Understanding LGBTQ sexuality

95,466 Views | 1758 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by whitetrash
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Because you lay claim to it
You're laying claim to it by saying a spirit can make something happen in the physical world. That is supernatural power defined.

Now please quit dodging and answer the question. Realize that your theology is proven false if you can't answer it. Here it is again : if God doesn't have the power to make something happen in the physical world, then how did God make something happen in the physical world by "sending" Jesus?
Answer your own question. How does it happen?
s u p e r n a t u r a l l y

Duh
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Jack Bauer
historian
Overgrown children throwing a tantrum because they cannot cope with reality! Pathetic.
nein51
historian said:

Overgrown children throwing a tantrum because they cannot cope with reality! Pathetic.

But they are literally killed because they can't put other on their DL
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

all mammals have a male and a female of the species. We are no different in that respect biologically from dogs, cats, bears, monkeys or giraffes
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
historian
They'll get over it!
historian
"Reality is not optional."
Jack Bauer
Filming your young child's confusion for your own validation is child abuse.

Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

You're laying claim to it by saying a spirit can make something happen in the physical world. That is supernatural power defined.

Now please quit dodging and answer the question. Realize that your theology is proven false if you can't answer it. Here it is again : if God doesn't have the power to make something happen in the physical world, then how did God make something happen in the physical world by "sending" Jesus?

You are the one who is making the contradictory claims that God has no power over the physical world
does God have power over the physical world what is your proof? Until you prove your claim that God has power over the physical then we have no common ground as to our "physical claims. So prove your claim. I may agree with you.
and that God manifested himself physically in the person of Jesus, (which requires him to have power over the physical world).This is sophistry - subtly deceptive reasoning or argumentation.

Waco1947
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

No claim? You're being intellectually dishonest.

No, I am not being "intellectually dishonest." I am using only the arguments needed to demonstrate the point I am making. No claim as to the reality of the existence of God is needed.
oh please " the arguments needed to demonstrate the point on making" references an intellectual statement and is dishonest

You have shown nothing of mine here that is "dishonest."

Independent of the question of whether God exists, you cannot hold that the Christian God exists and that there is no supernatural.

You can have one or the other.

You cannot have both.

With a Christian view you cannot have both because the Christian God is not part of nature and the Christian God literally stepped into history in the person of Jesus, a person who walked this world as a physical man. There is no explanation other than an event that is outside the laws of nature, which makes it, by definition, supernatural.

The question of whether God in general or the Christian God in particular exists is entirely separate from whether you can believe in the Christian God and believe in materialism simultaneously.
Jesus of course by definition is a Supernatural being, he is God in the flesh, fully a human, yet fully God. This was a supernatural event. His birth was a Supernatural event. His resurrection was a Supernatural event.

If we don't believe this, we don't believe in God, but some other god.

Jesus is not a superpower being like superman. The very few for you're trying to reach for the good news of Jesus Christ find that statement utterly nonsensical.

Your first sentence is correct. Superman is fictional, Jesus is the Son of God, a real, physical man.

Your second collection of words don't form a coherent sentence.
Jesus is historical, the son of God and a real physical man.
So you acknowledge he was a real physical person. But you said God "sent" him. So how then did God "send" a physical person into our natural world, if he doesn't have the power to intervene in the natural world?
Ask and answered. You're being obtuse I have said repeatedly it has to do with the sacred and the spiritual not the supernatural.

Answered?
No, it isn't answered.
1. You say that Jesus was sent by God.
2. You say that Jesus was "historical" and "a real physical man."
3. You say that there is no supernatural.
4. There is no rational universe in which all three of those propositions are true. There is no rational universe in which the supernatural somehow has power over science or the physical universe.
The supernatural is not a category of science and science governs the universe.

The spiritual is supernatural. What is your definition of the supernatural?

My definition of the supernatural is that there is a power which is moved by an entity who has power over physics, chemistry, and biology.

Which one or ones do you really believe?
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017
Quote:

My definition of the supernatural is that there is a power which is moved by an entity who has power over physics, chemistry, and biology.
If God doesn't have that power, then how did he "send" Jesus?

You still haven't answered this question. Why are you avoiding it? That is not indicative of someone who cares about the truth.
ShooterTX
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

You are the one who is making the contradictory claims that God has no power over the physical world
does God have power over the physical world what is your proof? Until you prove your claim that God has power over the physical then we have no common ground as to our "physical claims. So prove your claim. I may agree with you.
and that God manifested himself physically in the person of Jesus, (which requires him to have power over the physical world).This is sophistry - subtly deceptive reasoning or argumentation.

You keep requiring others to prove to you that the super natural exists... but you have never attempted to prove that the spiritual exists... not have you proven the existence of the soul.
Can you even attempt to prove your beliefs?
ShooterTX
ShooterTX
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

No claim? You're being intellectually dishonest.

