Poll shows DeSantis and Haley would both perform better than Trump against Biden

26,501 Views | 550 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by boognish_bear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

Is anyone suppose to feel sorry for Nicki Haley trillionaire military industrial complex donors?

I don't think it's about feeling sorry for Haley....it's about Trump actively turning off potential voters he will need in the general
boognish_bear
4th and Inches
boognish_bear said:

that is interesting
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

Is anyone suppose to feel sorry for Nicki Haley trillionaire military industrial complex donors?
Feel sorry?

This is the same women that he raved about when in his Cabinet and not only didn't want her to leave her position asked her to keep coming back in a different role open. She left him on her terms, one of the only ones to get out of the first Trump Administration unscathed.

Now, she is a "bird brain"? He appointed her and put her in a key diplomatic role in front of the world.

Also, love the strong arm tactics.

You guys really think this is going to win over the Independents and people that voted for Biden in a General Election? This type of tactic is going to play well and convince them to vote Trump? This is going to help close the 7 million vote gap? Or move a traditionally Blue State in his camp?

He is playing to the base he already has. As Trump said, he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and many on this Board and MAGA would vote for him (probably say the person being shot deserved it.).
KaiBear
Trump can be convicted of any number of the state and federal indictments against him.

Yet Nikki is the 'bird brain ' ?

Trump could be a convicted felon on Election Day but Nikki is the weaker candidate ?

Come on people.

Connect the dots.
Mothra
boognish_bear said:

Way to win over those moderates and independents, Donald. No doubt, alienating anyone who may have been on the fence about voting for you is a swell idea, especially when you badly need those people just to squeak out a win, and when the Dems have about 100 million dollars more than you do.

Can't believe some of you think this man is going to win the general.
Mothra
The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

Well if JAKE SHERMON said it on Twitter it must be true!
Perhaps, but is it truly that unbelievable that Don would put his own interests before the country's.

That was a rhetorical question. No need to answer.
Mothra
HuMcK said:

The GOP gets called extreme because y'all fell in line behind a guy who literally says he wants to be a dictator and go on a revenge spree against fellow Americans. Used to be we could all agree that kind of stuff is blatantly extremist, but nowadays that's evidently not the case...
I've come to the conclusion that extreme has become so mainstream for your party, it's no longer extreme in your eyes.
HuMcK
Have you ever considered the possibility that your religious fundamentalist views are wildly out of step with mainstream America? To you, simply not hating gays and trans people enough is somehow "extreme". I told you your boy DeSantis would crash and burn because Americans are tired of the constant religious fundie culture wars, and look what happened.

If you honestly believe that Joe Biden of all people is an extremist, then I'm sorry but you're beyond reasoning with at this point.

Moderates and Independents have been repulsed by your candidates' extremism and voted accordingly since 2018, get ready for another lesson in 2024 I guess.
Mothra
HuMcK said:

Have you ever considered the possibility that your religious fundamentalist views are wildly out of step with mainstream America? To you, simply not hating gays and trans people enough is somehow "extreme". I told you your boy DeSantis would crash and burn because Americans are tired of the constant religious fundie culture wars, and look what happened.

If you honestly believe that Joe Biden of all people is an extremist, then I'm sorry but you're beyond reasoning with at this point.

Moderates and Independents have been repulsed by your candidates' extremism and voted accordingly since 2018, get ready for another lesson in 2024 I guess.
Of course my Christian views are out of the mainstream. I've never said or suggested otherwise. The problem is, however, that most decent hard-working Americans, who may not share my Christian views, also realize the total insanity that your party has embraced when it comes to gender issues (among others).

They understand the extremism in the idea that biological girls and boys are the same, and that gender is fungible. They think it's insane that your party believes that biological males should be able to share showers and bathrooms with their teenage daughters. They think it's insane that your party believes that biological males should be able to compete against biological females, and take their places on sports teams. They think it's insane that your party believes prepubescent boys and girls should be prescribed puberty blockers and in some instances, surgeries to alter that which cannot be altered. They think it's insane that many in your party would make it illegal (if they could) for parents to disagree with their adolescents gender choices.

