Poll shows DeSantis and Haley would both perform better than Trump against Biden

26,505 Views | 550 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by boognish_bear
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Realitybites said:

Quote:

You think that removing our troops after Iran killing our troops will create a more peaceful situation?? Wow. That will do the opposite, they will start killing Americans to get whatever they want.

That was precisely what Ronald Reagan did after the Marine barracks bombing in Lebanon, and it was absolutely the right thing to do.

Know when to hold them, know when to fold them.

Dangling a small contingent of soldiers in eastern Syria as bait for jihadi drones is *dumb*.
Good point.

Can't argue about the fact Reagan did it.
The_barBEARian
Realitybites said:

Quote:

The stark reality is we are going to default on our debt and its going to happen soon.
I'd rather not conflate defaulting on the debt with open borders and foreign wars that bring no benefit to the American tax payer.

And also, admittedly I dont want to keep kicking the can down the road on our debt. I want the default to happen while you and others who selfishly supported putting us in this debt trap are still around to feel the pain.

Agreed. The question is who is this default going to be against. It isn't going to be a default on what is owed to politicians, or kickbacks to the MIC, Pharma, Welfare Recepients or Illegal Aliens. It's going to be a default on what is owed to you and I outright (social security and medicare) as well as an overall default against a middle class who is trapped in the national currency.

Agree. The productive, contributing members of society are going to be the biggest losers per usual.

Besides the elimination of social security and medicare, I own treasury bonds. I'm sure everyone on this board does as well. But if the money is gone, the money is gone. We all made a poor investment.

Hopefully the fallout results in decentralized government that removes power from a handful of geriatric DC oligarchs and the braindead welfare state mob and puts power back in the hand of hardworking people.

whiterock
Realitybites said:

whiterock said:

boognish_bear said:

....except he is, at the moment.....
I like Trump, voted for him twice, volunteered for his campaign, and he was one of my top three "disruptor" choices along with RDS and RFK. I'll vote for him a third time. I loathe Nikki Haley as much as Hillary Clinton; Haley might have stronger authoritarian tendencies than even Clinton. Her political ambitions have to be crushed here and now so that she can slink back to woke board rooms to collect her brown chick tax.

That having been said, I have serious doubts as to whether the Democrats, establishment Republicans, and the legal system will allow him to be sworn in 1/2025...now whether that comes through a kangaroo court + a conviction + jail time to try and influence the election, more fraudulent junk mail ballots, limiting the number of electors he can have by excluding him from ballots to throw the election to a Congress that will choose Haley or Harris, or outright assassination I don't know.

We underestimate the degree to which assassination/attempted assassination of political figures by the deep state has affected the body politic (JFK, RFK, an attempt on Reagan's life). Let's hope that nothing like this happens, but if it does happen it's important to keep this in mind as it won't likely be a random event carried out by some lunatic leftist.
If that is the case, we need to confirm it, not presume it to be so and pre-emptively submit.

If he's ahead outside the margin of fraud (3 or more points), they will not risk trying to steal it. Impossible to hide a margin that big. And if they try to take him out before inauguration....well, they know what will happen at that point and they will not risk it.....
The_barBEARian
I was thinking 5 points... obviously the larger Trump's margin of victory the more difficult it is for them to steal it... it requires more accomplices, more hush money, more forged documents, etc.

They could have tried to unify the country after 2020 and said ok Republicans we understand you are concerned about our election integrity so we are willing to compromise with you and restore some of the common sense voter regulations we used to have before we dismantled them.... instead they choose to politically persecute and jail their political opponents
Sam Lowry
The_barBEARian said:

They could have tried to unify the country after 2020 and said ok Republicans we understand you are concerned about our election integrity so we are willing to compromise with you and restore some of the common sense voter regulations we used to have before we dismantled them....
Trump could have raised those issues before November of 2020, but he chose not to. Most likely because he knew they wouldn't win him the election and he could make more hay with false claims of fraud after the fact. He's done as much as anyone to divide the country.
FormerFlash
Sam Lowry said:

The_barBEARian said:

