Poll shows DeSantis and Haley would both perform better than Trump against Biden

26,503 Views | 550 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by boognish_bear
GrowlTowel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HuMcK said:

The GOP gets called extreme because y'all fell in line behind a guy who literally says he wants to be a dictator and go on a revenge spree against fellow Americans. Used to be we could all agree that kind of stuff is blatantly extremist, but nowadays that's evidently not the case...

Bull***** The GOP was called extreme when even Dole ran for president.

Get a clue.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

The GOP gets called extreme because y'all fell in line behind a guy who literally says he wants to be a dictator and go on a revenge spree against fellow Americans. Used to be we could all agree that kind of stuff is blatantly extremist, but nowadays that's evidently not the case...
It's wild that George W was a insane warhawk that cost us trillions in a failed war and kicked off the patriot act., Obama furthered the war and weaponized the patriot act. He weaponized the vast majority of the federal government with hardcore democrat loyalists and left leaning sycophants.

Their actions are that of dictators but the media treats them like they were upstanding moral presidents.

But Trump, who was stonewalled at every turn is a dictator?

At some point you gotta realize you're evaluating the superficial idea of Trump established by the media instead of the end results and actions of Trump. You don't have to like or accept Trump...but don't pretend like you're up against Hitler 2.0...

Your worldview is just like Joy Reid. You're part of that culture and belief system.
HuMcK
JXL said:

HuMcK said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

He is right. The moderates and Reagan Democrats have left the Party. GOP is very extreme now. Just like Dems, very extreme.

Do you realize it is not enough for Trump to win but everyone has to drop out by NH??? Or they are sheeple, disloyal, RINOs, etc. Haley staying in is considered a negative? Before the Convention? That is not a choice.

Man, there are moments where it seems like you guys are on the verge of an epiphany about to actually figure stuff out...but then you throw in a line that shows you don't get it at all.

"Just like Dems"? You've lost your mind if you think current Dem leadership is as extreme as the GOPs. Of course there are some loonys on the fringe, but they are constantly made to sit down and shut up by Dem party leadership (as Repubs should have done long ago if they had any balls). Pick literally any metric you want, but my favorite one is how many major bipartisan bills Biden can boast as accomplishments, I believe it's four in just his first two years. How many did Trump have again? Oh right, zero. That's because Dems work towards the middle and reach across the aisle, but Trump/Repubs don't even bother to try.

Face facts: y'all let a raving lunatic take over your party, and you're sore about the fact that something similar hasn't happened on the other side, but you have to pretend like it's a "both sides" issue to assuage your guilt about the monster you helped create.

The fact that four bipartisan bills were passed under a Democrat and zero under a Republican shows that it is Republicans, not Democrats, who reach across the aisle, which is the exact opposite of what you said.

Name me one topic or policy issue the Republicans reached out to Dems to work on before COVID.

Dems tried to negotiate deals on immigration, even offering to pay for the wall, and Republicans balked (this has happened under multiple GOP Presidents now, Dems are even offering a deal on immigration right now). Dems tried to reach out about guns after yet another shooting (getting Trump's dumb ass to give the all time great on-camera quote "take the guns first, due process later"), and the GOP walked away. Dems constantly tried to make deals for infrastructure, which Trump constantly claimed to want, but it went nowhere ("its infrastructure week" became an actual joke).

The only big legislative achievement under Trump was a giant corporate tax cut that led to very meager economic growth (certainly far below waht was promised), and they only got that by using tricks to avoid a filibuster. So again, give me one example of the GOP under Trump abd before COVID actually reaching across the aisle to do anything.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

JXL said:

HuMcK said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

He is right. The moderates and Reagan Democrats have left the Party. GOP is very extreme now. Just like Dems, very extreme.

Do you realize it is not enough for Trump to win but everyone has to drop out by NH??? Or they are sheeple, disloyal, RINOs, etc. Haley staying in is considered a negative? Before the Convention? That is not a choice.

Man, there are moments where it seems like you guys are on the verge of an epiphany about to actually figure stuff out...but then you throw in a line that shows you don't get it at all.

"Just like Dems"? You've lost your mind if you think current Dem leadership is as extreme as the GOPs. Of course there are some loonys on the fringe, but they are constantly made to sit down and shut up by Dem party leadership (as Repubs should have done long ago if they had any balls). Pick literally any metric you want, but my favorite one is how many major bipartisan bills Biden can boast as accomplishments, I believe it's four in just his first two years. How many did Trump have again? Oh right, zero. That's because Dems work towards the middle and reach across the aisle, but Trump/Repubs don't even bother to try.