No, I am not being "intellectually dishonest." I am using only the arguments needed to demonstrate the point I am making. No claim as to the reality of the existence of God is needed.
oh please " the arguments needed to demonstrate the point on making" references an intellectual statement and is dishonest

You have shown nothing of mine here that is "dishonest."

Independent of the question of whether God exists, you cannot hold that the Christian God exists and that there is no supernatural.

You can have one or the other.

You cannot have both.

With a Christian view you cannot have both because the Christian God is not part of nature and the Christian God literally stepped into history in the person of Jesus, a person who walked this world as a physical man. There is no explanation other than an event that is outside the laws of nature, which makes it, by definition, supernatural.

The question of whether God in general or the Christian God in particular exists is entirely separate from whether you can believe in the Christian God and believe in materialism simultaneously.
Jesus of course by definition is a Supernatural being, he is God in the flesh, fully a human, yet fully God. This was a supernatural event. His birth was a Supernatural event. His resurrection was a Supernatural event.

If we don't believe this, we don't believe in God, but some other god.

Jesus is not a superpower being like superman. The very few for you're trying to reach for the good news of Jesus Christ find that statement utterly nonsensical.

Your first sentence is correct. Superman is fictional, Jesus is the Son of God, a real, physical man.

Your second collection of words don't form a coherent sentence.
Jesus is historical, the son of God and a real physical man.
So you acknowledge he was a real physical person. But you said God "sent" him. So how then did God "send" a physical person into our natural world, if he doesn't have the power to intervene in the natural world?
Ask and answered. You're being obtuse I have said repeatedly it has to do with the sacred and the spiritual not the supernatural.

Answered?
No, it isn't answered.
1. You say that Jesus was sent by God.
2. You say that Jesus was "historical" and "a real physical man."
3. You say that there is no supernatural.
4. There is no rational universe in which all three of those propositions are true. There is no rational universe in which the supernatural somehow has power over science or the physical universe.
The supernatural is not a category of science and science governs the universe.

The spiritual is supernatural. What is your definition of the supernatural?

Which one or ones do you really believe?

Where is your proof that science governs the universe?
ShooterTX
Jack Bauer
Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

Trainies continue to punch above their weight in mass shootings I think five of the last six mass shootings have been carried out by trainies.
D. C. Bear
Harrison Bergeron said:

Jack Bauer said:

Trainies continue to punch above their weight in mass shootings I think five of the last six mass shootings have been carried out by trainies.

What might you expect to happen when you take people who are already mentally ill, feed them the lie that their comfort and celebration is more important than anyone or anything else, and then start pumping them full of male hormones?
ShooterTX
Trans is a serious mental illness... full stop.

ShooterTX
4th and Inches
ShooterTX said:

truth

–Horace

JXL
Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

DC, Your claim that Christ is the Son of God because the Incarnation is a supernatural occurrence is a false premise.
Jesus is the Son of God for several reasons. One is Jesus' perfect obedience in love to His Father. Another is the Eucharist in which Jesus becomes incarnate in the wine and bread. Jesus , also, becomes incarnate in the poor, sick, imprisoned, the hungry.

I do not claim that Jesus is the Son of God because of the Incarnation. Indeed, Jesus was the Son of God before the Incarnation. False Premise - you are reading the NT back into the OT. The OT was written is a particular time and place.

Nevertheless, it is not a "false premise" to say that the following combination of statements are incompatible with rational thought:
1. There is no supernatural. (You have repeatedly made this claim).
2. Jesus, a physical person, is God in the flesh. (A necessary but not sufficient belief to be identified as a Christian).False Premise. It is not necessary claim to be a Christian. The claim of Jesus on our lives is to Love Jesus and to feed his lambs.(John 21 "Simon son of John, do you love me?"

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you."

Both of these statements can be false, but they cannot both be true.

If you believe the first, you cannot be a Christian because you must believe the second (and more) to be a Christian and the two statement are logically incompatible. Mixing the supernatural with the natural is well...unnatural. The natural - Jesus the human as God's perfection reflection of God's love which is spiritual is logical. The commonality is love not supernatural.
I

So who was Jesus? Just some random guy who went around talking about "love," or more than that?
JXL I have not the patience or time to review my Christology with you, especially one who mischaracterizes my argument as "Jesus is some guy". That's just lazy thinking
Read back a couple pages

Great! Since Jesus is the Son of God, sent by God to earth, then we see that God can affect the physical world (by sending His Son into it), which is what you have been demanding proof of.

