Understanding LGBTQ sexuality

91,258 Views | 1686 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by 4th and Inches
nein51
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No one will. Same with schizophrenics, would you affirm their delusions as reality? Of course not. So why are we doing that with trans people? This discussion is the height of stupidity.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

historian said:

Here's what Paul said about it:

"For this reason God gave them Who are the them? up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error." In what context did they become consumed by their passions?
Romans 1:26-27

Read all of Chapter 1 for full context.

Here's Christ has what God said about homosexuality in Mosaic Law: Do we live under this law? No, we do not bc Christ has freed us.

"Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable." Leviticus 18:22 NIV OT We live under the love commandment not an ancient in a small tucked away culture 3,000 years ago.

If one reads further for context, one will find that God proscribed the death penalty. God or humans? He definitely was NOT ok with it. A loving God kills people?
yep, Romans 1 destroys his argument Galatians 3: 28 destroy yours. In Christ there is sexual identity attached to our salvation.

Not really..
Galatians 3-
26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Text without context.. you cherry picked Then give me the context?

you claim that gender doesnt matter, sexual relationships dont matter off of 24 words in the entire Bible. The hubris of such a proclamation.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Waco1947
No, it is not my accusation. Your accusation is "You 'cherry picked'." The accusation belongs to you, so again what is the context. Prove your case
Waco1947
Waco1947
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

historian said:

"For this reason God gave them Who are the them? up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error." In what context did they become consumed by their passions?

Here's Christ has what God said about homosexuality in Mosaic Law: Do we live under this law? No, we do not bc Christ has freed us.

"Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable." Leviticus 18:22 NIV OT We live under the love commandment not an ancient in a small tucked away culture 3,000 years ago.

If one reads further for context, one will find that God proscribed the death penalty. God or humans? He definitely was NOT ok with it. A loving God kills people?
yep, Romans 1 destroys his argument Galatians 3: 28 destroy yours. In Christ there is sexual identity attached to our salvation.

Not really..
Galatians 3-
26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

you claim that gender doesn't matter, sexual relationships don't matter off of 24 words in the entire Bible. The hubris of such a proclamation.
These are not my claims.
My claim is that in issues of faith in Jesus sexuality does not matter; however behavior does matter.
My claim about Paul is that he writing to Galatians; Paul is referencing sexuality (one's understanding of one's sexuality) with the church of Galatia and the other churches he founded. The church should not use one's sexual identity or sexuality to be in God's church and its leadership.
Again, one's behavior and the context one's of that behavior to Paul, Jesus, and God matters for marriage, the church and daily life. .
For instance, if a man should lie with a man. that behavior is wron because the context for that behavior is temple prostitutes, infidelity in marriage, orgies, etc.
Hence one behavior gay or straight is condemned by Paul.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

No, it is not my accusation. Your accusation is "You 'cherry picked'." The accusation belongs to you, so again what is the context. Prove your case

The context is that he misspoke in saying you "cherry picked" anything. He should have said that you took a statement that meant one thing and pretended that it meant something entirely different. That's not "cherry picking," that's just being wrong. I am having a hard time believing that you actually think that scripture supports your politics on this issue. This fits under the category of no one with any level of knowledge of the Bible in general and Paul in particular would make that claim as a serious argument.

Meantime, answer the science.

Medical fact: a male cannot become a female, a female cannot become a male.

Make the case that I am factually incorrect.
Forest Bueller_bf
Waco1947 said:

Dude, I didn't say you cherry picked, someone else said that and you combined his post with my post.

I said you completely misinterpret the bible.

I don't have a case to prove, the Bible proves it, and you try to disprove it.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

The context is that he misspoke in saying you "cherry picked" anything. He should have said that you took a statement that meant one thing and pretended that it meant something entirely different. That's not "cherry picking," that's just being wrong. I am having a hard time believing that you actually think that scripture supports your politics on this issue. This fits under the category of no one with any level of knowledge of the Bible in general and Paul in particular would make that claim as a serious argument.