Face facts: y'all let a raving lunatic take over your party, and you're sore about the fact that something similar hasn't happened on the other side, but you have to pretend like it's a "both sides" issue to assuage your guilt about the monster you helped create.

The fact that four bipartisan bills were passed under a Democrat and zero under a Republican shows that it is Republicans, not Democrats, who reach across the aisle, which is the exact opposite of what you said.
Name me one topic or policy issue the Republicans reached out to Dems to work on before COVID.

Dems tried to negotiate deals on immigration, even offering to pay for the wall, and Republicans balked (this has happened under multiple GOP Presidents now, Dems are even offering a deal on immigration right now). Dems tried to reach out about guns after yet another shooting (getting Trump's dumb ass to give the all time great on-camera quote "take the guns first, due process later"), and the GOP walked away. Dems constantly tried to make deals for infrastructure, which Trump constantly claimed to want, but it went nowhere ("its infrastructure week" became an actual joke).

The only big legislative achievement under Trump was a giant corporate tax cut that led to very meager economic growth (certainly far below waht was promised), and they only got that by using tricks to avoid a filibuster. So again, give me one example of the GOP under Trump abd before COVID actually reaching across the aisle to do anything.
Have you considered or even looked into what Dems were trying to bargain for to make those deals happen? You would have to be insane to agree with them under their terms.

We need to agree to EXTREME terms that will lead to problems worse than the ones we're trying to fix to get a deal?

It's not as black and white as you're making it out to be.
I think you're being told that GOP is unreasonable and just buying it at face value without digging into the details.
The_barBEARian
Doc, you are wasting your time.

There are some leftists here that occassionally offer small bouts of rational thought.

Hmuck is not among them.

You just have to accept he is your enemy.
HuMcK
In other words: no, you cannot point to even one single example of the Trump GOP actually negotiating in any meaningful way Dems on any topic.

For whatever reason (personally I think it has something to do with modern politicized Christianity), Republicans have simply decided that only their ideology is legitimate, and they see no need to engage with fellow Americans who believe differently. It's a stark contrast to Biden's calls for unity and efforts to include Repubs in legislating.

Edit: case in point as if I wrote it myself, another poster steps in to explicitly call me "the enemy". Modern "conservatism" (i use the term loosely as it's lost most of its original meaning) has contracted a nasty, hateful mind virus. It started before him, but Trump is the purest manifestation of it this country has seen on ghe national stage.
The_barBEARian
You are so deceitful that if you swallowed your tongue the lies would keep flowing from your ass.
sombear
HuMcK said:

In other words: no, you cannot point to even one single example of the Trump GOP actually negotiating in any meaningful way Dems on any topic.

For whatever reason (personally I think it has something to do with modern politicized Christianity), Republicans have simply decided that only their ideology is legitimate, and they see no need to engage with fellow Americans who believe differently. It's a stark contrast to Biden's calls for unity and efforts to include Repubs in legislating.

Edit: case in point as if I wrote it myself, another poster steps in to explicitly call me "the enemy". Modern "conservatism" (i use the term loosely as it's lost most of its original meaning) has contracted a nasty, hateful mind virus. It started before him, but Trump is the purest manifestation of it this country has seen on ghe national stage.
I'm Never Again Trump, but he offered the Dems amnesty for more wall funding, and Dems rejected it. He also worked closely with Dems on criminal justice reform and on arming Ukraine. There were others also, such as various education and COVID initiatives.
HuMcK
sombear said:

HuMcK said:

I'm Never Again Trump, but he offered the Dems amnesty for more wall funding, and Dems rejected it. He also worked closely with Dems on criminal justice reform and on arming Ukraine. There were others also, such as various education and COVID initiatives.

I'm pretty sure you have that backwards. Dems offered the wall money in exchange for a path to citizenship for DREAM act people. What I recall is Trump wanted only a temprary extension of DACA (out to 2020, so he could use it as a campaign issue) and steep cuts to legal immigration quotas, but Dems said no, so he had the WH lobby against any deal.

I also don't have any recollection of him working with Dems (or Congress at all) on Ukraine aid. Those appropriations passed congress without WH support, and Trump ended up temporarily withholding some of the aid in an attempt to extort a bribe from Ukraine's President.
FLBear5630
Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Just out of curiosity, what's so extreme about the GOP now?