So there we go - you have the proof you wanted, from the best possible source - you yourself.
historian
I've figured out a workable solution to mass shootings & gun violence in America today. The Left wants to punish all of us by taking away our guns. Thankfully the Supreme Court and other courts generally don't allow them to do that. The solution is not to disarm the average law abiding citizen (duh!), it's to disarm radical Democrats: trans kooks (see list above), environmentalist whackos (the unibomber), gangbangers (daily occurrences in Chicago, NYC, Philly, LA, & many other cities controlled by Leftists), etc. This would likely apply to BLM, Antifa, & other such groups who rioted in 2020 & can be expected to do so again this election year. These modern day SS, SD, or SA are the modern day KKK: narrow minded bigots & the terrorist arm of the Democratic Party. The serve much the same function as the historic KKK. This is probably why Dem politicians don't want to punish these criminals.
Waco1947
JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

DC, Your claim that Christ is the Son of God because the Incarnation is a supernatural occurrence is a false premise.
Jesus is the Son of God for several reasons. One is Jesus' perfect obedience in love to His Father. Another is the Eucharist in which Jesus becomes incarnate in the wine and bread. Jesus , also, becomes incarnate in the poor, sick, imprisoned, the hungry.

I do not claim that Jesus is the Son of God because of the Incarnation. Indeed, Jesus was the Son of God before the Incarnation. False Premise - you are reading the NT back into the OT. The OT was written is a particular time and place.

Nevertheless, it is not a "false premise" to say that the following combination of statements are incompatible with rational thought:
2. Jesus, a physical person, is God in the flesh. (A necessary but not sufficient belief to be identified as a Christian).False Premise. It is not necessary claim to be a Christian. The claim of Jesus on our lives is to Love Jesus and to feed his lambs.(John 21 "Simon son of John, do you love me?"

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you."

If you believe the first, you cannot be a Christian because you must believe the second (and more) to be a Christian and the two statement are logically incompatible. Mixing the supernatural with the natural is well...unnatural. The natural - Jesus the human as God's perfection reflection of God's love which is spiritual is logical. The commonality is love not supernatural.
I

So who was Jesus? Just some random guy who went around talking about "love," or more than that?
JXL I have not the patience or time to review my Christology with you, especially one who mischaracterizes my argument as "Jesus is some guy". That's just lazy thinking
Read back a couple pages

Great! Since Jesus is the Son of God, sent by God to earth, then we see that God can affect the physical world (by sending His Son into it), which is what you have been demanding proof of.

So there we go - you have the proof you wanted, from the best possible source - you yourself.
It is all spiritual not physical.
Waco1947
ShooterTX
Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

I

Read back a couple pages

prove the existence of the "spiritual" and then we will prove the existence of the "supernatural".
You go first.
ShooterTX
Harrison Bergeron
ShooterTX said:

Trainies commit more hate crimes / mass shootings per capita than any other group.
nein51
It's almost like people with mental health issues have mental health issues
Jack Bauer
Harrison Bergeron said:

ShooterTX said:

Trainies commit more hate crimes / mass shootings per capita than any other group.

Let's remember the real victim - this LGBTQ mural on the street.

historian
Who would've expected that?!!!!
Jack Bauer
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

I

Read back a couple pages

Talking about Jesus and saying "It is all spiritual not physical" is logically incompatible with the statement that Jesus walked the earth "a real physical man." Both of these are your statements and they are irreconcilable.
Jack Bauer
If your Mom is an overweight white woman with no Dad in sight, your chances of bring transgender go up astronomically

D. C. Bear
Jack Bauer said:

If your Mom is an overweight white woman with no Dad in sight, your chances of bring transgender go up astronomically

This generation's lobotomy.
historian
This is very sad. I see two people who are having difficulty coping with reality so they invented a new one. But it's all a sham. Reality is not optional it is not defined by delusions.
JXL
Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

I

Read back a couple pages

So Jesus was a spiritual being, not a physical human?
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

I

Read back a couple pages

Talking about Jesus and saying "It is all spiritual not physical" is logically incompatible with the statement that Jesus walked the earth "a real physical man." Both of these are your statements and they are irreconcilable.
Jesus, Connection, the God the spiritual.
Waco1947
Waco1947
JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

I

Read back a couple pages

you are being obtuse. Of course Jesus is a physical being, but its connection to people and to God is spiritual, and the Scriptures prove me up.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

I

Read back a couple pages

you are being obtuse. Of course Jesus is a physical being, but its connection to people and to God is spiritual, and the Scriptures prove me up.
No, you are the one who is being obtuse. You are arguing in a circle to get around the obvious contradiction in your belief. You are saying God sent a physical Jesus, which means God achieved a physical act. But then you say it wasn't physical, it was all spiritual. It can't be all spiritual, if it was physical too.

You know this. You just aren't being honest about it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.