Understanding LGBTQ sexuality

91,266 Views | 1686 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by 4th and Inches
KaiBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

No claim? You're being intellectually dishonest.

No, I am not being "intellectually dishonest." I am using only the arguments needed to demonstrate the point I am making. No claim as to the reality of the existence of God is needed.
oh please " the arguments needed to demonstrate the point on making" references an intellectual statement and is dishonest

You have shown nothing of mine here that is "dishonest."

Independent of the question of whether God exists, you cannot hold that the Christian God exists and that there is no supernatural.

You can have one or the other.

You cannot have both.

With a Christian view you cannot have both because the Christian God is not part of nature and the Christian God literally stepped into history in the person of Jesus, a person who walked this world as a physical man. There is no explanation other than an event that is outside the laws of nature, which makes it, by definition, supernatural.

The question of whether God in general or the Christian God in particular exists is entirely separate from whether you can believe in the Christian God and believe in materialism simultaneously.
Jesus of course by definition is a Supernatural being, he is God in the flesh, fully a human, yet fully God. This was a supernatural event. His birth was a Supernatural event. His resurrection was a Supernatural event.

If we don't believe this, we don't believe in God, but some other god.

Eloquently stated and 100% correct.

Forest remains the best read on this message board.
historian
https://stream.org/new-research-on-conversion-therapy-turns-lgbtq-narrative-on-its-head New Research on 'Conversion Therapy' Turns LGBTQ Narrative on Its Head
Redbrickbear
Waco1947
Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

No, I am not being "intellectually dishonest." I am using only the arguments needed to demonstrate the point I am making. No claim as to the reality of the existence of God is needed.
oh please " the arguments needed to demonstrate the point on making" references an intellectual statement and is dishonest

Independent of the question of whether God exists, you cannot hold that the Christian God exists and that there is no supernatural.

You cannot have both.

With a Christian view you cannot have both because the Christian God is not part of nature and the Christian God literally stepped into history in the person of Jesus, a person who walked this world as a physical man. There is no explanation other than an event that is outside the laws of nature, which makes it, by definition, supernatural.

The question of whether God in general or the Christian God in particular exists is entirely separate from whether you can believe in the Christian God and believe in materialism simultaneously.
Jesus of course by definition is a Supernatural being, he is God in the flesh, fully a human, yet fully God. This was a supernatural event. His birth was a Supernatural event. His resurrection was a Supernatural event.

Jesus is not a superpower being like superman. The very few for you're trying to reach for the good news of Jesus Christ find that statement utterly nonsensical.
Waco1947
Waco1947
Redbrickbear said:

a lot more remember your dumbass cruelty
Waco1947
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

You cannot have both.

Jesus is not a superpower being like superman. The very few for you're trying to reach for the good news of Jesus Christ find that statement utterly nonsensical.

Your first sentence is correct. Superman is fictional, Jesus is the Son of God, a real, physical man.

Your second collection of words don't form a coherent sentence.
KaiBear
Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

You cannot have both.

The very few for you're trying to reach for the good news of Jesus Christ find that statement utterly nonsensical.

Day nurse must have given you the 'green' pill again.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

It is not cruel to tell someone who is a woman but thinks she is a man that she is actually a woman and not actually a man.

Working with patients who experience gender dysphoria is a job for a psychological counselor or for a psychiatrist, it is not a job for a surgeon, and it is not a good idea to encourage delusions among mental patients. Physical reality actually matters.
4th and Inches
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

It is not cruel to tell someone who is a woman but thinks she is a man that she is actually a woman and not actually a man.

Working with patients who experience gender dysphoria is a job for a psychological counselor or for a psychiatrist, it is not a job for a surgeon, and it is not a good idea to encourage delusions among mental patients. Physical reality actually matters.
in foreign countries like Thailand. They called themselves lady boys, they don't believe they're actually women

only the people who have mental illness believe they're actually women.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

You cannot have both.

Your first sentence is correct. Superman is fictional, Jesus is the Son of God, a real, physical man.

Jesus is historical, the son of God and a real physical man.
I am sorry for the incoherence. If you are trying to reach people with the good news of Jesus Christ then asking them to believe nonsense is stupid. Focus on who Jesus is for the us not some fantastical being that defies science.
Waco1947
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

You cannot have both.

I am sorry for the incoherence. If you are trying to reach people with the good news of Jesus Christ then asking them to believe nonsense is stupid. Focus on who Jesus is for the us not some fantastical being that defies science.
dont the works of Jesus defy science?

Explain the walk on water, the calming of the storms, the feeding of thousands, the raising of Lazarus..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Forest Bueller_bf
Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

You cannot have both.

Who said he was Superman. However, those longing for the Good News of the Savior know he is God Incarnate. They also understand that He is beyond the natural realm.

When Jesus asked Peter, Who do YOU say that I am? His reply was You are the Christ. the Son of the living God. Which Jesus then said this was revealed to him by God not man. Peter knew Jesus was beyond a mortal man. He knew Christ was deity. Only God can reveal that to a man.