Mean time understand sexuality. Birth gender is different from gender identity. You are blind to this fact.
Waco1947
Waco1947
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Waco1947 said:

Dude, I didn't say you cherry picked, someone else said that and you combined his post with my post.

I said you completely misinterpret the bible.

I don't have a case to prove, the Bible proves it, and you try to disprove it.
I'm sorry then but yes, you do have to prove through use of the bible and responding to my quotes from the Bible
Waco1947
Forest Bueller_bf
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Again for about the 4th time I did not say he Cherry Picked.

Quote:

4th and Inches said:

Not really..
Galatians 3-

Text without context.. you cherry picked

In his inabilty to properly disect posts on here, 47 glommed someone elses post onto my post and attributed it to me.

I don't give 47 the credit to even cherry pick, he simple completely misrepresents scripture and then completely
misinterprets scripture. To cherry pick you have to be able to accept some as correct and disregard others as not mattering. His simply butchers every scripture he touches.
Harrison Bergeron
nein51 said:

No one will. Same with schizophrenics, would you affirm their delusions as reality? Of course not. So why are we doing that with trans people? This discussion is the height of stupidity.
Because they Gaystapo has captured so much of the Establishment that actual science has taken a back seat to agendas. One has to be an utter idiot to think any of this is "science."
ShooterTX
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

historian said:

Not really..
Galatians 3-

you claim that gender doesn't matter, sexual relationships don't matter off of 24 words in the entire Bible. The hubris of such a proclamation.
These are not my claims.
My claim is that in issues of faith in Jesus sexuality does not matter; however behavior does matter.
My claim about Paul is that he writing to Galatians; Paul is referencing sexuality (one's understanding of one's sexuality) with the church of Galatia and the other churches he founded. The church should not use one's sexual identity or sexuality to be in God's church and its leadership.
Again, one's behavior and the context one's of that behavior to Paul, Jesus, and God matters for marriage, the church and daily life. .
For instance, if a man should lie with a man. that behavior is wron because the context for that behavior is temple prostitutes, infidelity in marriage, orgies, etc.
Hence one behavior gay or straight is condemned by Paul.

when the Bible condemns the behavior of a man lie with another man... it does NOT reference temple prostitutes, infidelity in marriage, orgies or anything other than... a man lies with another man.
Do you have ANY proof of this false claim of context?

"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. - Lev 20:13 NIV

Where is the temple prostitutes, orgies, etc in this one?

"'Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable. - Lev 18:22 NIV

No mention of adultery here, or orgies, or prostitues... care to clarify?

for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurersand for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine - 1 Timothy 1:10 NIV

Where is your made up context in this one?

In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. - Romans 1:27

Where is your context here?

I could go on, but you get the idea... Waco47 is just making up this "context" argument. He is a false teacher, and we all know how he will be spending eternity. The judgements for false teachers like Waco47, are the most severe judgements in the Bible. Yet he really doesn't care because he doesn't actually believe the Bible anyway. He thinks that the only actual truth is that "God is Love"... so a loving God would never truly punish a false teacher like him. What a fool.
ShooterTX
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Mean time understand sexuality. Birth gender is different from gender identity. You are blind to this fact.

Again, I understand sexuality just fine. Additionally, I understand that someone can have a strongly held but false belief regarding whether he is male or female. This doesn't make the belief correct.

A male who is "transgender" believes that he is female when he is not female. Given this discrepancy between his belief and the measurable physical reality that he displays, his belief is incorrect. It is neither hateful nor cruel to admit this fact.

If he wants to pretend to be a woman and have surgeries and hormone injections and wear stereotypical female clothing and the like, this does not make him a woman. He is simply a male who has had surgery and taken female hormones. You are blind to this fact.

Now, answer the question: Is it possible for someone who is a male to be female by virtue of his own cognition?
nein51
Harrison Bergeron said:

nein51 said:

Because they Gaystapo has captured so much of the Establishment that actual science has taken a back seat to agendas. One has to be an utter idiot to think any of this is "science."