In short, they think it is insane because it is insane. Your party has embraced anti-science insanity. And this is but one example. We are just 15 years removed from Obama supporting a ban on same sex marriages. The idea that this insanity is or should be mainstream, when we consider where your party has gone since the end of the Obama admin, is laughable, it's so absurd.

Look, I realize you are a Democrat shill and one of the biggest partisan hacks on this board. But it is you who are blind to your party's warts, my friend. And while we are comparing resumes, if you noticed, I am one of the conservatives on this board slamming Trump and his policies. I think I would die from shock if I ever saw you take a position counter to your party. You are a true believer, that is for sure. You've guzzled their kool-aid.
Doc Holliday
boognish_bear said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

I don't think it's about feeling sorry for Haley....it's about Trump actively turning off potential voters he will need in the general
Voters of Haley might as well be democrats.
Osodecentx
Meanwhile back in Texas

HK: Recent polls show either Democratic challenger in a dead heat with a wounded Ted Cruz
Likely Democratic mantra Cruz ran for Senate, ran away from Winter Storm Uri, and ran away from reporters asking about Texas Supremes refusing a medically necessary abortion

The first takeaway from recent Emerson Poll on the Texas US Senate race was that either of the two leading Democratic candidates are in a dead heat with Ted Cruz.

But that was not the real story.

According to FiveThirtyEight, all but one poll since May of last year show Cruz locked in the low 40% range, well below the Texas Republican base vote. In stark contrast, either of the two main Democratic candidates have moved up to a level of support that is essentially the Democratic base vote.

Now, before Democrats start fanning themselves and suffering the vapors, it is obvious we have seen this show before and the political community has every right to be skeptical about Democratic Senate prospects. The border may be the number one issue in Texas and Congressional Republicans want to keep it that way. The Congressional Republican majority appears positioned to sabotage a proposed Senate immigration compromise that even Lindsey Graham warns Speaker Johnson is the best they are going to get.

So, border optics are unlikely to change leading into next November.

But things remain the same until they don't.
https://www.quorumreport.com//
Guy Noir
Doc Holliday said:

boognish_bear said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

I have voted Republican for years, but I will not vote for Trump or Biden. Marginalizing Trump's opponents will not get people like me to vote for Trump, nor to vote for Biden. It will just drive us from the Republican Party.

I look at the policies offered by each candidate and Haley's are the best. Trump doesn't address the issues. He just states he will fix them in a few days. I admit he fixed the border issues in his time in office but he skyrocketed the national debt and he laid the foundation for inflation to explode. He also played a part in the Jan 6 debacle.

I suggest you folks quit calling people names and look at the platforms of the candidates. It is time for new generational leadership in the USA.
The_barBEARian
Guy Noir said:

Doc Holliday said:

boognish_bear said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

I have voted Republican for years, but I will not vote for Trump or Biden. Marginalizing Trump's opponents will not get people like me to vote for Trump, nor to vote for Biden. It will just drive us from the Republican Party.

I look at the policies offered by each candidate and Haley's are the best. Trump doesn't address the issues. He just states he will fix them in a few days. I admit he fixed the border issues in his time in office but he skyrocketed the national debt and he laid the foundation for inflation to explode. He also played a part in the Jan 6 debacle.

I suggest you folks quit calling people names and look at the platforms of the candidates. It is time for new generational leadership in the USA.

This is the only valid criticism any of you never-Trumpers have actually given but a lot of this was due to COVID, however, I dont expect never-Trumpers to be charitable and recognize that politically it was a lose/lose situation.

And again spending is on congress. The only control Trump has is the threat of veto... and vetoing the budget in his first term would have been political suicide.

That said, I expect him to put up a fight if re-elected and potentially veto/force a government shutdown if spending is not dramatically reduced and congress is not getting back to a surplus budget to start paying down debt.

Sam Lowry
Guy Noir said:

Doc Holliday said:

boognish_bear said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

If you don't like what Trump did to the economy, wait till we start a war with China.

Never Nikki.
sombear
You and I are not alone.

The_barBEARian
Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

Way to win over those moderates and independents, Donald. No doubt, alienating anyone who may have been on the fence about voting for you is a swell idea, especially when you badly need those people just to squeak out a win, and when the Dems have about 100 million dollars more than you do.