You saying it isn't so, just reveals that God has not revealed this truth to you, yet.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

You cannot have both.

So you acknowledge he was a real physical person. But you said God "sent" him. So how then did God "send" a physical person into our natural world, if he doesn't have the power to intervene in the natural world?
Jack Bauer
Looney Tunes...

historian
"And the men marveled, saying, 'What sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him?'" Matthew 8:27
historian
Child abuse
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

You cannot have both.

So you acknowledge he was a real physical person. But you said God "sent" him. So how then did God "send" a physical person into our natural world, if he doesn't have the power to intervene in the natural world?
Ask and answered. You're being obtuse I have said repeatedly it has to do with the sacred and the spiritual not the supernatural.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

You cannot have both.

Ask and answered. You're being obtuse I have said repeatedly it has to do with the sacred and the spiritual not the supernatural.

Answered?
No, it isn't answered.
1. You say that Jesus was sent by God.
2. You say that Jesus was "historical" and "a real physical man."
3. You say that there is no supernatural.
4. There is no rational universe in which all three of those propositions are true.

The spiritual is supernatural.

Which one or ones do you really believe?
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

You cannot have both.

No, you didn't answer. Now you're lying, or you're just forgetful.

And the "answer" you're giving here - "it has to do with the sacred and the spiritual not the supernatural" is not an answer to the question. You're not explaining how the spiritual and the physical are connected. You obviously think they are connected, because you believe God, who you believe is spirit, "sent" Jesus, who you believe was a real, physical person. You can't believe this, unless you believe God can make something physically happen in the natural world. But your belief is that God CAN'T do this. These beliefs logically contradict each other, right?

So answer the question: if God doesn't have the power to make something happen in the physical world, then how did God make something happen in the physical world by "sending" Jesus?
Jack Bauer
"Love wins!"

Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

You cannot have both.

And the "answer" you're giving here - "it has to do with the sacred and the spiritual not the supernatural" is not an answer to the question. You're not explaining how the spiritual and the physical are connected. You obviously think they are connected, because you believe God, who you believe is spirit, "sent" Jesus, who you believe was a real, physical person. You can't believe this, unless you believe God can make something physically happen in the natural world. But your belief is that God CAN'T do this. These beliefs logically contradict each other, right?

So answer the question: if God doesn't have the power to make something happen in the physical world, then how did God make something happen in the physical world by "sending" Jesus?

Not lying You have yet to prove the
"supernatural".
Waco1947
GrowlTowel
Why are you people arguing religion with a person that cannot understand grammar and punctuation?
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

You cannot have both.

Not lying You have yet to prove the
"supernatural".
Why am I the one who needs to prove it? YOU'RE the one who is making the supernatural claim. You are claiming that a spirit can make something happen in the physical world. I'm asking how this is possible. So answer the question.
JXL
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

You cannot have both.

Is Jesus dead, or is He alive? Not "he lives, within my heart," is He actually alive?
Waco1947
Because you lay claim to it
Waco1947
Waco1947
In my soul. Where does he live with you?
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

You're laying claim to it by saying a spirit can make something happen in the physical world. That is supernatural power defined.

Now please quit dodging and answer the question. Realize that your theology is proven false if you can't answer it. Here it is again : if God doesn't have the power to make something happen in the physical world, then how did God make something happen in the physical world by "sending" Jesus?
historian
"For nothing will be impossible with God."
Luke 1:37

"But he said, 'What is impossible with man is possible with God.'" Luke 18:27

God is omnipotent. There is no limit to His power. He can do anything He wills.
Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

"Love wins!"

The left has always been a party of hatred and division.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

In my soul. Where does he live with you?
OK Mister ThereIsNoSupernatural, what makes a soul, and how do you measure one with Science?
Jack Bauer
When you need 8 year olds to validate you....you need professional help.

historian
This kind of person has no business being left alone in a room full of 8 year olds.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

You're laying claim to it by saying a spirit can make something happen in the physical world. That is supernatural power defined.

Now please quit dodging and answer the question. Realize that your theology is proven false if you can't answer it. Here it is again : if God doesn't have the power to make something happen in the physical world, then how did God make something happen in the physical world by "sending" Jesus?
Answer your own question. How does it happen?
Waco1947
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

You are the one who is making the contradictory claims that God has no power over the physical world and that God manifested himself physically in the person of Jesus, (which requires him to have power over the physical world). You are the one with some explaining to do.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

My question doesn't apply to me, because I'm not the one who believes God doesn't have the power to make something happen in the physical world. That's YOUR theology, not mine.

So quit stalling and answer the question. Who knows how many people are reading this right now - they're wondering why you continue to dodge and play games. Do you want to everyone to think you are a dishonest fraud, and that your theology has been proven a failure?

We're all awaiting your response.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.