Hate to break it to you but most of "the gays" aren't big trans fans. But overall I agree.
Harrison Bergeron
nein51 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

nein51 said:

Hate to break it to you but most of "the gays" aren't big trans fans. But overall I agree.
You're not breaking anything to me. I know the transgender, anti-science insanity is extremely anti-gay.
Jack Bauer
Has one group ever been so difficult to validate..

ShooterTX
Jack Bauer said:

Ok

So instead, you should just say, "Wow! I had no idea you were bat-**** crazy!"
ShooterTX
KaiBear
historian said:

Our resident troll thinks God & Paul are ok with perversion. Of course, he's wrong.

"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error." Romans 1:26-27

Here's what God said about homosexuality in Mosaic Law:

"Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable." Leviticus 18:22 NIV

If one reads further for context, one will find that God proscribed the death penalty. He definitely was NOT ok with it.
All of this has been pointed out to 47 many times.

Simply ignores whatever makes him feel uncomfortable.
historian
Yes but sometimes we need to be reminded
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
KaiBear
historian said:

Yes but sometimes we need to be reminded
Concluded long ago ol 47 has some very private demons in play.

And this forum is likely to be the only 'therapy' he can afford.
Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

Libs of Tik Tok is funny ... but we need to stop giving so much attention to the mentally ill on Tik Tok.
Oldbear83
Harrison Bergeron said:

Jack Bauer said:

Libs of Tik Tok is funny ... but we need to stop giving so much attention to the mentally ill on Tik Tok.
If we do that, what voting bloc would Biden have left?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
ShooterTX
Yeah... keep claiming that being Trans isn't a mental health issue.

This person keeps claiming that he is a woman... I'm not even sure this is a human anymore.

Trans ideology is total insanity.
ShooterTX
nein51
Sure blame the person…but who in the f8ck put that plastic statue on TV? They know exactly what they are doing.
4th and Inches
ShooterTX said:

Yeah... keep claiming that being Trans isn't a mental health issue.

This person keeps claiming that he is a woman... I'm not even sure this is a human anymore.

Trans ideology is total insanity.
both women? You meant to say JK Rowling is a woman and you are a lady boy..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
nein51
He's a mannequin
Jack Bauer
nein51 said:

Sure blame the person…but who in the f8ck put that plastic statue on TV? They know exactly what they are doing.

Joe Biden would have you believe this is our generations version of the people that marched to Selma encountering fire hoses and attack dogs.
historian
He's sick & it's disgusting. I pity this man with serious mental problems. Instead of getting proper treatment, he is encouraged in his delusions and paraded around as something he clearly is not. He's a pawn for people with a very evil agenda. The fact that a government entity was willing to change his birth certificate to a lie, if his assertion is correct, and that medical professionals are willing to help him and others perpetrate the fraud testified to how much those institutions have been corrupted. And there are few signs this madness will end soon.

At least some brave individuals like Rowling & Gaines will publicly stand up for truth and Justice.
Harrison Bergeron
People that butcher kids on the name of Conversion Theraoy must be stopped:
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2024.03.23.586441v1.full
Jack Bauer
What if....and please indulge me...you just taught reading, math, writing, science and leave it at that?

historian
This woman certainly does NOT belong in a classroom teaching such radical lies to children.
Harrison Bergeron
historian said:

This woman certainly does NOT belong in a classroom teaching such radical lies to children.
The creepiness they avoid is why are they so obsessed with talking to little children about sex.
historian
You're on Notice, NCAA: In Unanimous Vote, NAIA Bans Men From Competing in Women's Sports https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/04/08/youre-on-notice-ncaa-in-unanimous-vote-naia-bans-men-from-competing-in-womens-sports-n2394876
Jack Bauer
Harrison Bergeron said:

historian said:

The creepiness they avoid is why are they so obsessed with talking to little children about sex.

Imagine if teachers talked to kids at public schools like this about Jesus...there would be mass hysteria.
Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

historian said:

Imagine if teachers talked to kids at public schools like this about Jesus...there would be mass hysteria.

We used to live in that world in 1950…and no one really freaked out.

We of course have just replaced one civilizational norm with another…there are no such thing as "neutral institutions" and there never will be.

Redbrickbear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.