Poll shows DeSantis and Haley would both perform better than Trump against Biden

26,229 Views | 550 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by boognish_bear
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4409117-trump-desantis-haley-leading-biden-poll/

Haley had an 8-point lead over Biden, with 53 percent of support compared to Biden's 45 percent. This is likely due to her garnering more support among moderates and Independents than what Trump and DeSantis received, according to the survey.

The poll found that 59 percent of independent voters would support Haley in a matchup with Biden, while 55 percent and 54 percent of independents would back DeSantis and Trump, respectively.

In a contest with Biden, DeSantis received 51 percent of support while the president received 48 percent.
The matchup between Biden and Trump, the two frontrunners for the 2024 election, was the closest among the GOP presidential hopefuls. The poll found that 50 percent of respondents would vote for Trump and 48 percent would vote for Biden.

Trump still maintains a comfortable lead in the GOP primary, according to the new survey, leading the field by 55 points among GOP voters. Trump has 69 percent of support, DeSantis has 14 percent and Haley has 12 percent.

The poll was conducted between Jan. 10-12 among 2,870 adults and has a margin of error of 2.5 percentage points. The poll also included responses from 786 likely Republican primary voters, which has a margin of error of 4.7 percentage points.
Porteroso
Only tells the preliminary story. After debating Biden, Haley would flat out destroy him. As would DeSantis. After debating Biden, Trump would figure out how to seem like he had even worse dementia.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Porteroso said:

Only tells the preliminary story. After debating Biden, Haley would flat out destroy him. As would DeSantis. After debating Biden, Trump would figure out how to seem like he had even worse dementia.
Trump wants no part of any debate stage at this point. He has made that very clear. Very disappointing.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Mothra
Porteroso said:

Agreed.
Porteroso
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

Trump wants no part of any debate stage at this point. He has made that very clear. Very disappointing.

Anyone at all will debate Biden. Even Trump would love to.
GrowlTowel
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

Honest question - why? What about him or his positions are unclear to anyone at this point?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
GrowlTowel said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

Honest question - why? What about him or his positions are unclear to anyone at this point?
He doesn't need to debate anyone. He has been declared the runaway winner in Iowa with 4 percent of the votes counted.

The Democrats will not let Donald Trump win another election by any means necessary, - legal and/ or illegal. Worked beautifully in 2020. We should be good little proles and do our patriotic duty and go through the motions and "vote". Weekend at Bernie's or Michelle Obama are our future.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Johnny Bear
GrowlTowel said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

Not only that, but the guy has already been POTUS for four years and has a demonstrable record which was decidedly better in virtually every category than the current joke of a hologram illegitimate memory care occupant of the White House.
Mothra
GrowlTowel said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

The point of a debate is not merely to understand positions but how one responds to critiques. But I understand why he wants no part of DeSantis, who would wipe the floor with him.
Mothra
Johnny Bear said:

GrowlTowel said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

Not only that, but the guy has already been POTUS for four years and has a demonstrable record which was decidedly better in virtually every category than the current joke of a hologram illegitimate memory care occupant of the White House.

Decidedly better than the current occupant isn't a tall order but I get your drift.

Deal is there are several republicans who I think so hold be decidedly better than Trump. But instead we have the two geriatric patients vying for the presidency.
Doc Holliday
She wouldn't.

Trump just owned Iowa. The Iowa Caucus is the biggest blowout in history by far.
EatMoreSalmon
Biden is old and definitely slower of mind than needed for the job.

Trump Is old and will be a high risk candidate for having health issues that could seriously hamper his ability to govern.

Yet so much emotion in the decision making process is going to pit these two for POTUS.

Too many buy into the hype machines of political news and are not voting for the best candidate. Just the candidate that gets noticed in the news, good or bad.

Plus the party leadership of both major parties leave a planet load to be desired. The US political climate has morphed from distasteful to Phil Donahue bad to Morton Downy Jr. bad in a matter of 30 years.
ATL Bear
Doc Holliday said:

She wouldn't.

Trump just owned Iowa. The Iowa Caucus is the biggest blowout in history by far.
It's easy to rally the loyalists. It's harder to rally the non loyalists. That's what will do him in in the general.
Doc Holliday
ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

She wouldn't.

It's easy to rally the loyalists. It's harder to rally the non loyalists. That's what will do him in in the general.
Biden and democrats have played their cards too much and shown independents what they're really about and they don't like it.

Trump will get more votes than he did last time. Biden will get far less.
Guy Noir
Trump has not ever shown any effort to reduce the debt/deficit or reduce inflation. The $600 Billion to $1 Trillion interest payments the USA will need to pay will really hurt the USA economy over the next several years.

Trump has not participated in any debates and has not had to address these hard issues this election cycle.

Mothra
Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

She wouldn't.

Biden and democrats have played their cards too much and shown independents what they're really about and they don't like it.

I will believe it when I see it. I don't think there's any chance in hell of this.
Doc Holliday
Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

She wouldn't.

