Understanding LGBTQ sexuality

91,295 Views | 1686 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by 4th and Inches
D. C. Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ShooterTX said:

D. C. Bear said:

ShooterTX said:

D. C. Bear said:

KaiBear said:

Years of various posters attempting to have a rational discussion with a phoney ,minister ' who steadfastly refuses to disclose exactly where he obtained his theology ' degree ', bragged about promoting abortion to dozens of women, and ignores any and all teachings of Jesus Christ that don't fit into his lifestyle.

Why continue the effort ?

After all these years does anyone really believe 47 is going to admit his errors and embrace legitimate Christianity ?

Can God save a hooker?
99% of the time, a hooker is either some form of slave; or they have chosen to be a hooker out of desperation.

So it is very easy to "save" a hooker... all you need to do is set them free from their situation, and teach them that there is a savior for their souls as well.

In this case, Waco47 has made a conscious decision to reject Jesus and follow Satan.

Comparing Waco47 to a hooker is a major insult to the prostitute.

Sorry you don't like the Ahmad Dixon reference, but the point still stands.

Do not underestimate the power of God's grace, even in the face of anti-Christian zealots such as Waco47. The chief example wrote much of the New Testament.

I understand where your heart is here... but this is also a very poor comparison.

Saul was persecuting Christians because he didn't know any better. Once he was confronted with the truth, he did a 180 and became a major Christian preacher & missionary.

Waco has been presented with the truth over and over again... and he still rejects it. This is not someone who is in need of a Road to Damascus experience. This is someone who has been knocked to the ground, and then believed that it was a demonic attack.

Saul was persecuting Christians because he knew the message of Jesus and rejected it. He had heard it many times. He thought he was right and that the Christians were wrong and that his knowledge of God was greater than their "false teachings."
historian
Saul met Jesus on the Road to Damascus and that changed everything.
D. C. Bear
historian said:

Saul met Jesus on the Road to Damascus and that changed everything.

Yes, he did and yes, it did.

He also knew all about what Christians said about Jesus, and that is why he was persecuting them.
historian
Exactly. Until Jesus changed his mind.
Waco1947
historian said:

Waco1947 said:

"If you do not believe in the supernatural then you do not believe in God. He is infinite, spoke the universe into existence, sent His Son to die on the cross for our sins, and He rose from the dead three days later. These are faith assertions not scientific ones. These declarations for me are faith and as such I believe them but they are not science and you cannot prove that they are science. Your argument needs more than "yes they are!"
Theology is done on the basis of faith; theology only rationalizes what is accepted on the basis of faith in the first place. We, Christians, hold as delf-evident that God is infinite, spoke the universe into existence, sent His Son to die on the cross for our sins, and He rose from the dead three days later. "

There is no such thing in science. Scientists cannot accept things on the basis of faith. Every claim must be verified, and contrasted with experience itself.

Theologians who attempt to reconcile a "supernatural God" with science are on a fools errand.

I don't need to prove them because they are self evident facts. Silliness. Self evident to whom? Why are they self evident?

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above declared his handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge." Psalm 19:1-2

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world." Romans 1:18-20

Science may not be able to prove these facts but science also cannot disprove them. They come from a higher authority, a perfect God while science comes from imperfect men & women. It ain't the job of science to disprove your supernatural assertions.

I'm neither a scientist nor a theologian but I understand enough of both to see where they agree and where they don't. And I see that science doesn't have all the answers.

You act like science is able to provide the facts and is trustworthy. We all know better than that: climate scientists have been manipulating us for decades with predictions of doom that are ALWAYS proven wrong. Heck, I remember before all the Global Warming hoax they were predicting a new ice age! In recent years, we have Dr Fauci & the rest of the establishment scientists who lied repeatedly about COVID. There are many more examples.

Too many scientists are bought off (using taxpayers' money) by corrupt politicians with an evil agenda and too many (not necessarily the same group) are so arrogant they think they know it all or some say will. They are fools trying to play God but the One True God is greater than all of them. Faith is an easy choice because God never fails.

"Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is folly with God. For it is written, 'He catches the wise in their craftiness.'"
I Corinthians 3:18-19
JXL
Waco1947 said:

historian said:

Waco1947 said:

"If you do not believe in the supernatural then you do not believe in God. He is infinite, spoke the universe into existence, sent His Son to die on the cross for our sins, and He rose from the dead three days later. These are faith assertions not scientific ones. These declarations for me are faith and as such I believe them but they are not science and you cannot prove that they are science. Your argument needs more than "yes they are!"
Theology is done on the basis of faith; theology only rationalizes what is accepted on the basis of faith in the first place. We, Christians, hold as delf-evident that God is infinite, spoke the universe into existence, sent His Son to die on the cross for our sins, and He rose from the dead three days later. "

There is no such thing in science. Scientists cannot accept things on the basis of faith. Every claim must be verified, and contrasted with experience itself.

Theologians who attempt to reconcile a "supernatural God" with science are on a fools errand.

I don't need to prove them because they are self evident facts. Silliness. Self evident to whom? Why are they self evident?

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above declared his handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge." Psalm 19:1-2

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world." Romans 1:18-20

Science may not be able to prove these facts but science also cannot disprove them. They come from a higher authority, a perfect God while science comes from imperfect men & women. It ain't the job of science to disprove your supernatural assertions.

I'm neither a scientist nor a theologian but I understand enough of both to see where they agree and where they don't. And I see that science doesn't have all the answers.

You act like science is able to provide the facts and is trustworthy. We all know better than that: climate scientists have been manipulating us for decades with predictions of doom that are ALWAYS proven wrong. Heck, I remember before all the Global Warming hoax they were predicting a new ice age! In recent years, we have Dr Fauci & the rest of the establishment scientists who lied repeatedly about COVID. There are many more examples.

Too many scientists are bought off (using taxpayers' money) by corrupt politicians with an evil agenda and too many (not necessarily the same group) are so arrogant they think they know it all or some say will. They are fools trying to play God but the One True God is greater than all of them. Faith is an easy choice because God never fails.

"Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is folly with God. For it is written, 'He catches the wise in their craftiness.'"

For your reading pleasure, a couple of books by scientists affirming the supernatural God:

https://www.amazon.com/Language-God-Scientist-Presents-Evidence/dp/1416542744

https://www.amazon.com/Science-God-Convergence-Scientific-Biblical/dp/1439129584

Oldbear83
Wearing a lab coat won't help you on Judgment Day ...
william
Oldbear83 said:

Wearing a lab coat won't help you on Judgment Day ...
worked for MP:

- KKM

BID.
pro ecclesia, pro javelina
historian
Immediately after your question are the applicable passages from Psalm 19 and Romans 1. The existence of God is self-evident to everyone who opens their eyes and pays attention.

It might not be the job of science to disprove the supernatural but it is the job of real science to prove their own theories or "assertions". If those assertions are contrary to God's word then any attempts to prove them are the same thing as disproving the supernatural.
Jack Bauer
And then a hero comes along....

Waco1947
JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

Waco1947 said:

For your reading pleasure, a couple of books by scientists affirming the supernatural God:

https://www.amazon.com/Science-God-Convergence-Scientific-Biblical/dp/1439129584

Using science to prove the supernatural is a fool's errand

D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

Waco1947 said:

Saying one a Christian (as you do) while arguing that God does not intervene in the world He created (as you do) is a bit more of a fool's errand than that.
Waco1947
historian said:

Immediately after your question are the applicable passages from Psalm 19 and Romans 1. The existence of God is self-evident to everyone who opens their eyes and pays attention.

It might not be the job of science to disprove the supernatural but it is the job of real science to prove their own theories or "assertions". If those assertions are contrary to God's word then any attempts to prove them are the same thing as disproving the supernatural.
The job of science is not disprove the supernatural (although as a happy by product science dismisses superstition and the supernatural). Historian, you are trying to use science to prove the supernatural. Science could give a pfft about the supernatural.

it is the job of real science to prove their own theories or "assertions". If those assertions are contrary to God's word then any attempts to prove them are the same thing as disproving the supernatural.

Because supernatural entities (i.e. the "God" of conservatives) are not a part of nature, supernatural entities cannot be investigated by science. In this sense, science and religion are separate and address aspects of human understanding in different ways. Attempts to pit science and religion against each other create controversy where none needs to exist.