Trump can pull more democrat voters than a traditional Republican.

I sincerely believe Trump can win 1/3rd or more of the Black male vote.

On the flip side though, he is going to struggle more with the wine aunt, suburban white woman who need to spend a few days seeing where their food comes from.
Mothra
The_barBEARian said:

Guy Noir said:

Doc Holliday said:

boognish_bear said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

This is the only valid criticism any of you never-Trumpers have actually given
You serious, Clark? LOL.

Posted this on another thread. There are plenty of legitimate criticisms of Trump:

As a fiscal conservative who believes we are burdening our children (and potentially making this country unlivable for future generations), his economic policies were terrible. He promised he was going to cut the deficit, only to increase it more than any other president in history. And while you might try to argue COVID was responsible for that, his spending habits prior to COVID were atrocious. He spent like a drunk liberal.

His claim Mexico would build a border wall and Mexico would pay for it was a total fabrication. A miniscule portion of the wall was ever completed, and it was funded by our taxpayers. Again, you might say, well that's because of the Dems, but sorry, when you make a promise, and repeat it over and over to the American people, you better deliver. Trump completely failed on that front. Our border is as porous as ever.

His COVID policies were a disaster. Rushing to make a vaccine and get people injected with something experimental in nature (of which, I believe we are now seeing the repercussions), and then allowing the govt. to mandates vaccines, was terrible. It would have been hard for him to have handled COVID worse than he did.

And while not a policy issue, his inability to behave like an adult is a huge concern that cost him the election, IMO. If he had the ability to behave like a decent human being, and quit with the social media tirades and self-aggrandizing that rubbed every moderate and independent the wrong way, I have no doubt he would have beaten Biden. But his inability to do so is what lost him the 2020 election, IMO.

His feckless indifference to constitutional norms is alarming. His behavior surrounding the 2020 election was absolutely shameful, and while I don't believe it rises to the level of the constitutional crisis that Dems have tried to make it, it was absolutely shameful what he did.

Trump's position post-2020 on abortion and his criticism of the SC leaving it to the states leaves a lot to be desired.

And now, in the unlikely event he wins, we are going to get an even worse, vindictive Trump.

Is he still better than Biden? Yes. Did he have some good policies? Yes. I especially like his foreign policy. But Trump left a hell of a lot to be desired.
Mothra
The_barBEARian said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

On the flip side though, he is going to struggle more with the wine aunt, suburban white woman who need to spend a few days seeing where their food comes from.
Got news for you. It's the suburban white woman that lost Trump the last election (and will lose him the next). And he's also going to need a healthy share of moderates and independents.

Relying on black males to vote your way is not a winning strategy. Not enough of them vote.
FormerFlash
HuMcK said:

Nobody here hates gays and trans people. This is a gross misrepresentation of the Christian worldview to mislead and slander Christians. If Christians truly believe in heaven and hell, and truly believe sin is a path to the latter, and truly believe homosexuality is a sin, then it is an act of love, not hate, to stand against its widespread acceptance. It is an old cliche but it is true. Love the sinner, hate the sin.

Mothra said it perfectly. Of course the Christian worldview is out of step with mainstream America. It is supposed to be.
Sic Everyone.
parch
The_barBEARian said:

Guy Noir said:

Doc Holliday said:

boognish_bear said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

This is the only valid criticism any of you never-Trumpers have actually given but a lot of this was due to COVID, however, I dont expect never-Trumpers to be charitable and recognize that politically it was a lose/lose situation.

And again spending is on congress. The only control Trump has is the threat of veto... and vetoing the budget in his first term would have been political suicide.

That said, I expect him to put up a fight if re-elected and potentially veto/force a government shutdown if spending is not dramatically reduced and congress is not getting back to a surplus budget to start paying down debt.

It's not "all on congress" when you base your entire fiscal platform on being a business maven and "winning deals," and then make a frankly ridiculous campaign promise to eliminate all U.S. debt in 8 years. In the three years before COVID he'd plowed another $4 trillion into the deficit. His tariffs were a drop in the bucket - about three weeks of interest on the debt in total - almost completely offset anyway by having to give some of the difference back to the farmers he disenfranchised. Lowering the corporate tax rate by 15% also bit into that figure, ballooning the debt further. The nonpartisan CBO projected the deficit would be 2-3% of the GDP during Trump's term. By 2019, pre-COVID, it was almost 5%.

