Understanding LGBTQ sexuality

85,176 Views | 1603 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Jack Bauer
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Focus on the Family is a conservative Christian organization. What they say here in this article is probably what your church teaches and certainly the Baptist Church and your nom-denominational churches. So to be fair, I am posting their website. Focus on the Family says in part:
As with any sinful behavior, it's not about being tempted it's about willfully engaging in activity that goes against God's law. So it's possible to be a Christian and, at the same time, wrestle with same-sex attraction. But we can't be faithful, obedient Christians while willingly involving ourselves in any sexual practices that the Bible says are sinful.
Here their website https://www.focusonthefamily.com/get-help/understanding-homosexuality/

I believe Focus on the Family is doing great harm to LGBTQ kids.

Now compare this understanding of sexual orientation from the American Psychological Association.

"Sexual orientation is commonly discussed as if it were solely a characteristic of an individual, like biological sex, gender identity, or age. This perspective is incomplete because sexual orientation is defined in terms of relationships with others. People express their sexual orientation through behaviors with others, including such simple actions as holding hands or kissing. Thus, sexual orientation is closely tied to the intimate personal relationships that meet deeply felt needs for love, attachment, and intimacy. In addition to sexual behaviors, these bonds include nonsexual physical affection between partners, shared goals and values, mutual support, and ongoing commitment.

Therefore, sexual orientation is not merely a personal characteristic within an individual. Rather, one's sexual orientation defines the group of people in which one is likely to find the satisfying and fulfilling romantic relationships that are an essential component of personal identity for many people."

Read the whole article here. https://www.apa.org/topics/lgbtq/orientation

Read both articles. Now get educated. .
SIC EM 94
What a shock that a disgusting heretic such as yourself thinks that Focus on the Family is wrong in their position on the word of God.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
A person's sexuality should not on public display or celebrated. What people do behind closed doors is their own business, - nobody elses.

Am sick and tired of a very small segment of the population trying to ram their sexuality and deviant behaviors down our throats.

You people go do your thing and leave the rest of us the Hell alone.

P.S. - Stay away from our children.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
GrowlTowel
Personally, I prefer this one from 47's collection:

Waco1947
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

A person's sexuality should not on public display or celebrated. What people do behind closed doors is their own business, - nobody elses.

Am sick and tired of a very small segment of the population trying to ram their sexuality and deviant behaviors down our throats.

So kick gays kids out of school?
Who ramming anything.? I find statements like cramming or ramming weird. I heard it about blacks appearing in commercials. Or the media giving popes airtime. Or women being shown in male occupations. The world is changing and it's for the better.
You are not being hurt and neither are your kids.
Calm down and carry on
Doc Holliday
SIC EM 94 said:

What a shock that a disgusting heretic such as yourself thinks that Focus on the Family is wrong in their position on the word of God.
Yep and really that's the whole aim: no procreation.

You can't be fruitful and multiply if you're only fruitful with a fruit.
ShooterTX
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Who ramming anything.? I find statements like cramming or ramming weird. I heard it about blacks appearing in commercials. Or the media giving popes airtime. Or women being shown in male occupations. The world is changing and it's for the better.
Calm down and carry on
I call major bull**** on Waco.

There is no way that he is ignorant of the attempts to RAM this LGBTQ crap down our throats.

These freaks are definitely coming after our kids, and Waco47 is in the lead. This man is evil, and he cannot be trusted... period.

This is happening now in California, and if Waco has his way, it will be coming soon to a Texas school near you.
ShooterTX
SIC EM 94
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Calm down and carry on

You show your ignorance with every wild ass unrelated post you spew! Who/where was there even remotely any mention of kicking gay kids out of schools? How the Hell did you even dream up that was ever suggested or even implied? Blacks in commercials? Popes getting air time? Women in male occupation? What in the Hell is your senile ignorant ass even talking about? Do you have a wife, family, or anyone that even remotely cares about you? If so, they need to have an intervention and insist you seek mental help immediately!
Jack Bauer
"The world is changing and it's for the better.

Calm down and carry on"

This is the hill that Waco47 is willing to die on...

D. C. Bear
After looking at both articles, I am now educated. I now know that the backwards Focus on the Family folks are misinformed and evil. I now know that the LGBTQMAP advocates are correct and I should not criticize anyone for their "orientation" and should instead encourage the flourishing of all "orientations."

Are you happy now?
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Calm down and carry on
false Equivalency but you keep it up with that strawman
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
ATL Bear
The APA gave up being a serious organization years ago.
Jack Bauer
"Different gender than the one grown ups called them"

Yes, kids, what do adults know?

