]" God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. [9] Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. "

xfrodobagginsx
It was good to see a praying team that relies on the Holy Spirit win the National Title. Way to go Michigan!
xfrodobagginsx
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

It sounds like you are uncertain of your Salvation and where you will spend Eternity. If you want to be sure, read this first post.
My beliefs are very simple. If you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior and leave this world a better place than it was when you got here, the Pearly Gates will be opened for you.

I do NOT believe in the once saved, always saved crap. You gotta walk the walk.

This is a works based Salvation and it's not Biblical
The Bible says that if you seek to be saved by works, you will not be saved because we are not good enough. We have to be perfect to get to heaven. Only Jesus was perfect so we have to place our Faith in Him and His Sacrifice for our sins to be saved.

Osodecentx
xfrodobagginsx said:

quash said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

quash said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Merry Christmas

What does that mean?

If I were, I would have likely been several grades ahead of the kids.in the Liberal ran Public Schools.

I didn't know what you were referring to. Be a bit nicer. I know that the axis tilt causes the seasons ...
Unbeliever Converted To Christianity After Seeing Christians Bicker With Each Other Online
LOUISVILLE, KY The angels of Heaven rejoiced today at the addition of another member of God's kingdom, as a local unbeliever converted to Christianity after seeing Christians bickering with each other online.
The man, who had spent his entire life attempting to resist the call of the Holy Spirit, finally succumbed to the all-powerful drawing of God when he witnessed two professing believers viciously attacking each other on social media.
"This is what I want my life to be like," said Ethan Gregory after following the extended argument online. "The way they were insulting each other, the anger I could sense radiating from their comments…it's really a compelling case to be a Christian. I can't run away from God. I want to be just like these guys. Count me in!"
"I was blind, but now I see!"
https://babylonbee.com/news/unbeliever-converted-to-christianity-after-seeing-christians-bicker-with-each-other-online

xfrodobagginsx
Wangchung said:

James 2:14
Faith without works is dead.

That just means that true faith results in good works. It doesn't mean that works save. Also, this passage was written to Law keeping Jews before Grace was revealed by Paul.
xfrodobagginsx
KaiBear said:

Faith , works, and the avoidance of mortal sins .

Faith Alone!!!!
Oldbear83
xfrodobagginsx said:

KaiBear said:

Faith Alone!!!!
True enough, although the question then becomes 'how do you know if your faith is real'

Ananias and Sapphira probably believed they were Christians. As did Phygelus and Hermogenes.

It seems to me important that we do not rely on what we want to think about ourselves, but ask the Lord for guidance and edification.
xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

KaiBear said:

Faith Alone!!!!
True enough, although the question then becomes 'how do you know if your faith is real'

Ananias and Sapphira probably believed they were Christians. As did Phygelus and Hermogenes.

It seems to me important that we do not rely on what we want to think about ourselves, but ask the Lord for guidance and edification.

The results of true Faith and when a person truly believes God and trusts in Him, is that they submit to His Will in their life and desire to please Him. The result is not the cause the results are the product of the cause, faith. Submission results in good works for him AFTER Salvation.
Oldbear83
xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

KaiBear said:

Faith Alone!!!!

The results of true Faith and when a person truly believes God and trusts in Him, is that they submit to His Will in their life and desire to please Him. The result is not the cause the results are the product of the cause, faith. Submission results in good works for him AFTER Salvation.
You're good at textbook opinion, Frodo. The hard part is helping young believers stay the course and not fall away.
xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

KaiBear said:

Faith Alone!!!!

You're good at textbook opinion, Frodo. The hard part is helping young believers stay the course and not fall away.

Most young adults fall away from the Church for a while right out of HS. That doesn't necessarily mean they lost their faith. I left the Church for 12 years, but I never lost my faith in Christ. If they are true believers, God will bring them back. They are seeking their place in this world at that age and seeking a mate, seeking career and who they are. It took me until my 30th Birthday to come back.
xfrodobagginsx
GO LIONS!!!
Oldbear83
xfrodobagginsx said:

GO LIONS!!!
Many of the Roman crowds cheered the Lions against the Christians, a bit surprised you would do so, Frodo.
xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

GO LIONS!!!
Many of the Roman crowds cheered the Lions against the Christians, a bit surprised you would do so, Frodo.

Did the Romans Lions wear helmets and pads? Asking for a friend
Oldbear83
xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

GO LIONS!!!

Did the Romans Lions wear helmets and pads? Asking for a friend

Helmets, no. Pads is something a strange group of men use now once a month, no idea why.
xfrodobagginsx
Fre3dombear said:

You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone

That was written to Jews under the Law BEFORE Grace was revealed to Paul. Law is about works.
Oldbear83
xfrodobagginsx said:

Fre3dombear said:

That was written to Jews under the Law BEFORE Grace was revealed to Paul. Law is about works.
So God's Grace is from Paul?

What did Christ say about who goes to Heaven?

xfrodobagginsx
Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Fre3dombear said:

So God's Grace is from Paul?

What did Christ say about who goes to Heaven?

Jesus revealed the Doctrine of Grace to Paul for the Gentiles under Grace. Jesus ministered to Jews under the Law

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.