The cornerstone of Trump's 2016 campaign was his fiscal largesse and ability to bring his "outsider business acumen" to the White House. When he failed, it was simply everyone else's fault.
The_barBEARian
Mothra said:

The_barBEARian said:

Guy Noir said:

Doc Holliday said:

boognish_bear said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

You serious, Clark? LOL.

Unless you are a female, mean tweets are not valid criticism.

Actions speak louder than words. Did his policies benefit me and my family?

If you are a female and vote based on your emotions then yes, mean tweets are a valid criticism and words speak louder than actions.
Mothra
The_barBEARian said:

Mothra said:

The_barBEARian said:

Guy Noir said:

Doc Holliday said:

boognish_bear said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

You serious, Clark? LOL.

Unless you are a female, mean tweets are not valid criticism.

Actions speak louder than words. Did his policies benefit me and my family?

If you are a female and vote based on your emotions then yes, mean tweets are a valid criticism and words speak louder than actions.
Edited my other post. This is from another thread:

As a fiscal conservative who believes we are burdening our children (and potentially making this country unlivable for future generations), his economic policies were terrible. He promised he was going to cut the deficit, only to increase it more than any other president in history. And while you might try to argue COVID was responsible for that, his spending habits prior to COVID were atrocious. He spent like a drunk liberal.

His claim Mexico would build a border wall and Mexico would pay for it was a total fabrication. A miniscule portion of the wall was ever completed, and it was funded by our taxpayers. Again, you might say, well that's because of the Dems, but sorry, when you make a promise, and repeat it over and over to the American people, you better deliver. Trump completely failed on that front. Our border is as porous as ever.

His COVID policies were a disaster. Rushing to make a vaccine and get people injected with something experimental in nature (of which, I believe we are now seeing the repercussions), and then allowing the govt. to mandates vaccines, was terrible. It would have been hard for him to have handled COVID worse than he did.

And while not a policy issue, his inability to behave like an adult is a huge concern that cost him the election, IMO. If he had the ability to behave like a decent human being, and quit with the social media tirades and self-aggrandizing that rubbed every moderate and independent the wrong way, I have no doubt he would have beaten Biden. But his inability to do so is what lost him the 2020 election, IMO.

His feckless indifference to constitutional norms is alarming. His behavior surrounding the 2020 election was absolutely shameful, and while I don't believe it rises to the level of the constitutional crisis that Dems have tried to make it, it was absolutely shameful what he did.

Trump's position post-2020 on abortion and his criticism of the SC leaving it to the states leaves a lot to be desired.

And now, in the unlikely event he wins, we are going to get an even worse, vindictive Trump.

Is he still better than Biden? Yes. Did he have some good policies? Yes. I especially like his foreign policy. But Trump left a hell of a lot to be desired.
GrowlTowel
Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

HuMcK said:

The GOP gets called extreme because y'all fell in line behind a guy who literally says he wants to be a dictator and go on a revenge spree against fellow Americans. Used to be we could all agree that kind of stuff is blatantly extremist, but nowadays that's evidently not the case...

Bull***** The GOP was called extreme when even Dole ran for president.

Get a clue.
Fallacy of the wolf.
Exactly, when every GOP candidate is racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic, and an extremist, those words lose all meaning - just like the Boy who cried Wolf.

Is Trump really an extremist? Who knows? Reagan was an extremist and so was GHWB. Dole wanted more black churches to burn. GWB was a Nazi. McCain was a racist and Romney a sexist that did not pay taxes.

GOP, all extremists, all the time.
Mothra
And the reason his inability to control his mouth is relevant is because it lost him the election. He needed those female voters you are making fun of, just FYI, as they are the reason he lost the election.

