Understanding LGBTQ sexuality

95,334 Views | 1758 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by whitetrash
GrowlTowel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

I wonder if he's trolling all of us. It certainly seems that way with some of the posts.
If he is a troll, he has been doing it for a long, long time. He was on BaylorFans also for a number of years as well.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
historian
Denying Christ is clearly unchristian. Denying the reality of sin is false doctrine & dangerous. I will not try to judge someone else's faith. Only God can do that.
BusyTarpDuster2017
historian said:

Denying Christ is clearly unchristian. Denying the reality of sin is false doctrine & dangerous. I will not try to judge someone else's faith. Only God can do that.
I'm wanting OldBear to answer that question. I agree that its heretical and unchristian. You don't have to judge someone's faith in order to be able to judge the view or statement being made.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Because this site seems to count out other religions as worthy of belief. For the 4 billion who are not Christian what does "one way" mean? What about Christians who have a different interpretation of "one way"?

I see that the Bandwagon fallacy is in vogue today. No, your interpretation is not the "only interpretation'.

Followers of the Way do count out other religions as worthy of belief. They cannot follow the Way and hold that other religions are worthy of belief. For those who are not followers of the Way, it means that they do not have fellowship with the Father.

Christians don't have a "different interpretation" of the Way. It is a defining characteristic of the Way that fellowship with the Father is through the Son, and only through the Son.
" only through the Son" is an interpretation and is open to interpretation.
For instance, I interpret the way as the way of love and we live out of that love. We, Christians'. are a people of the Way as command in the Great Commandment
Waco1947
historian said:

Yeah, you judge people's faith. You have judged mine.
JXL
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Because this site seems to count out other religions as worthy of belief. For the 4 billion who are not Christian what does "one way" mean? What about Christians who have a different interpretation of "one way"?

I see that the Bandwagon fallacy is in vogue today. No, your interpretation is not the "only interpretation'.

Followers of the Way do count out other religions as worthy of belief. They cannot follow the Way and hold that other religions are worthy of belief. For those who are not followers of the Way, it means that they do not have fellowship with the Father.

Christians don't have a "different interpretation" of the Way. It is a defining characteristic of the Way that fellowship with the Father is through the Son, and only through the Son.
For instance, I interpret the way as the way of love and we live out of that love. We, Christians'. are a people of the Way as command in the Great Commandment

Do you interpret "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no one comes to the Father but by Me" as meaning something other than what it plainly says? If so, what?
historian
No, "only through the Son" is not subject to interpretation. It's pretty clear. Only means only. There is no other way.

That's not being judgmental. It's a statement of fundamental Christian doctrine and is backed up by scriptures.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

The bandwagon fallacy is shown when you say that the number of people who hold a view has an impact on whether that view is correct. That is not an "interpretation."

Christians are those who believe that Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Son of God and have placed their faith in him, not those who adhere to a philosophy of trying to be nice to each other.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

historian said:

He has judged your lack of faith, not your faith.
Waco1947
JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Do you interpret "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no one comes to the Father but by Me" as meaning something other than what it plainly says? If so, what? I interpret the way as the way of love and we live out of that love. We, Christians'. are a people of the Way as command in the Great Commandment as Jesus plainly says
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

He has judged your lack of faith, not your faith-Silliness He has judged as having no faith.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

He has judged your lack of faith, not your faith-Silliness He has judged as having no faith.

You have offered nothing except "do your best to be good, then die." There is no faith in what you say.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

You have offered nothing except "do your best to be good, then die." There is no faith in what you say.
The way of love and we live out of that love. We, Christians'. are a people of the Way as command in the Great Commandment as Jesus plainly says
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

historian said:

The way of love and we live out of that love. We, Christians'. are a people of the Way as command in the Great Commandment as Jesus plainly says

We are to be born again, as Jesus plainly says.
JXL
Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Do you interpret "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no one comes to the Father but by Me" as meaning something other than what it plainly says? If so, what? I interpret the way as the way of love and we live out of that love. We, Christians'. are a people of the Way as command in the Great Commandment as Jesus plainly says

How about the "no one comes to the Father except through Me" part?
Oldbear83
What gets lost so often in these internet arguments, is the question of what is to be done. As Christians we have an obligation to the person in trouble, not just to affirm an intellectual point but to help the person if that can be done.

Some here treat the argument as some kind of game, where points are scored by demeaning an opponent or saying the same thing over and over until one believes everyone agrees with him or her. The idea that there are people who can be wrong but need help seeing how to move forward, that it matters if you can help that person see the need to change their opinion on their own, rather than try to beat them into submission.

The human quality is all too missing in some of these discussions.
Harrison Bergeron
Is this:
1. It's not happening
2. It's happening and it's good
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/teen-girl-swimmers-again-forced-to-compete-shower-with-male-professor-50-who-identifies-as-woman/ar-AA1llEux
historian
A few years ago, that "dirty old man" would earn a well deserved trip to prison. Now supposed adults with responsibilities over children are promoting and encouraging thus perversion.

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." Isaiah 5:20
Jack Bauer
Harrison Bergeron said:

Is this:
1. It's not happening
2. It's happening and it's good
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/teen-girl-swimmers-again-forced-to-compete-shower-with-male-professor-50-who-identifies-as-woman/ar-AA1llEux

3. It's happening, and you are a transphobe for questioning it!
historian
Our reality in 2023 is very Orwellian but far more perverted.
BusyTarpDuster2017
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

1. Do you even know what the title "Christ" means? It refers to one person only, a specific person, 'anointed' by God for a specific purpose. It does not, and never has, meant someone who is one of many or just like other men who taught moral lessons. When used in context of Judaism, it has always referred to the Messiah, one man who intercedes for us with God the Father.

