Poll shows DeSantis and Haley would both perform better than Trump against Biden

26,473 Views | 550 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by boognish_bear
The_barBEARian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:

Or we should get our troops out of there and let Israel fight its own wars.
Doc Holliday
Trump leads Biden in every aggregated poll there is.

FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

So you disagree with her. You think that removing our troops after Iran killing our troops will create a more peaceful situation?? Wow. That will do the opposite, they will start killing Americans to get whatever they want.
The_barBEARian
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

So you disagree with her. You think that removing our troops after Iran killing our troops will create a more peaceful situation?? Wow. That will do the opposite, they will start killing Americans to get whatever they want.

If you personally want to fly over to the other side of the world w/ your own weapons and money to fight some muslims, go for it! You might even earn my moral support!

Unless Alaska, Hawaii, or the continental United States are attacked I am not supporting any wars ever again.

We should be devoting our military to defending OUR borders.
boognish_bear
Biden has Swift and Trump has Snoop

Guy Noir
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

If you personally want to fly over to the other side of the world w/ your own weapons and money to fight some muslims, go for it! You might even earn my moral support!

Unless Alaska, Hawaii, or the continental United States are attacked I am not supporting any wars ever again.

Have you heard of 9/11?

What do you think of the 10
US citizens that were taken hostage in Israel or the US citizen's killed in Oct 6-7 of this year who is were attending a music festival?
boognish_bear
The_barBEARian
Guy Noir said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

Have you heard of 9/11?

What do you think of the 10
US citizens that were taken hostage in Israel or the US citizen's killed in Oct 6-7 of this year who is were attending a music festival?

We were attacked on 9/11. That attack occurred on American soil. Unfortunately the idiots running the show at the time were completely incompetent at killing our enemies in a targeted, strategic manner and instead seemly wasted American treasure and manpower and bogged us down in multiple futile efforts at national building.

As for the people taken and killed what am I suppose to think? It's sad but I imagine most if not all were Israeli citizens. I think Israel was responsible for their safety and security and Israel should be held accountable for their rescue. If 10 innocent Israelis were killed or captured inside the continental US, we, Americans, should be responsible for their rescue and wellbeing.

Here is a hot take for you, I dont believe in dual citizenship. How can you be equally loyal to two countries? You will always love one more than the other and be willing to put the interests of one country above the other country.
boognish_bear
FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

I did my 5 years and went to the other side of the world. I am too old now, it is a young man's game

There is a difference going after those that harm your own. US should absolutely be on the Europe, Horn of Africa, Korea, & Japan. In the Red Sea, Straights of Homuz, Taiwan Straight, South China Sea, and Med. Those areas of National concern and I am all for a larger, better Navy and AF. Army and Marines? I can see an argument for a more defensive department. But someone kills one of ours, you kill the people that did it and those that gave the order. You chase them down to the ends of the Earth. You make it so much a losing proposition they find someone else to bother.
boognish_bear
The_barBEARian
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

I did my 5 years and went to the other side of the world. I am too old now, it is a young man's game

There is a difference going after those that harm your own. US should absolutely be on the Europe, Horn of Africa, Korea, & Japan. In the Red Sea, Straights of Homuz, Taiwan Straight, South China Sea, and Med. Those areas of National concern and I am all for a larger, better Navy and AF. Army and Marines? I can see an argument for a more defensive department. But someone kills one of ours, you kill the people that did it and those that gave the order. You chase them down to the ends of the Earth. You make it so much a losing proposition they find someone else to bother.

This is the fundamental difference between Pro-Trump conservatives and the Never-Trump Uniparty Republicans.

The uniparty, Never-Trump folks want our military defending every other place on earth other than our own borders. It is brain dead suicidal foreign policy.
FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

This is the fundamental difference between Pro-Trump conservatives and the Never-Trump Uniparty Republicans.