The guy's ability to alienate voters is unprecedented. That inability to behave like a reasonable adult is the primary reason we got Biden.
The_barBEARian
parch said:

The_barBEARian said:

Guy Noir said:

Doc Holliday said:

boognish_bear said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

It's not "all on congress" when you base your entire fiscal platform on being a business maven and "winning deals," and then make a frankly ridiculous campaign promise to eliminate all U.S. debt in 8 years. In the three years before COVID he'd plowed another $4 trillion into the deficit. His tariffs were a drop in the bucket - about three weeks of interest on the debt in total - almost completely offset anyway by having to give some of the difference back to the farmers he disenfranchised. Lowering the corporate tax rate by 15% also bit into that figure, ballooning the debt further. The nonpartisan CBO projected the deficit would be 2-3% of the GDP during Trump's term. By 2019, pre-COVID, it was almost 5%.

The cornerstone of Trump's 2016 campaign was his fiscal largesse and ability to bring his "outsider business acumen" to the White House. When he failed, it was simply everyone else's fault.

He's gotta thrash defense spending and foreign aid which will trigger a lot of the globalists on this board.
boognish_bear
Guy Noir said:

Doc Holliday said:

boognish_bear said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

+1
The_barBEARian
Mothra said:

his spending habits prior to COVID were atrocious. He spent like a drunk liberal.

I edited your post for valid criticism and this is what I was left with.
Mothra
The_barBEARian said:

Mothra said:

his spending habits prior to COVID were atrocious. He spent like a drunk liberal.

I edited your post for valid criticism and this is what I was left with.
LOL. Of course.
FLBear5630
Mothra said:

The_barBEARian said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

Got news for you. It's the suburban white woman that lost Trump the last election (and will lose him the next). And he's also going to need a healthy share of moderates and independents.

Relying on black males to vote your way is not a winning strategy. Not enough of them vote.
My wife is a Nurse, the Nurses she works with will not vote for Trump because he is a pig. She will either skip the President or go with a third party if there is one available.

You guys will all say how stupid that is. Yet, that is what they will do. These are college educated women. Will not give Trump the satisfaction of winning. I believe they are not alone.
The_barBEARian
Mothra said:

This criticism legitimately pisses me off... the indifference to constitutional norms is coming almost exclusively from the democrats!

Have you been living under a rock and not seen all the bull**** democrats have done in the last 8 years? They tried to impeach the guy based on a LIE! Do you not remember the Russian impeachment? Now they are charging him w/ so many fake crimes I cant even keep up with it all so they can take away the people's choice and install two uni-party candidates on the ballot.

If you didnt want Trump to be the Republican nominee, you should blame the democrats for trying to put their political opponents in jail like this is the Soviet Union!

*Edit*

..... and dont even get me started on how democrats have completely neutered any semblance of election integrity and voter security. Its never been easier to cast a fake ballot..... or an entire pallet of them.
Mothra
FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

The_barBEARian said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

My wife is a Nurse, the Nurses she works with will not vote for Trump because he is a pig. She will either skip the President or go with a third party if there is one available.

You guys will all say how stupid that is. Yet, that is what they will do. These are college educated women. Will not give Trump the satisfaction of winning. I believe they are not alone.
My wife's friends are as conservative as they come, but have likewise agreed they won't vote for him. Many of them are voting for Kennedy.

Now, we will see if that hold true when push comes to shove, but the idea that Trump's alienation of white female voters is not an issue to be concerned about displays the sheer stupidity of MAGA voters and the Trump team. The fact they're not doing all they can to court this vote tells me they have no clue how to win elections. And when they lose again, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, but no taking responsibility for the real reason they lost.
Mothra
The_barBEARian said:

Mothra said:

This criticism legitimately pisses me off... the indifference to constitutional norms is coming almost exclusively from the democrats!

Have you been living under a rock and not seen all the bull**** democrats have done in the last 8 years? They tried to impeach the guy based on a LIE! Do you not remember the Russian impeachment? Now they are charging him w/ so many fake crimes I cant even keep up with it all so they can take away the people's choice and install two uni-party candidates on the ballot.

If you didnt want Trump to be the Republican nominee, you should blame the democrats for trying to put their political opponents in jail like this is the Soviet Union!

I would submit that one can be upset at Dems for their tactics, without engaging in tactics one knows to be wrong. My mother always taught me, two wrongs don't make a right.

Trump's behavior in January 2021 was despicable, regardless of the whataboutism.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.