Understanding LGBTQ sexuality

95,405 Views | 1758 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by whitetrash
BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

..... said:

It is not possible, in process metaphysics, to conceive God's activity as a "supernatural" intervention into the "natural" order of events. Process theists usually regard the distinction between the supernatural and the natural as a by-product of the doctrine of creation ex nihilo. In process thought, there is no such thing as a realm of the natural in contrast to that which is supernatural. On the other hand, if "the natural" is defined more neutrally as "what is in the nature of things," then process metaphysics characterizes the natural as the creative activity of actual entities.
If you don't believe that there's a distinction between the natural and the supernatural, what exactly do you mean when you say you don't believe in the supernatural, that it is just a "superstition"?

I said, "in the realm of the natural there is no such thing as the supernatural." My understanding of the the natural is the that things and humans exist and science acts upon these entities. Humans. also, interact with the natural.
The "natural" is first and foremost science.
1. The natural is physics, biology, and chemistry
2. The natural is Entities like rock, dirt, tectonic plates, oceans, etc. Science acts on these.
3. The natural are beings who have a beginning date and expiration date, i.e. animals, fish, etc
4. Human beings who share some characteristics of sentient beings but have consciousness. I know yesterday, now, and tomorrow. We are of a different order - create language, writing.

Obviously, you ARE making such a distinction in order to say that you don't believe in it. What, then, is your definition of "supernatural" in this sense, that makes you think it is a superstition?
Thank you for your question and civility
At any rate more tomorrow
So in your belief, is God natural or is he beyond/outside the natural?
Natural but ,as in all things, what's the definition of natural? I go with the dictionary
of or in agreement with the character or makeup of, or circumstances surrounding, someone or something.
So, going by your definition of "natural" that you outlined above, where you said that first and foremost it is science - your belief is that God is "natural" in that he is contained within science, i.e. biology, chemistry, physics, etc? You said "natural" are those things that are acted upon by science - so you believe science acts upon God?
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

..... said:

It is not possible, in process metaphysics, to conceive God's activity as a "supernatural" intervention into the "natural" order of events. Process theists usually regard the distinction between the supernatural and the natural as a by-product of the doctrine of creation ex nihilo. In process thought, there is no such thing as a realm of the natural in contrast to that which is supernatural. On the other hand, if "the natural" is defined more neutrally as "what is in the nature of things," then process metaphysics characterizes the natural as the creative activity of actual entities.
If you don't believe that there's a distinction between the natural and the supernatural, what exactly do you mean when you say you don't believe in the supernatural, that it is just a "superstition"?

I said, "in the realm of the natural there is no such thing as the supernatural." My understanding of the the natural is the that things and humans exist and science acts upon these entities. Humans. also, interact with the natural.
2. The natural is Entities like rock, dirt, tectonic plates, oceans, etc. Science acts on these.
3. The natural are beings who have a beginning date and expiration date, i.e. animals, fish, etc
4. Human beings who share some characteristics of sentient beings but have consciousness. I know yesterday, now, and tomorrow. We are of a different order - create language, writing.

Obviously, you ARE making such a distinction in order to say that you don't believe in it. What, then, is your definition of "supernatural" in this sense, that makes you think it is a superstition?
Natural but ,as in all things, what's the definition of natural? I go with the dictionary
of or in agreement with the character or makeup of, or circumstances surrounding, someone or something.
So, going by your definition of "natural" that you outlined above, where you said that first and foremost it is science - your belief is that God is "natural" in that he is contained within science, i.e. biology, chemistry, physics, etc? You said "natural" are those things that are acted rotting upon
by science - so you believe science acts upon God?
God is spiritual. Science does not "act upon God". God is spiritual.
Science is the natural world. That's not God's domain. God is love and spiritual.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

..... said:

So, going by your definition of "natural" that you outlined above, where you said that first and foremost it is science - your belief is that God is "natural" in that he is contained within science, i.e. biology, chemistry, physics, etc? You said "natural" are those things that are acted rotting upon
Science is the natural world. That's not God's domain. God is love and spiritual.

Everything is "God's domain" if you want to call yourself a Christian.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

..... said:

I answered love and spiritual. And I don't think you're in a position to determine, What is Christian.. Take care of your own faith.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

..... said:

So, since you believe God is outside the natural, that means you believe God is supernatural, correct?
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

..... said:

I answered love and spiritual. And I don't think you're in a position to determine, What is Christian.. Take care of your own faith.