The uniparty, Never-Trump folks want our military defending every other place on earth other than our own borders. It is brain dead suicidal foreign policy.
Freedom of Navigation is a legitimate mission. If the US doesn't keep the Straits open, who will? Time to live in the real world, there are only 2 nations with the resources to keep a market economy and basic freedoms in place, the US and China. If the US doesn't do it, China will. But the MAGA people don't seem to think that is an issue. Only defend our shores, well we better be ready to go to a different economy because as soon as we back down, China will take over the position we hold. Things are not getting better with Xi calling the shots for the world economy.
The_barBEARian
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

Freedom of Navigation is a legitimate mission. If the US doesn't keep the Straits open, who will? Time to live in the real world, there are only 2 nations with the resources to keep a market economy and basic freedoms in place, the US and China. If the US doesn't do it, China will. But the MAGA people don't seem to think that is an issue. Only defend our shores, well we better be ready to go to a different economy because as soon as we back down, China will take over the position we hold. Things are not getting better with Xi calling the shots for the world economy.

How about we make a strategic retreat, re-secure our lost border, and deport the millions and millions of foreign invaders who have entered our country... then... and only then... should we re-visit the topic of freedom of navigation, etc.

Mb you've been living under a rock, but we have been living in a different economy for a few decades now caused by asinine, profilgate over-spending. This is no longer the America of the 1990ties.
The_barBEARian
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

I would encourage you and the other never-Trump warmonger, globalists to challenge your beliefs and watch this excellent interview Tucker just released:

boognish_bear
The_barBEARian
boognish_bear said:

And she wants to double defense spending to $1.5 trillion per year + go to war with Iran.

I think that will add a lot more than 10% onto the American tax payer.

These morons admit China is an enemy but won't do anything to oppose them.

FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

How about we make a strategic retreat, re-secure our lost border, and deport the millions and millions of foreign invaders who have entered our country... then... and only then... should we re-visit the topic of freedom of navigation, etc.

Mb you've been living under a rock, but we have been living in a different economy for a few decades now caused by asinine, profilgate over-spending. This is no longer the America of the 1990ties.
Take a look through history, when has "cutting expenses" ever made a difference in our debt? Almost every time we were able to climb out of financial distress, I may put out there everyone, it was the result of increased revenue. The only way out of this mess is more revenue, not turtling up and giving world leadership to China (our top competitior)
The_barBEARian
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

Take a look through history, when has "cutting expenses" ever made a difference in our debt? Almost every time we were able to climb out of financial distress, I may put out there everyone, it was the result of increased revenue. The only way out of this mess is more revenue, not turtling up and giving world leadership to China (our top competitior)

When is the last time we had a $35 trillion debt?

Yeah... I think we are in unprecedented territory and some cost-cutting may be necessary.
FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

Yeah... I think we are in unprecented territory and some cost-cutting may be necessary.
Actually, we were in a worst position after WW2.

But that is irrelevant. The US needs more access to markets and more revenue sources, not less which is what pulling our Navy, AF and Troops out of allies areas. You really see the US tightening the belt? What percent can we cut and still maintain obligations? 1 to 2% How many Administrations will it take? You going to get multiple Administrations to cut 2% of their budget for the 25 years or so it will take? And Trump is going to lead this endeavor?

Sorry, my observation has been we are better off using the strategy to focus on increasing revenues. You can make more hay expanding the revenue base then cutting small percents of spending
The_barBEARian
Bottom line, your way hasn't worked since the 90ties.

We haven't been able to out-grow our spending since the 90ties.

Your way failed and if you are continuing to support massive foreign aid, defense, and entitlement spending you are part of the problem with this country.

*edit* and yes I have more faith in Trump reducing the debt than the uniparty that put us in this mess to begin with. But even if spending isn't cut under Trump I have more faith that the money will go towards things that will have a direct benefit on me and my family bcs he did exactly that when he was President.
FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

Your way failed and if you are continuing to support massive foreign aid, defense, and entitlement spending you are part of the problem with this country.

*edit* and yes I have more faith in Trump reducing the debt than the uniparty that put us in this mess to begin with. But even if spending isn't cut under Trump I have more faith that the money will go towards things that will have a direct benefit on me and my family bcs he did exactly that when he was President.

Have you looked at the 125 years? There have been 2 Presidents that have lowered the National Debt in office.