The realm of faith is not science but love as in God is love and You shall love God and your neighbor as yourself. This is purview of the Christian faith. Challenge me on the witness of love in our world but not superstition and the supernatural.
My faith stance stumps you because you want to engage in a nonsensical debate about the supernatural. I would invite you to consider and live into the love commandment and ways you and I can share the good news of Jesus Christ.
The invitation to love alongside me is somehow foreign to you but we are Christian brothers in the faith.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

historian said:

The job of science is not disprove the supernatural (although as a happy by product science dismisses superstition and the supernatural). Historian, you are trying to use science to prove the supernatural. Science could give a pfft about the supernatural.

it is the job of real science to prove their own theories or "assertions". If those assertions are contrary to God's word then any attempts to prove them are the same thing as disproving the supernatural.

Because supernatural entities (i.e. the "God" of conservatives) are not a part of nature, supernatural entities cannot be investigated by science. In this sense, science and religion are separate and address aspects of human understanding in different ways. Attempts to pit science and religion against each other create controversy where none needs to exist.

The realm of faith is not science but love as in God is love and You shall love God and your neighbor as yourself. This is purview of the Christian faith. Challenge me on the witness of love in our world but not superstition and the supernatural.
My faith stance stumps you because you want to engage in a nonsensical debate about the supernatural. I would invite you to consider and live into the love commandment and ways you and I can share the good news of Jesus Christ.
The invitation to love alongside me is somehow foreign to you but we are Christian brothers in the faith.

You don't have a "faith stance."
You don't believe in a God who exists.
You don't believe in the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

Waco1947 said:

Saying one a Christian (as you do) while arguing that God does not intervene in the world He created (as you do) is a bit more of a fool's errand than that.
All Jesus asked me to do is to love him and feed his sheep; to fulfill the love commandment and to recognize that God is love. On Christ the solid rock all other ground is sinking sand.
esus sought me when a stranger
Wandering from the fold of God
He to rescue me from danger
Bought me with His precious blood
Oh to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be
Let Thy goodness like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart Lord, take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above

You cannot deny my witness as expressed in this old Cokesbury hymn.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

Waco1947 said:

All Jesus asked me to do is to love him and feed his sheep; to fulfill the love commandment and to recognize that God is love. On Christ the solid rock all other ground is sinking sand.

Yeah, but you don't believe that Jesus is God in the flesh. You think he is a moral teacher who told us to be nice to each other. Unless He is God incarnate, His blood doesn't rescue anyone from any thing and cannot buy anything.

You don't believe that God is anything but a concept of human imagination. Over and over again you claim that there is no supernatural. That is the argument of a materialist. You don't recognize that God is, so you cannot recognize that God is love.
Oldbear83
Oh yes we can.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

historian said:

And here we go again with the same incoherent, contradictory nonsense where you repeatedly reject the supernatural but then espouse concepts that are completely supernatural.

Time and time again you've been shown this, but your response is either to pile even more incoherent, contradictory nonsense on top, or you choose not to respond all, completely ignoring people's questions that illustrate the fact.

But you've invited a challenge to your "witness of love", so here's a start:

Question: Is "love" a product of physics, or is it beyond physics?
historian
He is not the "God of conservatives". He is the one true God, the Creator of the universe, and the only hope any of us has. He is God. Anyone failing to acknowledge that is doomed, literally.

As far as "debate" is concerned, you are the only interested in that. I am correcting your errors. I am not putting science against religion, some scientists do that mostly because of their arrogance. They want to be gods but that is the ultimate fools errand because it is impossible.
Jack Bauer
We are so inclusive now that we have watered down the meaning of words to mean nothing.

"Moms and Dads" are now "grownups" which could be Grandma, Aunt, 2 Dads, a nannie, older sister, etc.

And now many kids can't even spell mother and father....yeah, progress!!!

historian
This is evil. The commies have been trying to destroy the family for many years in recent years the process has accelerated. The truly insidious part of this is that taxpayers are paying our public education system billions to do this and other kinds of evil (the trans ideology, CRT, etc).
Jack Bauer
You are more likely to be struck by lightning while holding the winning lottery ticket than having 2 transgender children....

historian
Unless they were trained that way
Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

You are more likely to be struck by lightning while holding the winning lottery ticket than having 2 transgender children....