People not wanting doctors performing genital mutilation on 14 year olds?
For states to have the right to write their own abortion laws?
Parents not wanting teachers to push gender dysphoria onto their 8 years olds?
Wanting a secure border?
Not wanting to start of get involved in wars all over the world?
Stop fentanyl from flooding into our country?
Wanting the gov't to stop spending so much damn money?
Put in an end to human trafficking?
To limit the power of unelected bureaucrats in DC and make our representatives write legislation instead of letting the alphabet agencies issue regulation that are treated like law?

What do those things have to do with the how the Party conducts business? Everything you listed are subject matter to be discussed, debated, laws developed, consensus gathered and passed through votes of the whole Legislature. There are rules of order and legislative processes for a reason and have worked for 200+ years. There are Primaries/Caucuses in every State for a reason. Now, if everyone doesn't drop out of the election by the 2nd Primary they and their supporters are attacked. (If you prefer not to have to defend yourself to the MAGA hoard, you are a snowflake.) 99.9% of the Nation has not voted in the Primary, but we now have had a coronation. That is how MAGA works. Are you saying that the GOP is extreme because some Republicans opined that a candidate should drop out of the race? You and I have a different definition of "extreme"

There is supposed to be a choice, but not since Donald rolled in. Now the choice is taken away after 2 States! 2 small States at that. Iowa and NH represent 1.3% of the US population! Yet DeSantis is out. Christy is out. Scott is out. Donald and MAGA are offended that Haley doesn't drop out. That is extreme. Elections are about electing, not a coronation. You do realize that every election, backers of any given candidate call for the other to drop out of primaries. I guess this country has been so extreme for so long on both sides

Same with the Legislature, 8 Congressmen of 435 got rid of the House Leader, 1.8%. That is how MAGA rolls. That is extreme by any metric. There is no disagreeing or even seeing a different way forward or you end up being not only cancelled (the left's favorite toll) but attacked (the MAGA/Rights favorite tool). Actually just 8 congressmen didn't oust the house leader. It took more than half of Reps to vote him out. If more Republicans did a better job of getting elected, then the house leader probably wouldn't have been ousted, but you can count on democrats to vote against republicans all the time.

Trump may have had good policies, but there are many parts of his personality and character that scare the hell out of me with him in charge. His followers are even worse. Sad thing is he is still a better choice than Biden. Once again, you said "GOP is very extreme now", now you're talking about Trump.
I get it, you're butt hurt that Trump is going to be the nominee. He's not my first choice either, but I'm not going off the cliff and calling the entire GOP extreme.

I am butt-hurt over the Coronation is all. I do not like this naming a winner so early and the media falling in lock step, which influences future votes. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Then call for everyone to drop out after two Primaries and the GOP's forcing everyone to follow suit.

I want choices, not to be told this is your Nominee, it is good for you. You seem to be perfectly all right with being told who will win, say ok and falling in line, I prefer to be part of the decision process. But that is just me.
My God man, this happens EVERY primary. Not saying it's right, but it is what it is. You get a couple of front runners out of the gate early, the rest is left behind and they tend to start dropping like flies. They have to, their donors leave them and they don't have money to continue.

Trying to call the GOP extreme because some Republicans are saying that Haley should drop out, is well, ridiculous.
It is NH...

Usually, we start to consolidate after Super Tuesday.

Sorry, this is extreme. We are 1 week into Primaries and its over. This is a candidate that has 4 trials going on at the same time and has been banned in several States. It took the Supreme Court to get him a several ballots. Yet, shut it down? We don't need to hear from anyone else. Trump won, end of story. You don't find this odd?
No, I don't find it "odd" that some pundits and Republicans went on TV and said that Haley doesn't have a path to victory. What I find "extreme" is what Democrats did to Bernie Sanders in their primaries.

If Nikki Haley wants to keep going and she can convince her donors to keep the money flowing into her campaign, she's free to continue as long as she wants. No one is telling her that she's no allowed.

You're overreacting.
Yeah, it is business as usual to close up shop in January of an election year. Should pretty much cancel the remaining primaries and convention, not needed.
The_barBEARian
HuMcK said:

sombear said:

HuMcK said:

I'm pretty sure you have that backwards. Dems offered the wall money in exchange for a path to citizenship for DREAM act people. What I recall is Trump wanted only a temprary extension of DACA (out to 2020, so he could use it as a campaign issue) and steep cuts to legal immigration quotas, but Dems said no, so he had the WH lobby against any deal.

I also don't have any recollection of him working with Dems (or Congress at all) on Ukraine aid. Those appropriations passed congress without WH support, and Trump ended up temporarily withholding some of the aid in an attempt to extort a bribe from Ukraine's President.

Good.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Being against having a border wall unless you get something in return is EXTREME and radical…especially with millions crossing.