Calvin Cooledge - 17.9%
Warren G Harding - 7%

That is it. Even Truman was up .02%

Trump raised it 33.3%

Actually, if this was you #1 issue you would be voting for Biden. He raised it 8.8%. Biden is down in Ike-land. Ouch...

But, we can't let facts get in the way of MAGA, can we. So, Donald is the champion of reduced spending. Wow, you guys can talk yourselves into anything.

Don't tell me, the US Treasury and Investopedia are Biden stooges making up lies...

You really think we will get the next 6 Administrations to cut spending to pay off the debt? It will take 6 Administrations because even a 2% cuts no one is winning reelection!

U.S. Debt by President: Dollar and Percentage (investopedia.com)
Knight Bear
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

Yeah... I think we are in unprecented territory and some cost-cutting may be necessary.
Not to get into this fight (I can't support Biden or Trump - period - as both are BAD for this country and it's a joke that we are in this position), but just want to point out that $35 trillion today is not the same as $35 trillion 10, 25, 50 years from now or that many years ago. Comparing the debt now to debt during other times in history is not comparing apples to apples unless you factor in real dollars after inflation over the years. For instance, most of our parents have cars that are worth 2 or 3 times what the home they grew up in was worth (if not 10 times or more). Shoot, it seems like a $100 bill is the new $20 bill from when I was a teenager.
Knight Bear
That said, we are in a bad place...

FLBear5630
Knight Bear said:

That said, we are in a bad place...

No doubt. But we are not cutting spending and clipping coupons out of this one. This is going to require new revenues, either expanded markets, new resources (Space?), or higher corporate or sales taxes (Not going to happen, hopefully).

Time to look to the Private sector models of trying to raise revenue 15% rather than cutting spend 1/2%.

boognish_bear
The_barBEARian
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Have you looked at the 125 years? There have been 2 Presidents that have lowered the National Debt in office.

Calvin Cooledge - 17.9%
Warren G Harding - 7%

Trump raised it 33.3%

Actually, if this was you #1 issue you would be voting for Biden. He raised it 8.8%. Biden is down in Ike-land. Ouch...

But, we can't let facts get in the way of MAGA, can we. So, Donald is the champion of reduced spending. Wow, you guys can talk yourselves into anything.

Don't tell me, the US Treasury and Investopedia are Biden stooges making up lies...

You really think we will get the next 6 Administrations to cut spending to pay off the debt? It will take 6 Administrations because even a 2% cuts no one is winning reelection!

The stark reality is we are going to default on our debt and its going to happen soon.

I'd rather not conflate defaulting on the debt with open borders and foreign wars that bring no benefit to the American tax payer.

And also, admittedly I dont want to keep kicking the can down the road on our debt. I want the default to happen while you and others who selfishly supported putting us in this debt trap are still around to feel the pain.
FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Calvin Cooledge - 17.9%
Warren G Harding - 7%

Trump raised it 33.3%

The stark reality is we are going to default on our debt and its going to happen soon.

I'd rather not conflate defaulting on the debt with open borders and foreign wars that bring no benefit to the American tax payer.

And also, admittedly I dont want to keep kicking the can down the road on our debt. I want the default to happen while you and others who selfishly supported putting us in this debt trap are still around to feel the pain.
I agree on the Border and most of the Biden policies.

As for those of us that supported it? Take a look at the article. Since Teddy Roosevelt there have been about 18 years (Truman, Coolidge and Harding) that we were not spending growing debt. Everyone is a party to that number, including you my friend. I prefer to find ways to increase revenue and not default.

As for kicking it down the road, as long as the cash flow is there it is not a problem. It is a big expense, but not a problem. Look up cash flow model, that is the only answer. Lower debt slowly over time and maintain cash flow to manage expenses. That is the way most Governments operate without trust funds...
The_barBEARian
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Calvin Cooledge - 17.9%
Warren G Harding - 7%

Trump raised it 33.3%

As for those of us that supported it? Take a look at the article. Since Teddy Roosevelt there have been about 18 years (Truman, Coolidge and Harding) that we were not spending growing debt. Everyone is a party to that number, including you my friend. I prefer to find ways to increase revenue and not default.