2. Jesus was always clear that following Him would mean being at odds with the world. It does not matter what most people want or like, being Christian means holding to Christ's teaching and commands even though they would be unpopular; Jesus even warned brothers would argue with brothers over him, and fathers with sons. There is only one way to serve Christ, and He was absolutely clear about that.

3. You may do as you see right. But if you deny Scripture in order to do what you want, then you make yourself your own god. Denying this truth will not change that it is so.

So, would you say that it's heretical and unchristian for Waco47 to say that homosexuality is NOT a sin, and that Jesus is NOT the only way?

OldBear, can we have an answer to this question?
Oldbear83
You had it yesterday at 7 PM, BTD.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Oldbear83 said:

You had it yesterday 1t 7 PM, BTD.
I'm not seeing any post of yours that resembles an answer to the question. I think you are mistaken. Here is the question again: would you say that it's heretical and unchristian for a professed Christian to say that homosexuality is NOT a sin, and that Jesus is NOT the only way?
Oldbear83
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

I'm not seeing any post of yours that resembles an answer to the question. I think you are mistaken. Here is the question again: would you say that it's heretical and unchristian for a professed Christian to say that homosexuality is NOT a sin, and that Jesus is NOT the only way?

You have been answered many times, BTD. Your problem is that you only accept answers that play the puppet for you.

I want people to grow and learn. You want to attack people you think are wrong. There is no common ground between us here. Please accept this fact and move on.
KaiBear
Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

I want people to grow and learn. You want to attack people you think are wrong.

Greatness

BusyTarpDuster2017
Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

You have been answered many times, BTD. Your problem is that you only accept answers that play the puppet for you.

I want people to grow and learn. You want to attack people you think are wrong. There is no common ground between us here. Please accept this fact and move on.
I don't know why you're attacking me. I simply asked a question. You still haven't answered it, despite what you're claiming. My question isn't attacking anyone. I'm not asking for any kind of common ground with you or anybody. I'm simply asking if you believe that to say homosexuality is not a sin and that Jesus isn't the only way is heretical and unchristian. I'm asking where you stand on principle. It's a fairly easy question to answer. So why are you avoiding it?
Oldbear83
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

I don't know why you're attacking me. I simply asked a question. You still haven't answered it, despite what you're claiming. My question isn't attacking anyone. I'm not asking for any kind of common ground with you or anybody. I'm simply asking if you believe that to say homosexuality is not a sin and that Jesus isn't the only way is heretical and unchristian. I'm asking where you stand on principle. It's a fairly easy question to answer. So why are you avoiding it?
I am not attacking you, it's very much the other way around.

I have explained several times that I do not see any Christian purpose in harassing someone in a forum, when you know full well all it will do is drive them to further denial and bitterness. I much prefer to try reasoning with that person and help them see for themselves the error in their thinking. Only that way can they be brought to agree that change is necessary.

If you cannot accept my posts as answers, put me on ignore and move on.

I have made my principles very clear.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

I have explained several times that I do not see any Christian purpose in harassing someone in a forum, when you know full well all it will do is drive them to further denial and bitterness. I much prefer to try reasoning with that person and help them see for themselves the error in their thinking. Only that way can they be brought to agree that change is necessary.

It's "very much the other way around"?? How am I attacking you? For asking a question? Who have I "harassed"? The only post I've made recently in this thread is my question to you, that's it!

You still haven't answered the question. If you don't want to answer the question, then say so. Don't try to say you answered it but you really didn't. That's not being honest. I just want honestly and clarity from people.
Oldbear83
BTD: " I just want honestly and clarity from people."

You have always had that from me. You rejected it because that is not what you want, judging from your behavior in this and other threads.

I have answered you fully and with courtesy. I will not, for your own sake, answer you further. For your own good I must put you on 'ignore', BTD.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Oldbear83 said:

BTD: " I just want honestly and clarity from people."

You have always had that from me. You rejected it because that is not what you want, judging from your behavior in this and other threads.

I have answered you fully and with courtesy. I will not, for your own sake, answer you further. For your own good I must put you on 'ignore', BTD.

If I've gotten honesty from you, I'd have an actual answer to the question, not avoidance of the question.

"You rejected it because that is not what you want" - that's correct. I reject it because what I want is an actual answer to the question, not avoidance of the question.
KaiBear
Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

I

I much prefer to try reasoning with that person and help them see for themselves the error in their thinking.

Greatness
BusyTarpDuster2017
Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

.... I much prefer to try reasoning with that person and help them see for themselves the error in their thinking.
Isn't that what I'm doing? Why is it when I do it, it's "attacking" but when you do it, it's a good thing?
whiterock
Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

classic woke authoritarianism: "anyone who disagrees with me is attacking me."
D. C. Bear
whiterock said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

classic woke authoritarianism: "anyone who disagrees with me is attacking me."

In fairness, the phrase "simply asking a question" rarely is.
KaiBear
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

.... I much prefer to try reasoning with that person and help them see for themselves the error in their thinking.
Isn't that what I'm doing? Why is it when I do it, it's "attacking" but when you do it, it's a good thing?

' Son ', asking such questions suggests you are not growing and learning.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.