Any better proof of Munchausen syndrome by Proxy. I believe she's lying about the suicide, but if she's not a total reflection on it.

JXL
Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

Waco1947 said:

Maybe you could contact Dr. Collins and Dr. Schroeder and let them know that their books are "fool's errands." Let us know what they reply, would you please?
Redbrickbear
Harrison Bergeron
Redbrickbear said:

I feel like this is one of 47's fever dream fantasies.
Redbrickbear
Harrison Bergeron
Redbrickbear said:

The Left is obsessed with Conversion Therapy.
historian
The Left is obsessed with many things. Too many of them are perverted and evil and they are all for those perverted evils. Mutilating children is just one of the more recent examples. Don't forget, they have been obsessed with murdering babies in the womb for 50+ years.
GrowlTowel
Harrison Bergeron said:

Redbrickbear said:

The Left is obsessed with Conversion Therapy.
Only when it is applied to straights. Try that on a homo and watch them lose their f-ing minds.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

Waco1947 said:

Yeah, but you don't believe that Jesus is God in the flesh. Strawman and stupid
You think he is a moral teacher who told us to be nice to each other. Strawman and stupid bc love is willingness to lay down one's life for another, That is beyond nice.

Unless He is God incarnate, His blood doesn't rescue anyone from any thing and cannot buy anything. What?

You don't believe that God is anything but a concept of human imagination. Over and over again you claim that there is no supernatural. That is the argument of a materialist. Another strawman. Jesus makes it clear that materialistic goals are worthless.

You don't recognize that God is, so you cannot recognize that God is love. Sophistry. I believe in God but I do not believe in your interpretation of God.

P.S. God is incarnate in Jesus and in you.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

And here we go again with the same incoherent, contradictory nonsense where you repeatedly reject the supernatural but then espouse concepts that are completely supernatural.

Time and time again you've been shown this, but your response is either to pile even more incoherent, contradictory nonsense on top, or you choose not to respond all, completely ignoring people's questions that illustrate the fact.

Beyond physics. Love is here and now. For example Physics nor science can determine if you love your wife.
KaiBear
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

Beyond physics. Love is here and now. For example Physics nor science can determine if you love your wife.

Why are you so fearful to disclose where you got your theology degree 'minister' ?
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

Waco1947 said:

Yeah, but you don't believe that Jesus is God in the flesh. Strawman and stupid
You think he is a moral teacher who told us to be nice to each other. Strawman and stupid bc love is willingness to lay down one's life for another, That is beyond nice.

Unless He is God incarnate, His blood doesn't rescue anyone from any thing and cannot buy anything. What?

You don't believe that God is anything but a concept of human imagination. Over and over again you claim that there is no supernatural. That is the argument of a materialist. Another strawman. Jesus makes it clear that materialistic goals are worthless.

You don't recognize that God is, so you cannot recognize that God is love. Sophistry. I believe in God but I do not believe in your interpretation of God.

P.S. God is incarnate in Jesus and in you.

You have used the wrong definition of materialist. Jesus was talking about a focus on material possessions. I am talking about the philosophy of materialism. This is the philosophical camp one must occupy when one rejects the existence of the supernatural and the philosophical camp that one cannot occupy the if one claims that God exists. Without the supernatural, nothing exists except matter and its movements and modifications. Materialism (the philosophy) is the theory that nothing exists except matter and its movements and modifications. This is your philosophy because you reject the supernatural.

You do not believe in God because God is supernatural and you do not believe in the supernatural. You believe in science. You have said so. Multiple times.

A person's belief in whether Jesus is actually God is not a straw man, nor is it stupid. When it comes to being a Christian or not being a Christian, it is the question on which all others depend.

When you say that the testimony of the hymn is that Jesus bought you with His precious blood, that requires that He be supernatural, something you don't believe in.

We are not God and to say that God is incarnate in us and He is incarnate in Jesus as though these are equivalent is not correct from a Christian perspective.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.