Understanding LGBTQ sexuality

91,290 Views | 1686 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by 4th and Inches
BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

1) you believe God SENT Jesus, which means that God's will was manifested in the physical world....

2) you believe God DOESN'T have the power to manifest his will in the physical world.

Can you see that these two beliefs are contradictory?

If you don't believe God can "maneuver physics", then how did God "SEND" Jesus? If God can't maneuver physics, then Jesus' arrival to this earth was solely the result of the undirected forces of physics and chance. God couldn't have had anything to do with it.
Waco47, these questions above are ones I would like you to respond to. Aren't these beliefs of yours contradictory? If you believe God can "send" Jesus, then why can't God send a plague, earthquake, or hurricane?

It behooves your theology and personal intellectual honesty to answer these.
Jack Bauer
Redbrickbear
Waco1947
Sam Lowry said:

Waco1947 said:

Scientists do not refer to the Bible for any answers in physics, chemistry and biology
Then why do you refer to science books for answers in theology? Good question.
I refer to science to counter a superstition that 'God is supernatural'.

DC and Lib are making a scientific claim which is 'the supernatural is above the natural and can act on 'His' supernatural powers at 'his' own volition."
My reference to God is consistently spiritual not scientific.
nein51
Trans and queer child sex predators. Sure. I'm good with that.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Quote:

1) you believe God SENT Jesus, which means that God's will was manifested in the physical world....

2) you believe God DOESN'T have the power to manifest his will in the physical world.

If you don't believe God can "maneuver physics", then how did God "SEND" Jesus? Your answer is that God supernaturally send Jesus. My answer is that our understanding of God is evolving nature, to deities in entities to a council of gods, to a council of gods of which God was the arbiter of the council to a wrathful God, but always we, humans, began seeing seeing deeper insights into God as, grace, love and discovering that fullness of life is ground in the love commandment. Jesus understood that this last understanding of God as love and grace and lived out that love perfectly. This was the proclamation and good news of the early Church "in Jesus we see God's son who lives out his life in perfect love of the love commandment.
see jes then see God If God can't maneuver physics, then Jesus' arrival to this earth was solely the result of the undirected forces of physics and chance. God couldn't have had anything to do with it.

Waco47, these questions above are ones I would like you to respond to. Aren't these beliefs of yours contradictory? If you believe God can "send" Jesus, then why can't God send a plague, earthquake, or hurricane? Because God is spiritual and acts in love not is harm by physics, chemistry, or biology.

D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Waco1947 said:

Scientists do not refer to the Bible for any answers in physics, chemistry and biology

DC and Lib are making a scientific claim which is 'the supernatural is above the natural and can act on 'His' supernatural powers at 'his' own volition."

I am not making a "scientific claim." I am not even making a claim here that God exists. I am making a logical claim that is internally consistent and that you have refused thus far to address.

God, at least the Christian God, is by definition supernatural. You claim to believe in the Christian God and you claim to disbelieve the supernatural. Holding these two beliefs simultaneously is incompatible with reason.

If you do not accept a supernatural God, you cannot accept the Christian God.

Perhaps you should try pantheism.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Quote:

If you don't believe God can "maneuver physics", then how did God "SEND" Jesus? Your answer is that God supernaturally send Jesus. My answer is that our understanding of God is evolving nature, to deities in entities to a council of gods, to a council of gods of which God was the arbiter of the council to a wrathful God, but always we, humans, began seeing seeing deeper insights into God as, grace, love and discovering that fullness of life is ground in the love commandment. Jesus understood that this last understanding of God as love and grace and lived out that love perfectly. This was the proclamation and good news of the early Church "in Jesus we see God's son who lives out his life in perfect love of the love commandment.
see jes then see God If God can't maneuver physics, then Jesus' arrival to this earth was solely the result of the undirected forces of physics and chance. God couldn't have had anything to do with it.

Waco47, these questions above are ones I would like you to respond to. Aren't these beliefs of yours contradictory? If you believe God can "send" Jesus, then why can't God send a plague, earthquake, or hurricane? Because God is spiritual and acts in love not is harm by physics, chemistry, or biology.

Then how did a spiritual God, acting in love, SEND Jesus? How did he achieve a physical act in our natural world? You do believe Jesus was a real, physical person don't you?
historian
Redbrickbear said:

… only if they commit sex crimes against children.
4th and Inches
historian said:

Redbrickbear said:

they dont think they are committing crimes
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
D. C. Bear
4th and Inches said:

historian said:

Redbrickbear said:

After all, "love is love," age is just a number and who are you to judge.
nein51
D. C. Bear said:

4th and Inches said:

historian said:

Redbrickbear said:

After all, "love is love," age is just a number and who are you to judge.

Kinsey and Money would have agreed with that statement.
historian
4th and Inches said:

historian said:

Redbrickbear said:

It doesn't matter what they think. Some men think they are women, some homosexuals think that their chosen lifestyle is normal, the Supreme Court has unconstitutionally "legalized" same sex "marriage", etc. None of these is factually correct. Men are men and that will never change. There is nothing normal about a behavior chosen by a tiny fraction of the population. Only Congress has the constitutional authority to make laws.

People might be able to live with their delusions but that does not spare them from the factual or legal consequences. And if someone thinks it's ok to molest a child they are still wrong snd deserve the severest penalty for committing that crime.

Reality is not optional.
4th and Inches
historian said:

4th and Inches said:

historian said:

Redbrickbear said:

It doesn't matter what they think. Some men think they are women, some homosexuals think that their chosen lifestyle is normal, the Supreme Court has unconstitutionally "legalized" same sex "marriage", etc. None of these is factually correct. Men are men and that will never change. There is nothing normal about a behavior chosen by a tiny fraction of the population. Only Congress has the constitutional authority to make laws.