Jack Bauer
"Get educated"

Fre3dombear
GrowlTowel said:

Personally, I prefer this one from 47's collection:

That's racist

And homophobic
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Calm down and carry on
You are a clueless heretic. When you die, you are in for a surprise.
Harrison Bergeron
Waco1947 said:

Focus on the Family is a conservative Christian organization. What they say here in this article is probably your church teaches and certainly the Baptist Church and your nom-denominational churches. So to be fair, I am posting their website. Focus on the Family says in part:
As with any sinful behavior, it's not about being tempted it's about willfully engaging in activity that goes against God's law. So it's possible to be a Christian and, at the same time, wrestle with same-sex attraction. But we can't be faithful, obedient Christians while willingly involving ourselves in any sexual practices that the Bible says are sinful.
Here their website https://www.focusonthefamily.com/get-help/understanding-homosexuality/

I believe Focus on the Family is doing great harm to LGBTQ kids.

Now compare this understanding of sexual orientation from the American Psychological Association.

"Sexual orientation is commonly discussed as if it were solely a characteristic of an individual, like biological sex, gender identity, or age. This perspective is incomplete because sexual orientation is defined in terms of relationships with others. People express their sexual orientation through behaviors with others, including such simple actions as holding hands or kissing. Thus, sexual orientation is closely tied to the intimate personal relationships that meet deeply felt needs for love, attachment, and intimacy. In addition to sexual behaviors, these bonds include nonsexual physical affection between partners, shared goals and values, mutual support, and ongoing commitment.

Therefore, sexual orientation is not merely a personal characteristic within an individual. Rather, one's sexual orientation defines the group of people in which one is likely to find the satisfying and fulfilling romantic relationships that are an essential component of personal identity for many people."

Read the whole article here. https://www.apa.org/topics/lgbtq/orientation

Read both articles. Now get educated. .

Should anorexics be treated or affirmed?
Harrison Bergeron
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Calm down and carry on

Should anorexics be treated or affirmed?
ABC BEAR
What started as a plea for acceptance, ultimately became a demand for submission.
ScottS
Waco1947 is FAKE. Not a real poster. He is saying the most bizarre things just to get people worked up.
Titus and Titus
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money

Read this and learn.
Jack Bauer
My HS English teacher could recite the entire book of Hamlet from memory.

And now...

Forest Bueller_bf
Jack Bauer said:

This is nothing but blatant propagada, a child of that age doesn't have the reasoning to understand. Most don't even have permanent memory before 4 or 5.

This is from CNN.

Quote:

Most of us don't have any memories from the first three to four years of our lives in fact, we tend to remember very little of life before the age of 7. And when we do try to think back to our earliest memories, it is often unclear whether they are the real thing or just recollections based on photos or stories told to us by others.

The phenomenon, known as "childhood amnesia," has been puzzling psychologists for more than a century and we still don't fully understand it.
These book writers are pretending small children have reasoning ability very far beyond what they actually experience.

GrowlTowel
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

This is nothing but blatant propagada, a child of that age doesn't have the reasoning to understand. Most don't even have permanent memory before 4 or 5.

This is from CNN.

Quote:

Most of us don't have any memories from the first three to four years of our lives in fact, we tend to remember very little of life before the age of 7. And when we do try to think back to our earliest memories, it is often unclear whether they are the real thing or just recollections based on photos or stories told to us by others.

The phenomenon, known as "childhood amnesia," has been puzzling psychologists for more than a century and we still don't fully understand it.
These book writers are pretending small children have reasoning ability very far beyond what they actually experience.

Baylor has a professor that has written extensively on these topics. I have taken his deposition several times as an adversary but his research is fascinating. You know, if you want to follow the science.

Dr. Charles Weaver
Jack Bauer
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

This is from CNN.

Quote:

This is like telling kids about Santa Claus or the tooth fairy, but the difference is it is imagination and they grow up out of it...not transform their bodies irreversibly over it.
KaiBear
Same old tactic from Waco47 in his never ending quest for attention.

Can't blame him though. MUst be incredibly boring merely existing in the old folks home.

Carry on old fella !
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

After looking at both articles, I am now educated. I now know that the backwards Focus on the Family folks are misinformed and evil. I now know that the LGBTQMAP advocates are correct and I should not criticize anyone for their "orientation" and should instead encourage the flourishing of all "orientations."

Are you happy now? My happiness is immaterial. Did you learn anything that may change your attitude the LGBTQ community?
Waco1947
Titus and Titus said:

Read this and learn.
So?
Waco1947
Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Calm down and carry on
Yes, when I die it will be a huge surprise to see you in heaven
Waco1947
ABC BEAR said:

What started as a plea for acceptance, ultimately became a demand for submission. Prove it. All you have is assertion without proof. Your next line of attack will be ad hominin
Waco1947
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Calm down and carry on
GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Calm down and carry on
Yes, when I die it will be a huge surprise to see you in heaven
And the aborted babies you directed?
Jack Bauer
Why do you care so much? It doesn't even affect you!!!

Redbrickbear
Titus and Titus said:

Read this and learn.

My God man….that was hard to read.

Those poor boys.

Gender ideology is evil…always has been.

Another rotten fruit of the sexual revolution and the LGBTQ movement.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Who ramming anything.? I find statements like cramming or ramming weird.

How about this statement:

Go pack sand!

Is that better?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.