They could have tried to unify the country after 2020 and said ok Republicans we understand you are concerned about our election integrity so we are willing to compromise with you and restore some of the common sense voter regulations we used to have before we dismantled them....
Trump could have raised those issues before November of 2020, but he chose not to. Most likely because he knew they wouldn't win him the election and he could make more hay with false claims of fraud after the fact. He's done as much as anyone to divide the country.
There it is again. The 3D chess argument for Trump. To those that hate him he is simultaneously a nefarious genius working back channels to collude with foreign powers and install himself as US dictator supreme, and also a buffoon who's too stupid to hire competent lawyers, know when to shut his mouth, wanted to nuke a hurricane, and drink bleach to beat covid.
Sic Everyone.
muddybrazos

This video raised an interesting yet believable theory about Trump. Since Israel is almost certainly dead set on dragging us into war with Iran they need Trump back in so the reds will join up. I dont find this too hard to believe even if the deep state hates Trump they might be willing to live with him so they can get the military beefed back up for war.
HuMcK
FormerFlash said:

Sam Lowry said:

The_barBEARian said:

There it is again. The 3D chess argument for Trump. To those that hate him he is simultaneously a nefarious genius working back channels to collude with foreign powers and install himself as US dictator supreme, and also a buffoon who's too stupid to hire competent lawyers, know when to shut his mouth, wanted to nuke a hurricane, and drink bleach to beat covid.

It doesn't take a genius to accept help from the enemy (which the Trump campaign objectively did, recall this email to Don Jr: "This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump"). In fact, there's a strong argument to be made that Trump was/is too stupid to see what he was getting caught up in while it was happening, and he really only got away with the coverup because the rest of the GOP and their propaganda apparatus went all in to help make it happen (case in point: I bet that if you respond it will involve the word "hoax").

Frankly, a smarter and more calculating Trump might have pulled off his auto-coup in 2021 too.

Reminds me of the quote from a Ukrainian soldier about the Russians: "We are lucky that they are so fcking stupid".
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Polls....polls....everywhere polls

FLBear5630
boognish_bear said:

Come on, you know all the women in the Suburbs and young educated women are going to vote Trump. They are going to forget everything, put on their red hats and go MAGA.
boognish_bear
FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Come on, you know all the women in the Suburbs and young educated women are going to vote Trump. They are going to forget everything, put on their red hats and go MAGA.

FormerFlash
Polls really mean nothing with these two morons running against each other. No one asked is saying who they'd actually vote for because it's embarrassing, either way. Trump has traditionally outperformed polls because saying you supported Trump was so frowned upon people lied and then still voted for him. Biden's performance while in office has been so abysmal, he'll likely see some of the same effect.

When push comes to shove, most Dems will hold their nose and vote Biden and most Reps will do the same for Trump. The middle is another story. Do they dislike Trump enough to vote 4 more years of this Biden dumpster fire or are they so tired of inflation and a down economy/foreign wars that they figure we're better off going back to asshat Trump where at least the economy was up and we weren't in conflict overseas.

Throw out all the polls. If it's Trump vs. Biden it's likely a coin toss.
Sic Everyone.
FLBear5630
Judge dismisses Disney lawsuit against DeSantis
A federal judge has dismissed the Walt Disney Co.'s lawsuit against Gov. Ron DeSantis, saying the company's argument that it was unlawfully punished over free speech lacked merit.

The suit, filed last spring, argued that the governor acted impermissibly by disbanding the Reedy Creek Improvement District a tax-exempt community development district that oversaw much of the governance of the land on which Disney World sits and replacing it with a new oversight board.

Disney had argued DeSantis made the move in retaliation for company leaders publicly criticizing the Parental Rights in Education Act, commonly referred to as the Don't Say Gay bill.

Well, DeSantis won again... Yet, we want Donald who can't win even when he has a case!
GrowlTowel
FLBear5630 said:

A federal judge has dismissed the Walt Disney Co.'s lawsuit against Gov. Ron DeSantis, saying the company's argument that it was unlawfully punished over free speech lacked merit.

The suit, filed last spring, argued that the governor acted impermissibly by disbanding the Reedy Creek Improvement District a tax-exempt community development district that oversaw much of the governance of the land on which Disney World sits and replacing it with a new oversight board.

Disney had argued DeSantis made the move in retaliation for company leaders publicly criticizing the Parental Rights in Education Act, commonly referred to as the Don't Say Gay bill.

Well, DeSantis won again... Yet, we want Donald who can't win even when he has a case!
Won again? He lost biggly in Iowa and dropped out.
FLBear5630
GrowlTowel said:

FLBear5630 said:

Won again? He lost biggly in Iowa and dropped out.
Yeah, he lost the election. He is as charismatic as a rock. Too bad, he is effective as hell and would definitely not leave himself open to Trump type crap.
The_barBEARian
DeSantis is one of the very few "establishment" Republicans that I would have been happy voting for.