People might be able to live with their delusions but that does not spare them from the factual or legal consequences. And if someone thinks it's ok to molest a child they are still wrong snd deserve the severest penalty for committing that crime.

Reality is not optional.
right, have you ever tried to have a rational conversation with an irrational person?
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
historian
I think we all have. Sometimes in these boards!
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Waco1947 said:

I am not making a "scientific claim." I am not even making a claim here that God exists. I am making a logical claim that is internally consistent and that you have refused thus far to address.

God, at least the Christian God, is by definition supernatural. You claim to believe in the Christian God and you claim to disbelieve the supernatural. Holding these two beliefs simultaneously is incompatible with reason.

Yes, you are making a "scientific claim". God has power over physics is a scientific claim.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Waco1947 said:

Yes, you are making a "scientific claim". God has power over physics is a scientific claim.

I am not making that claim here, even if it would be a scientific claim. Again, I am not making the claim that God even exists, never mind that he. Has "control over physics." So, no, I am not making a "scientific claim."
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Waco1947 said:

Then you too are making a scientific claim by saying God sent Jesus, aren't you? If God "sent" Jesus, it means he achieved a physical act of his willing in our natural world. How did he do that, if he doesn't have the power? You are avoiding this question.
Waco1947
No claim? You're being intellectually dishonest.
Waco1947
I am making a spiritual claim. Stop putting words in my mouth.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

How is saying God sent Jesus a spiritual claim? Wasn't Jesus an actual physical person?
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

No, I am not being "intellectually dishonest." I am using only the arguments needed to demonstrate the point I am making. No claim as to the reality of the existence of God is needed.
Redbrickbear
nein51
This issue is insane. You would lose your license if you affirmed a schizophrenic's delusions as real. You wouldn't affirm an anorexic patients dysmorphia as real.

I cannot comprehend why the world has gone literally stupid on this issue.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

How is saying God sent Jesus a spiritual claim? Wasn't Jesus an actual physical person?
See Paul for connection between God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit and you will see the spiritual connection
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

No, I am not being "intellectually dishonest." I am using only the arguments needed to demonstrate the point I am making. No claim as to the reality of the existence of God is needed.
oh please " the arguments needed to demonstrate the point on making" references an intellectual statement and is dishonest
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

See Paul for connection between God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit and you will see the spiritual connection
That's not what I asked. I didn't ask whether there was any spiritual component to Jesus. I'm asking you point blank - was Jesus an actual physical person?

Answer, please. Its a very simple question.
ATL Bear
nein51 said:

This issue is insane. You would lose your license if you affirmed a schizophrenic's delusions as real. You wouldn't affirm an anorexic patients dysmorphia as real.

I cannot comprehend why the world has gone literally stupid on this issue.
Nailed it. The other concept I can't grasp, as the statement above seems to tout, is how does gender affirming care help to remove the "suicide and mental health issue creating" stigma associated with transgenderism? It's as if they believe physical alterations will somehow make the world participate in the mental delusion as well.

The reality that has become ignored more is that public stigma isn't driving the mental health issues or suicide, it's the real mental health issue of a conflict in the physical and mental condition of the person.
Harrison Bergeron
There is no evidence that transexual kids have any higher suicide rate vs other groups or that Conversion Therapy has any impact on outcomes.

https://manhattan.institute/article/pediatric-gender-medicine-and-the-moral-panic-over-suicide
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/11/24/trans-kids-therapy-psychologist/
https://www.city-journal.org/article/reckless-and-irresponsible

Realize Pravda is behind a paywall.

I took cannot understand how we have gone insane. Either:
1. The Establishment has been fully captured by Big Pharma, which is making millions mutilating kids
2. The Establishment now considers gay activists the basis of T'Science
nein51
Correct. There's nothing showing trans people post "affirming care" are any better off than before in terms of suicide rates.

That's because people with mental health issues have high rates of suicide.
Harrison Bergeron
Regardless, threatening suicide should not be a license for any behavior.
nein51
Harrison Bergeron said:

They are often coached to use particular language to get what they want. That includes suicidal language.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

oh please " the arguments needed to demonstrate the point on making" references an intellectual statement and is dishonest

You have shown nothing of mine here that is "dishonest."

Independent of the question of whether God exists, you cannot hold that the Christian God exists and that there is no supernatural.

You can have one or the other.

You cannot have both.

With a Christian view you cannot have both because the Christian God is not part of nature and the Christian God literally stepped into history in the person of Jesus, a person who walked this world as a physical man. There is no explanation other than an event that is outside the laws of nature, which makes it, by definition, supernatural.

The question of whether God in general or the Christian God in particular exists is entirely separate from whether you can believe in the Christian God and believe in materialism simultaneously.
Harrison Bergeron
nein51 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

They are often coached to use particular language to get what they want. That includes suicidal language.
Exactly. They crazies know if the say "suicide" it is a free pass to Conversion Therapy.
Forest Bueller_bf
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

You have shown nothing of mine here that is "dishonest."

Independent of the question of whether God exists, you cannot hold that the Christian God exists and that there is no supernatural.

You can have one or the other.

You cannot have both.

With a Christian view you cannot have both because the Christian God is not part of nature and the Christian God literally stepped into history in the person of Jesus, a person who walked this world as a physical man. There is no explanation other than an event that is outside the laws of nature, which makes it, by definition, supernatural.

The question of whether God in general or the Christian God in particular exists is entirely separate from whether you can believe in the Christian God and believe in materialism simultaneously.
Jesus of course by definition is a Supernatural being, he is God in the flesh, fully a human, yet fully God. This was a supernatural event. His birth was a Supernatural event. His resurrection was a Supernatural event.

If we don't believe this, we don't believe in God, but some other god.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.