In other words democrats are saying "we're not going to address child trafficking, fentanyl, or dangerous people coming to our country that are all untraceable unless we get something in return".

The safety of US citizens supersedes everything else.

Brother PLEASE come back to reality! You're not putting the situation into perspective like I just did. You've got to start seeing the situation from a macro level.
Whiskey Pete
GrowlTowel said:

HuMcK said:

Get a clue.
I don't think Humck is old enough to know who Dole is
Whiskey Pete
HuMcK said:

JXL said:

HuMcK said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Gawd, you're the dumbest son of a ***** on here.

When negotiating funding for the wall, Democrats told Trump that they didn't want the dreamers to be deported. Trump told them he'd done one better and actually give the dreamers a path to citizenship. Democrats balked.

But why am I not surprised you're such an idiot. You were the only dumbass on here trying to defend Biden's fubar'd Afghanistan pull out - even when all the other liberals had the balls to admit Biden screwed up.
Whiskey Pete
FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Wanting a secure border?
To limit the power of unelected bureaucrats in DC and make our representatives write legislation instead of letting the alphabet agencies issue regulation that are treated like law?

What do those things have to do with the how the Party conducts business? Everything you listed are subject matter to be discussed, debated, laws developed, consensus gathered and passed through votes of the whole Legislature. There are rules of order and legislative processes for a reason and have worked for 200+ years. There are Primaries/Caucuses in every State for a reason. Now, if everyone doesn't drop out of the election by the 2nd Primary they and their supporters are attacked. (If you prefer not to have to defend yourself to the MAGA hoard, you are a snowflake.) 99.9% of the Nation has not voted in the Primary, but we now have had a coronation. That is how MAGA works. Are you saying that the GOP is extreme because some Republicans opined that a candidate should drop out of the race? You and I have a different definition of "extreme"

There is supposed to be a choice, but not since Donald rolled in. Now the choice is taken away after 2 States! 2 small States at that. Iowa and NH represent 1.3% of the US population! Yet DeSantis is out. Christy is out. Scott is out. Donald and MAGA are offended that Haley doesn't drop out. That is extreme. Elections are about electing, not a coronation. You do realize that every election, backers of any given candidate call for the other to drop out of primaries. I guess this country has been so extreme for so long on both sides

Same with the Legislature, 8 Congressmen of 435 got rid of the House Leader, 1.8%. That is how MAGA rolls. That is extreme by any metric. There is no disagreeing or even seeing a different way forward or you end up being not only cancelled (the left's favorite toll) but attacked (the MAGA/Rights favorite tool). Actually just 8 congressmen didn't oust the house leader. It took more than half of Reps to vote him out. If more Republicans did a better job of getting elected, then the house leader probably wouldn't have been ousted, but you can count on democrats to vote against republicans all the time.

Trump may have had good policies, but there are many parts of his personality and character that scare the hell out of me with him in charge. His followers are even worse. Sad thing is he is still a better choice than Biden. Once again, you said "GOP is very extreme now", now you're talking about Trump.
I get it, you're butt hurt that Trump is going to be the nominee. He's not my first choice either, but I'm not going off the cliff and calling the entire GOP extreme.

I am butt-hurt over the Coronation is all. I do not like this naming a winner so early and the media falling in lock step, which influences future votes. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Then call for everyone to drop out after two Primaries and the GOP's forcing everyone to follow suit.

I want choices, not to be told this is your Nominee, it is good for you. You seem to be perfectly all right with being told who will win, say ok and falling in line, I prefer to be part of the decision process. But that is just me.
My God man, this happens EVERY primary. Not saying it's right, but it is what it is. You get a couple of front runners out of the gate early, the rest is left behind and they tend to start dropping like flies. They have to, their donors leave them and they don't have money to continue.

Trying to call the GOP extreme because some Republicans are saying that Haley should drop out, is well, ridiculous.
It is NH...

Sorry, this is extreme. We are 1 week into Primaries and its over. This is a candidate that has 4 trials going on at the same time and has been banned in several States. It took the Supreme Court to get him a several ballots. Yet, shut it down? We don't need to hear from anyone else. Trump won, end of story. You don't find this odd?
No, I don't find it "odd" that some pundits and Republicans went on TV and said that Haley doesn't have a path to victory. What I find "extreme" is what Democrats did to Bernie Sanders in their primaries.

If Nikki Haley wants to keep going and she can convince her donors to keep the money flowing into her campaign, she's free to continue as long as she wants. No one is telling her that she's no allowed.