I will believe it when I see it. I don't think there's any chance in hell of this.
Mothra
Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

She wouldn't.

Going to need a lot more than MAGA or aligned MAGA to win this election. Trump is going to need independents and moderates, and just like last time, I don't see that ever happening.
Doc Holliday
Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

She wouldn't.

Going to need a lot more than MAGA or aligned MAGA to win this election. Trump is going to need independents and moderates, and just like last time, I don't see that ever happening.
Independents and moderates can't financially afford democrats. Money speaks the loudest.
boognish_bear
Mothra
Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

She wouldn't.

Independents and moderates can't financially afford democrats. Money speaks the loudest.
And they will still vote Biden nevertheless.

Wait and see.
Whiskey Pete
Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

She wouldn't.

Wait and see.
RFK Jr. has been polling better among independents than both Trump and Biden. Look for many independents to cast their ballot for the Kennedy.
Mothra
Whiskey Pete said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

She wouldn't.

Wait and see.
RFK Jr. has been polling better among independents than both Trump and Biden. Look for many independents to cast their ballot for the Kennedy.
It's possible, but in the same vein, he could also pull some independents away from Trump. I am not convinced Kennedy helps Trump anymore than he hurts him.
Whiskey Pete
Mothra said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

She wouldn't.

Wait and see.
It's possible, but in the same vein, he could also pull some independents away from Trump. I am not convinced Kennedy helps Trump anymore than he hurts him.
RFK Jr. is already pulling votes from AND from Biden (according the polls I've seen - about 36% of independents are backing Kennedy Jr.). Are you saying that more of the 31% of independent Trump voters are going to do a last second switcharoo and change their vote to RFK Jr. from Trump and that less of the 30% of independent Biden voters will switch to RFK Jr.?
Mothra
Whiskey Pete said:

Mothra said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

She wouldn't.

Wait and see.
RFK Jr. is already pulling votes from AND from Biden (according the polls I've seen - about 36% of independents are backing Kennedy Jr.). Are you saying that more of the 31% of independent Trump voters are going to do a last second switcharoo and change their vote to RFK Jr. from Trump and that less of the 30% of independent Biden voters will switch to RFK Jr.?
No clue. I think predicting anything at this point with any certainty is difficult. But I think Trump has an uphill battle, and anyone buying into him at this point is buying fool's gold. He's a loser and less-likable retread. I am doubtful he receives more support now than in 2020.
Whiskey Pete
Mothra said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Mothra said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

She wouldn't.

Wait and see.
No clue. I think predicting anything at this point with any certainty is difficult. But I think Trump has an uphill battle, and anyone buying into him at this point is buying fool's gold. He's a loser and less-likable retread. I am doubtful he receives more support now than in 2020.
I don't think he'll win, but I can't say there's no way he can win.
boognish_bear
Forest Bueller_bf
Mothra said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4409117-trump-desantis-haley-leading-biden-poll/

Haley had an 8-point lead over Biden, with 53 percent of support compared to Biden's 45 percent. This is likely due to her garnering more support among moderates and Independents than what Trump and DeSantis received, according to the survey.

The poll found that 59 percent of independent voters would support Haley in a matchup with Biden, while 55 percent and 54 percent of independents would back DeSantis and Trump, respectively.

In a contest with Biden, DeSantis received 51 percent of support while the president received 48 percent.
The matchup between Biden and Trump, the two frontrunners for the 2024 election, was the closest among the GOP presidential hopefuls. The poll found that 50 percent of respondents would vote for Trump and 48 percent would vote for Biden.

Trump still maintains a comfortable lead in the GOP primary, according to the new survey, leading the field by 55 points among GOP voters. Trump has 69 percent of support, DeSantis has 14 percent and Haley has 12 percent.

The poll was conducted between Jan. 10-12 among 2,870 adults and has a margin of error of 2.5 percentage points. The poll also included responses from 786 likely Republican primary voters, which has a margin of error of 4.7 percentage points.
I just can't understand why Republicans keep voting for Trump in the primaries. Is Trump like porn to some people, an addiction they know is bad for them, but they just can't quit it.
boognish_bear
Whiskey Pete
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Mothra said:

I just can't understand why Republicans keep voting for Trump in the primaries. Is Trump like porn to some people, an addiction they know is bad for them, but they just can't quit it.
I can't understand why any liberal still supports Biden, especially when they could've thrown their support to RFK Jr.

Oh well, I guess the Kennedy isn't extreme enough
boognish_bear
Mothra
boognish_bear said:

She's a sycophant. She will have a position in Trump's make-believe cabinet.
Guy Noir
GrowlTowel said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

Trump has not addressed how he will control spending and how he will control inflation.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Guy Noir said:

GrowlTowel said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

Trump has not addressed how he will control spending and how he will control inflation.

Don't worry....he has the greatest plan and the greatest people working on it. Some people are saying it might be the greatest economic plan ever.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.