As for kicking it down the road, as long as the cash flow is there it is not a problem. It is a big expense, but not a problem. Look up cash flow model, that is the only answer. Lower debt slowly over time and maintain cash flow to manage expenses. That is the way most Governments operate without trust funds...

For every dollar I have ever received from our government, I have paid back at least $1,000 to them.

I've never taken welfare or medicaid. I never received any TPP money during COVID. Nor have I had the pleasure of being paid to gallivant around the world on the tax payer's dime playing soldier boy.

And for all my efforts at being a model citizen and being a net contributor, I have been demonized for being a straight, white man and had my savings constantly assaulted by waves of inflation.

I am not the problem nor have I ever been the problem. But I am willing to take it on the chin and take the metaphorical bullet that would result from defaulting on our national debt so that future generations arent left to do so.
FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Calvin Cooledge - 17.9%
Warren G Harding - 7%

Trump raised it 33.3%

For every dollar I have ever received from our government, I have paid back at least $1,000 to them.

I've never taken welfare or medicaid. I never received any TPP money during COVID. Nor have I had the pleasure of being paid to gallivant around the world on the tax payer's dime playing soldier boy.

And for all my efforts at being a model citizen and being a net contributor, I have been demonized for being a straight, white man and had my savings constantly assaulted by waves of inflation.

I am not the problem nor have I ever been the problem. But I am willing to take it on the chin and take the metaphorical bullet that would result from defaulting on our national debt so that future generations arent left to do so.

We all benefit from Govt spending, it is not a bad thing. The govt spending better benefit. That's the purpose of Govt, when it stops benefitting it gets changed. It is not hand out. Geez, we have gotten to the point where benefitting from Govt is considered a bad thing.
whiterock
4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

So, let me get this straight....You Trumper's are going to vote for a "Loser". He managed to loose the Presidency , The House and the Senate. What makes you guys think anything will be different?
maybe he can tighten up
And he is. The smart donors are coming on board. Eventually, JR will, too. He's politically brilliant, you know.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/30/trump-big-donors-00138498
whiterock
boognish_bear said:

....except he is, at the moment.....
Realitybites
Quote:

You think that removing our troops after Iran killing our troops will create a more peaceful situation?? Wow. That will do the opposite, they will start killing Americans to get whatever they want.

That was precisely what Ronald Reagan did after the Marine barracks bombing in Lebanon, and it was absolutely the right thing to do.

Know when to hold them, know when to fold them.

Dangling a small contingent of soldiers in eastern Syria as bait for jihadi drones is *dumb*.
Realitybites
Quote:

Agreed. The question is who is this default going to be against. It isn't going to be a default on what is owed to politicians, or kickbacks to the MIC, Pharma, Welfare Recepients or Illegal Aliens. It's going to be a default on what is owed to you and I outright (social security and medicare) as well as an overall default against a middle class who is trapped in the national currency.
Realitybites
whiterock said:

boognish_bear said:

....except he is, at the moment.....
I like Trump, voted for him twice, volunteered for his campaign, and he was one of my top three "disruptor" choices along with RDS and RFK. I'll vote for him a third time. I loathe Nikki Haley as much as Hillary Clinton; Haley might have stronger authoritarian tendencies than even Clinton. Her political ambitions have to be crushed here and now so that she can slink back to woke board rooms to collect her brown chick tax.

That having been said, I have serious doubts as to whether the Democrats, establishment Republicans, and the legal system will allow him to be sworn in 1/2025...now whether that comes through a kangaroo court + a conviction + jail time to try and influence the election, more fraudulent junk mail ballots, limiting the number of electors he can have by excluding him from ballots to throw the election to a Congress that will choose Haley or Harris, or outright assassination I don't know.

We underestimate the degree to which assassination/attempted assassination of political figures by the deep state has affected the body politic (JFK, RFK, an attempt on Reagan's life). Let's hope that nothing like this happens, but if it does happen it's important to keep this in mind as it won't likely be a random event carried out by some lunatic leftist.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.