How does the spiritual world - where you allege God exists - differ from the natural world? And what evidence do you have of the spiritual world - outside of scripture?
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

..... said:

I am in a position to determine "what is a Christian" at the level I am doing so here, and not because I am a Christian but because I am not an idiot and I know that being a Christian involves certain beliefs.

You don't get to say you don't believe in the supernatural and simultaneously claim to believe in a God who created the world and everything in it. These are irreconcilable positions. This doesn't even get into more specifically Christian theology.

Harrison Bergeron
BusyTarpDuster2017
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

..... said:

I am in a position to determine "what is a Christian" at the level I am doing so here, and not because I am a Christian but because I am not an idiot and I know that being a Christian involves certain beliefs.

You don't get to say you don't believe in the supernatural and simultaneously claim to believe in a God who created the world and everything in it. These are irreconcilable positions. This doesn't even get into more specifically Christian theology.

He does not believe God created anything. He's stated that on record. He does not believe the very first verse of the bible, at least the literal interpretation of it. Just fyi.

That's why I'm trying to pin down exactly what or who he believes God is, and what he can or can't do.
historian
Nature is God's domain because He created it and controls it. He can make the sun go backwards, enable hundreds of thousands of people to cross a body of water on dry land (Red Sea & Jordan River), make water appear in command, instantly stop a storm, essentially defy the laws of physics & meteorology He wants. There is no limit in His power.
historian
God literally spoke everything into existence.
ATL Bear
Waco1947 said:

ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

Immediately after your question are the applicable passages from Psalm 19 and Romans 1. The existence of God is self-evident to everyone who opens their eyes and pays attention.

It might not be the job of science to disprove the supernatural but it is the job of real science to prove their own theories or "assertions". If those assertions are contrary to God's word then any attempts to prove them are the same thing as disproving the supernatural.
The job of science is not disprove the supernatural (although as a happy by product science dismisses superstition and the supernatural). Historian, you are trying to use science to prove the supernatural. Science could give a pfft about the supernatural.

it is the job of real science to prove their own theories or "assertions". If those assertions are contrary to God's word then any attempts to prove them are the same thing as disproving the supernatural.

Because supernatural entities (i.e. the "God" of conservatives) are not a part of nature, supernatural entities cannot be investigated by science. In this sense, science and religion are separate and address aspects of human understanding in different ways. Attempts to pit science and religion against each other create controversy where none needs to exist.

The realm of faith is not science but love as in God is love and You shall love God and your neighbor as yourself. This is purview of the Christian faith. Challenge me on the witness of love in our world but not superstition and the supernatural.
My faith stance stumps you because you want to engage in a nonsensical debate about the supernatural. I would invite you to consider and live into the love commandment and ways you and I can share the good news of Jesus Christ.
The invitation to love alongside me is somehow foreign to you but we are Christian brothers in the faith.
And here we go again with the same incoherent, contradictory nonsense where you repeatedly reject the supernatural but then espouse concepts that are completely supernatural.

Time and time again you've been shown this, but your response is either to pile even more incoherent, contradictory nonsense on top, or you choose not to respond all, completely ignoring people's questions that illustrate the fact.

But you've invited a challenge to your "witness of love", so here's a start:

Question: Is "love" a product of physics, or is it beyond physics?
Beyond physics. Love is here and now. For example Physics nor science can determine if you love your wife.
If it's beyond physics, then it's supernatural. That's what supernatural means.

So you DO believe in the supernatural, correct?
Premise 1 -- We have laws of nature and physics. True
Apparently You think it is God. therefore your conclusion is
Conclusion: A supernatural God created the laws and physics

What and why is their origin? Again, prove that God created these laws and physics. Your proof is the Bible? Who says your supernatural is correct as opposed say to the Toltecs

One thing both religious and non religious agree upon is that the universe began as formless and empty. They also agree that inanimate matter was the beginning of the universe/world/etc. Genesis 1-5 and the Big Bang Theory.

So the first question I would ask you is do you believe energy and matter are self directing or are they beholden to laws? The second question I would ask you is why doesn't chaos reign and why does a clear order exist in nature? The final question I would ask is who or what set the laws in place that guided matter and energy in the direction it follows and has since the beginning? And that doesn't even ask the broader physics violation of nothing to something.