The problem with Desantis isn't policy or bonafides...its that he has no charisma... no swag... no drip or whatever
FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

DeSantis is one of the very few "establishment" Republicans that I would have been happy voting for.

The problem with Desantis isn't policy or bonafides...its that he has no charisma... no swag... no drip or whatever
You got that right. I will say this, if he takes on something he is damn sure he has the legal high ground.
The_barBEARian
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

You got that right. I will say this, if he takes on something he is damn sure he has the legal high ground.

And it will be a cold day in hell before I vote for Nicki Haley.

Nicki Haley = Joe Biden.

Zero difference between the two.
boognish_bear
She's really hammering on the Kamala angle now

FormerFlash
It's too bad we've decided that personality is more important that actually governing well. Lincoln never would have been elected.

We should vote for the guy or gal who can get the job done. Things like personality, likeability, etc are overrated.
Sic Everyone.
Guy Noir
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Nicki Haley = Joe Biden.

Your generalizations are way off.
FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Nicki Haley = Joe Biden.

Have you actually looked at their positions and what they did? I know Bannon wants you to not like Haley, but she is more conservative than Trump!
boognish_bear
KaiBear
FormerFlash said:

It's too bad we've decided that personality is more important that actually governing well. Lincoln never would have been elected.

We should vote for the guy or gal who can get the job done. Things like personality, likeability, etc are overrated.

If we really wanted our electorate to vote logically; should have never given women the vote.
sombear
I mean with this war chest what could possibly go wrong?

4th and Inches
FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

they might be..

Rich Baris did a recent poll at the end of 2023 where he found- In a two-way hypothetical matchup, Trump initially leads Biden 43.7% to 41.7% with 14.6% reporting to be undecided. However, when asked to decide, voters on the fence broke for Trump 51.9% to 48.1%. Overall, Trump leads Biden with a first-ever majority margin, 51.3% to 48.7%.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
4th and Inches
boognish_bear said:

She's really hammering on the Kamala angle now

she probably paid for that whinnnypeg poll
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
boognish_bear
FormerFlash
boognish_bear said:

What a sickening waste of money.
Sic Everyone.
boognish_bear
FormerFlash said:

boognish_bear said:

What a sickening waste of money.
I guess if he becomes a legit candidate in 2028 maybe some of this spent money this year helped him get there, but I agree it's an obscene amount of money that could have done more good spent elsewhere.
The_barBEARian
I'm a MAGA guy through and through, but I think speak for most when I say we all still like Ron. No bridges were burned.

His political star has been ascending for years now and he had to capitalize by running for President or risk fading into obscurity. He ran a fairly clean campaign and got out at the right time. He is still in a good place for 2028 unless Tucker decides to run.
Guy Noir
The_barBEARian said:

I'm a MAGA guy through and through, but I think speak for most when I say we all still like Ron. No bridges were burned.

His political star has been ascending for years now and he had to capitalize by running for President or risk fading into obscurity. He ran a fairly clean campaign and got out at the right time. He is still in a good place for 2028 unless Tucker decides to run.
Trumps VP would be the one in the drivers seat in 2028. That is, if Trump decides to relinquish office at that time.

I suggest you evaluate candidates with respect to qualifications and platform rather than classifying yourself as MAGA.
FormerFlash
I've said for years if I were in charge of things I'd change the entire system for how this is all done. No more PACs, no more soft money, no more candidates funding their own campaigns. Have 10 nationally televised debates based on a small number of issues. A foreign policy debate, a national debt debate, a healthcare debate, etc. Make these candidates go on record with what their plans are to address these key areas. No more dodging a question here or there. Candidates, we have a whole 2 hours tonight on nothing but foreign policy. Buckle up. Single or few issue voters can tune into the debates that most interest them to get answers to their questions and tune out the rest. The hardcore people and analysts can watch them all.

Then, in the ballot box, don't list names or party affiliation. Just list their platforms on each of these key areas. Vote for the candidate that best fits what you want to see happen. Then, once they're in office, they're firmly on record and the American people can hold them accountable to following through on campaign promises.

Quickly summed up, but that's my idea in a nutshell.
Sic Everyone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.