You're overreacting.
Yeah, it is business as usual to close up shop in January of an election year. Should pretty much cancel the remaining primaries and convention, not needed.

Gawd, you're a drama queen. No one is closing up the primary. Man, you are seriously butt hurt. You may need to have that checked out by a proctologist
sombear
HuMcK said:

sombear said:

HuMcK said:

You're wrong on all fronts
boognish_bear
Polarizing

KaiBear
HuMcK said:

You people are flat out insane if you believe that, "extremist" even. So, thank you for illustrating my point for me I guess.

There's a reason independents and moderates are fleeing your extremist party in droves. Even DeSantis gets it now at this point, and that's saying something. Bobby Jindal even tried telling y'all back in like 2012, for all the good it did...

And of course you ignored the reality of Millions of illegals entering our country.

You just don't care.
Think somehow you are immune to the ramifications.

So bloody stupid.
HuMcK
I actually looked it up right after posting, and I was right (about both topics), so...

Dems started out as the ones making the immigration offer while a bill was being crafted in the Senate. Eventually later on down the line, after rejecting it previously, Trump tried to get the same deal as part of a package to end a government shutdown, and at that point Dems said no.
FLBear5630
Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Wanting a secure border?

It is NH...

You're overreacting.

Gawd, you're a drama queen. No one is closing up the primary. Man, you are seriously butt hurt. You may need to have that checked out by a proctologist

Tell you what. I will go to a proctologist, and you can hit a vet. I am sure there is one that deals with Sheeple- Baaaa... Let's see what Rona and Donald tell you to believe next.
Whiskey Pete
FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Wanting a secure border?

It is NH...

You're overreacting.

Tell you what. I will go to a proctologist, and you can hit a vet. I am sure there is one that deals with Sheeple- Baaaa... Let's see what Rona and Donald tell you to believe next.
What part of "I'm a DeSantis guy" do you not understand? We all knew Trump would win the nomination, it's no surprise. I choose not to get butt hurt over it and act like a drama queen about the whole primary.
boognish_bear
The_barBEARian
boognish_bear said:

Speaking for myself, if the democrats would do a few important, common sense changes to remove 95% of voter fraud risk, I would shut up about stolen elections.

Democrats want to regulate the hell out of everything but elections.

Instead they arrest anyone who questions why our elections are run so cavalierly and are so vulnerable to corruption.
JXL
HuMcK said:

JXL said:

HuMcK said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

You said there were four bipartisan bills passed under a Democratic president, and you're now asking when Republicans reached across the aisle? Um, maybe to pass those four bipartisan bills under a Democratic president?
HuMcK
That's not reaching across the aisle, that's accepting an invite.

I don't get what's so hard to understand here: the party in power sets the agenda, they are the ones who do the reaching. When Trump had his tricecta, there was no reaching, no invitations to help craft legislation. Under the Biden trifecta, Dems made deliberate efforts to loop in Republicans, so they could help shape legislation to accommodate their priorities as well. This led to an infrastructure bill (i.e. Biden fulfilling a promise Trump made), gun legislation that wasn't crazy, the CHIPs act, etc.
boognish_bear
KaiBear
Trump enforced Federal immigration laws.

Biden has repeatedly failed to enforce existing immigration laws. Biden has encouraged illegal immigration by publicly announcing free food, shelter and medical care for all illegals.

Biden should be impeached.
The_barBEARian
boognish_bear said:

Well if JAKE SHERMON said it on Twitter it must be true!
boognish_bear
The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

Well if JAKE SHERMON said it on Twitter it must be true!

Fox News repeating it

boognish_bear
Sam Lowry
Whiskey Pete said:

HuMcK said:

GOP gets called extreme because the wacko radical left, like yourself, has moved the moderate needle so far to the left, that anyone who believes grown ass men shouldn't be allowed to share a bathroom where young girls go, you nutjobs believe they're a threat to democracy.
That used to be the reason. We gave them a better one.
boognish_bear
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

Whiskey Pete said:

HuMcK said:

GOP gets called extreme because the wacko radical left, like yourself, has moved the moderate needle so far to the left, that anyone who believes grown ass men shouldn't be allowed to share a bathroom where young girls go, you nutjobs believe they're a threat to democracy.
That used to be the reason. We gave them a better one.
Yep, being against forced vaccinations and mask mandates is pretty extreme to the liberal Covidians
Sam Lowry
GrowlTowel said:

HuMcK said:

Get a clue.
Fallacy of the wolf.
The_barBEARian
boognish_bear said:

Is anyone suppose to feel sorry for Nicki Haley trillionaire military industrial complex donors?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.