Ultimately we all reach a point of requiring the supernatural for our existence.
Oldbear83
historian said:

And Waco even takes issue with some of the Pronouns He used.
D. C. Bear
Oldbear83 said:

historian said:

There a connection between denying the reality that a spiritual God created the physical universe and denying the physical reality of what He created.
Oldbear83
D. C. Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

historian said:

There a connection between denying the reality that a spiritual God created the physical universe and denying the physical reality of what He created.
I believe Waco, like many humanists, deeply dislikes the implications of God's plan at work in our lives.
Jack Bauer
Maybe a boy being r@ped by an adult is taken out of context....sounds like something 47 would defend.

KaiBear
Oldbear83 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

historian said:

I believe Waco, like many humanists, deeply dislikes the implications of God's plan at work in our lives.

I believe he is merely a desperately lonely old guy who falls in and out of lucidity.
historian
Jack Bauer said:

Maybe a boy being r@ped by an adult is taken out of context....sounds like something 47 would defend.

The fascists in the media are morons, perverts, pure evil, or some combination.
Harrison Bergeron
Oldbear83 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

historian said:

I believe Waco, like many humanists, likes little boys.
Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

Joy Reid may be the only Token than can make Kamala Brown and Karine Jeanne-Pierre look moderately intelligent.
historian
Funny! Sadly it might be true.
Harrison Bergeron
Jeff Bezos about to be cancelled ... the Gaystapo will not be happy.

The second-richest man in the world discussed the importance of choices over "gifts," highlighting that while everyone possesses innate abilities or gifts, true pride comes from the choices one makes.

"You can never be proud of your gifts because they're gifts, they were given to you," he said. "You might be, you know, tall or you might be really good at math, or you might be extremely beautiful or handsome. There are many gifts, and you can only be proud really of your choices because those are the things that you are acting on."
historian
Bezos is correct.
But the perverted hubris movement won't like it because they want praise for poor decisions. They just won't say it that way.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

..... said:

Being a Christian is giving your life over to Christ. I have given my life over to Christ and that's not for you to judge. It's not a matter of doctor and it's a matter of faith
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

..... said:

He does not believe God created anything. He's stated that on record. He does not believe the very first verse of the bible, at least the literal interpretation of it. Just fyi.

That's why I'm trying to pin down exactly what or who he believes God is, and what he can or can't do.
Time and again I said God is spiritual and love.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

historian said:

Denying reality? What silliness. God is real.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

..... said:

Being a Christian is giving your life over to Christ. I have given my life over to Christ and that's not for you to judge. It's not a matter of doctor and it's a matter of faith

Being a Christian, in any sense of the word that is meaningful, also involves accepting who Christ is, and your claims against the reality of the supernatural preclude Christ being the Son of God since the Incarnation is a supernatural occurrence. You cannot "give your life over to Christ" if Christ is not a supernatural being, and that is very much for me or anyone else to judge. Don't even have to be a Christian to reach that conclusion, just have to have a somewhat functioning ability to reason. It is not sufficient to say that you agree with the ideas of Christ as though he was a moral or political philosopher like, for example, Karl Marx. One cannot be a "Christian" in the way that one could be a Marxist. It is not required to believe that Marx is the God becoming a man who died and was raised from the dead to be a Marxist. However, this is a a defining attribute of a Christian to view Christ in that way.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

historian said:

Denying reality? What silliness. God is real.

Unless the supernatural is real, and you have said over and over that it is not, then God is not real.

Both ways, have it you cannot.
Harrison Bergeron
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

..... said:

Time and again I said God a little boy is spiritual for me to groom and love diddle.
FIFY.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

..... said:

So answer my question: since you believe God is outside the natural (i.e. God is not defined by or subject to science) doesn't that mean you believe he is supernatural?
Jack Bauer
No doubt, a hero to Waco47

historian
Harrison Bergeron said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

..... said:

Time and again I said God a little boy is spiritual for me to groom and love diddle.
FIFY.

This CC is counterproductive.
Jack Bauer
Joy Reid - "what credentials give you the expertise that this book is not appropriate for kids!!!!"

Waco1947
DC, Your claim that Christ is the Son of God because the Incarnation is a supernatural occurrence is a false premise.
Jesus is the Son of God for several reasons. One is Jesus' perfect obedience in love to His Father. Another is the Eucharist in which Jesus becomes incarnate in the wine and bread. Jesus , also, becomes incarnate in the poor, sick, imprisoned, the hungry.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

..... said:

So answer my question: since you believe God is outside the natural (i.e. God is not defined by or subject to science) doesn't that mean you believe he is supernatural?
God is not "outside" the natural God is very much the a part the human world. God's love flows through humans in their daily activities in the natural world.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.